Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

b_flat

Old-Salt
Hi.

Will someone please PM me when/if this thread ever gets back on topic?

Ta Muchly.

If free will doesn't exist, then that means that every decision I make is already decided for me. Which would then also apply to you, and everybody on the planet.
Which means that regardless of the voting pattern, Leave was going to win.
If you're saying that a person needs to be influenced by the right stuff, then what I understand that to mean is you have no choice.
So a dictatorship then?
Or did I misunderstand your comment?
That is basically correct. Cause and effect apply. Each leave vote was because of nothing more than influences...ahem, wrong influences. Remainers were exposed to the right influences as we will soon find out.

That is basically correct. Cause and effect apply. Each leave vote was because of nothing more than influences...ahem, wrong influences. Remainers were exposed to the right influences as we will soon find out.
Ok, so am I correct to assume that if you were in charge of the referendum, there would only be one option...Remain?
But using that rationale, the original referendum in 74 was flawed, because people were told that they were voting for an economic union, a Common Market, not a European superstate.
So if you want to talk about lies, let's talk about the original one.

Keep going....... we might have the Boggart on the run.

1606678625388.png

philc

LE
Hi.

Ta Muchly.

Your right.

At the moment this must be going down down well in Italy, a country close to voting back in the sort of Government that the EU hates, one that does not bend the knee. Want to force a country to elect a far right party thats quite happy blocking ports to illegals and forcing boats back out in to the Med this is the way to go.

The European Court of Justice (ECJ) has determined that Italy must pay for the dependents of migrants even if they do not live in the European Union.

EU judges stated that Italian legislation which allows Italians to claim benefits for dependents living abroad but which bars non-EU migrants from doing so was contrary to EU law. The court, therefore, ruled that non-EU citizens with residency permits or who are long-term residents are entitled to allowances for their families living outside of the bloc.

@Higgs_bosun still a twat.

Ok, so am I correct to assume that if you were in charge of the referendum, there would only be one option...Remain?
But using that rationale, the original referendum in 74 was flawed, because people were told that they were voting for an economic union, a Common Market, not a European superstate.
So if you want to talk about lies, let's talk about the original one.
Thankfully I was not running the remain campaign. My only reasons for voting to stay in the EU were based upon the information and situation of 2016. I fact checked claims from both sides and could not find sufficient material to support the fears and propaganda of leave. Sadly due to the influence of social media a major disaster in now inevitable.

Chef

LE
What now for the EU? What a good topic for a thread.

What I've seen so far here is that the remainer's idea for the future is that the EU will somehow thrive despite rumblings from many of the MS populations. If Brussels can sideline or remove any meaningful form of democracy then that may be possible, although the last time a one size fits all policy was foisted on Europe it didn't end well for anybody.

I suspect that if those espousing the EU is great point of view on this thread are anything to go by then the majority of EU fans are more narrow minded and racist than anyone who voted leave.

If that holds true for the rest of the 'meritocracy' (a bunch of mendacious chancers who all seem to be failed politicos from their own countries) then the future for the EU would appear to be short and doomed to a messy failure.

However since freewill doesn't exist, that's going to happen anyway.

In true remainer fashion I will be delighted to say

'I told you so.'

In between bursts of laughter.

I think this is the site’s resident religious fundamentalist’s (maybe without the “funda“) way of trying to back out of a fight it’s realised it cannot win.

It knows it it wrong but lacks the maturity to admit it.

Maybe it can get back on topic.
I have already admitted that winning here is not an objective nor a possibility for reasons given. But responding to the continuous baiting is a welcome break from the now tired topic... What now for the EU. Fiction and conjecture has hit a wall. We must wait an see.

Thankfully I was not running the remain campaign. My only reasons for voting to stay in the EU were based upon the information and situation of 2016. I fact checked claims from both sides and could not find sufficient material to support the fears and propaganda of leave. Sadly due to the influence of social media a major disaster in now inevitable.
Your reasons for your vote are valid for you, and nobody should be berating you for your democratic choice.
Likewise, the people who voted to leave made a valid choice, and their choice must also be respected.
However, you fail to address the point I made about the original lie in the original referendum.
We were told we were joining a common market, not a European superstate.
People were lied to then, so remainers can't really complain about being lied to this time around.

Your reasons for your vote are valid for you, and nobody should be berating you for your democratic choice.
Likewise, the people who voted to leave made a valid choice, and their choice must also be respected.
However, you fail to address the point I made about the original lie in the original referendum.
We were told we were joining a common market, not a European superstate.
People were lied to then, so remainers can't really complain about being lied to this time around.
I ran out of respect when confronted with infantile bile for simply finding flaws in the brexit material. Any lies in the original referendum do not justify the destruction of prosperity and good will built up over decades. History is full of lies...as the history being written right now will reveal.

So you admit you just wibble in the corner of this electronic room, about stuff you don't know about.

Do you really think the Mossad were invented on the back of lots of porkies about the holocaust?
No mate...

I probably know more about the subject than you think and if in an appropriate topic would inform you all about the "porkies" and why they are so fiercely defended.

That's fine, we can agree that politicians lie on a regular basis.
But complaining about lies in the Leave campaign, when you know that the original campaign was based on lies, doesn't strengthen your case.
As we all know, the current worldwide situation isn't good, but once the world has returned to normal, and as long as our prospects are not deliberately hampered out of spite, we will eventually see if the decision to leave was a good one, or not.

Hi.

Ta Muchly.
Back on *topic.

* Sorry to disappoint, I lied. ;) But nothing like as much as the liar who knows best, everybody else is wrong, except him. It's an insult to compare it, sorry it, to anything else on the planet. @Helm , you were right. It can furk aff at the high port.