Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
I have already admitted that winning here is not an objective nor a possibility for reasons given. But responding to the continuous baiting is a welcome break from the now tired topic... What now for the EU. Fiction and conjecture has hit a wall. We must wait an see.
This topic is about our views and opinions on the future of the EU. That involves looking at available data and information and using our judgment and experience to draw conclusions. Some will be wrong, some will be right.

However, it is apparent that you do not like us discussing anything that may challenge what is, to you, a religious devotion to the EU. And you behave just like all religious nut jobs throughout history: you try to shut down and derail debate and, failing that, revert to insults.

However, despite your efforts, it doesn’t change the facts that we have left the EU, you failed, and you’re a loser.

This topic is about our views and opinions on the future of the EU. That involves looking at available data and information and using our judgment and experience to draw conclusions. Some will be wrong, some will be right.

However, it is apparent that you do not like us discussing anything that may challenge what is, to you, a religious devotion to the EU. And you behave just like all religious nut jobs throughout history: you try to shut down and derail debate and, failing that, revert to insults.

However, despite your efforts, it doesn’t change the facts that we have left the EU, you failed, and you’re a loser.
you forgot the fact that he is also a mong, twice.
the mong

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Except in March this year when you informed us;

I've probably apologised 2 or 3 times to Ambassadors over lunch since 2016, but it gets such a good harvest here that I've made a game of it.

So which is it?

That is what I did. It's not what the idiot said, though.

FFS, whilst HB is what he is, a paid dribbling loon intent on derailing the thread. The rest of you constantly feeding him need to give your collective heads wobble.

If you simply stop responding it has nowhere to go. Same applies to the other trolls whi infest what could be an interesting thread.

STOP ENCOURAGING THE CRETIN!!!

But then you all know this, but simply can't help yourselves, which from military men is disappointing to say the least.

I shall now return to my merlot & continue hurumphing quietly about standards & ARRSE not being what it was.. :mad::rolleyes:

FFS, whilst HB is what he is, a paid dribbling loon intent on derailing the thread. The rest of you constantly feeding him need to give your collective heads wobble.

If you simply stop responding it has nowhere to go. Same applies to the other trolls whi infest what could be an interesting thread.

STOP ENCOURAGING THE CRETIN!!!

But then you all know this, but simply can't help yourselves, which from military men is disappointing to say the least.

I shall now return to my merlot & continue hurumphing quietly about standards & ARRSE not being what it was.. :mad::rolleyes:
It was only recently when once more I tried to engage with this moron. I'd heard of his views, but hadn't come across them. Please, don't point me to where I'll find more of his dross. Although the it is being fed, as @Helm pointed out, its views need to be exposed.

It was only recently when once more I tried to engage with this moron. I'd heard of his views, but hadn't come across them. Please, don't point me to where I'll find more of his dross. Although the it is being fed, as @Helm pointed out, its views need to be exposed.
His views have been exposed. Time to stop feeding the troll..

What now for the EU? What a good topic for a thread.

What I've seen so far here is that the remainer's idea for the future is that the EU will somehow thrive despite rumblings from many of the MS populations. If Brussels can sideline or remove any meaningful form of democracy then that may be possible, although the last time a one size fits all policy was foisted on Europe it didn't end well for anybody.

I suspect that if those espousing the EU is great point of view on this thread are anything to go by then the majority of EU fans are more narrow minded and racist than anyone who voted leave.

If that holds true for the rest of the 'meritocracy' (a bunch of mendacious chancers who all seem to be failed politicos from their own countries) then the future for the EU would appear to be short and doomed to a messy failure.

However since freewill doesn't exist, that's going to happen anyway.

In true remainer fashion I will be delighted to say

'I told you so.'

In between bursts of laughter.

the EU cannot function as a representative democracy.
its creation as an appointed technocracy is not accidental.

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
If your understanding of democracy is to vote for a pack of lies and have a scruffy, clot headed, obese dwarf and his band of idiots embarrassing the country, each with a book of blank cheques for their pals and con men, spending into the next century with borrowed money at out expense, whilst presiding over the destruction of a nation ...then we differ in our definition of the word.
Then you don't understand the definition of democracy.

The big problem with that is that there are a growing number of people in the UK and in the world who have opposing opinions... But they don't sit here like me and take mindless ad hominem attacks each time a reasonable bit of information is presented. This is the way of Arrse...

On religion, one of my pet subjects and a great analogy, the EU is not an invisible figment of imagination. Observers can prove that the organisation actually exists and is vey successful. But the borderline cult of brexit cannot materialise any of their fears into reality.

Interesting article in Politico

The EU really are between a rock and a hard place.

A full scale showdown with Hungary and Poland over the budget veto and it really could be game over.

Heels dug in and budget vetoed and it really could be game over.

Despite everything that has been said over Brexit. I think the one thing that really terrified the EU over Brexit was the potential Domino effect.

The EU might just be responsible for putting that Domino effect in full motion.

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
If your understanding of democracy is to vote for a pack of lies and have a scruffy, clot headed, obese dwarf and his band of idiots embarrassing the country, each with a book of blank cheques for their pals and con men, spending into the next century with borrowed money at out expense, whilst presiding over the destruction of a nation ...then we differ in our definition of the word.
Enough about Macron

Your reasons for your vote are valid for you, and nobody should be berating you for your democratic choice.
Likewise, the people who voted to leave made a valid choice, and their choice must also be respected.
However, you fail to address the point I made about the original lie in the original referendum.
We were told we were joining a common market, not a European superstate.
People were lied to then, so remainers can't really complain about being lied to this time around.
A fair point perhaps. But as the common market evolved, got bigger and better there are no grounds for claiming 'evil superstate'...that is where the paranoia becomes apparent.

Latest Threads