Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

A quarter of a century ago I was 2IC at ATR Glencorse (the old R Scots Depot). I used to interview the Sect Comd instructors. With the Weegies I tried to smile and nod in what I thought were the appropriate moments.

Didn't have a clue what they were saying, but very fine fellows, all the same.
Fine fellows, eh?
You're the sort of officer who gave officers a bad name.

Attachments

• angif-blow-your-own-horn.gif
    angif-blow-your-own-horn.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 16
Nothing wrong with democracy if applied correctly. When propaganda, lies and fools are in abundance it becomes fertile ground for what we have now. A corrupt, incompetent and dangerous collection of misfits destroying everything for nothing.

Part of the democratic process is free will, something about which you seem to get quite perturbed. For some reason, you get quite wound up when people vote for what they believe to be right, in opposition to your personal point of view. Just because you don't agree with their choice of box to tick doesn't mean it's not democratic.

Until you figure that out, your squealing and the fruitless fizzing at the gash of those like you will continue to arouse me.

Have they got you sitting up and on solids yet?

You see...that is the quality of replies worthy of this topic.
Still in the "Mum, mum the other boys are mean to me and laugh at me because I still pee in my pants and shit myself." phase I see.

Well the so called "quality media" like Spiegel, Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung and the public broadcast TV programmes are EU friendly. You do find the odd opinion piece that is not biased towards the EU's position but in General it is EU=Good, Brexit=Bad, Johnson=Trumps twin, a rabid populist etc.
Morning, well look, psychologically one would expect that. The specific war is not being fought there it's here with the distinction of a left wing mindset against traditional school of thought that teaches Capitalism- if you like there's a rerun in Europe of the Luther/ Calvin argument. It's further complicated by an Identity crisis of an Organisation that want's to be but is not structured for that.

The EU has merely replaced the church in the argument. If you like the counter argument by Luther is that the EU cannot sell indulgences. The Germans in this case have no other argument because they are not allowed to trust themselves.
The French on the other hand, have resumed Napoleon's role which he started in 1808 by dissolving the HRE and for them the EU is another means of completing that mission. In this one has to ask a fundamental question, why did France not accept the death of the French nation in favour of a whole Europe view that was needed in 1945. The Answer is simple- who would people accept should run it? The Americans, The British,THE FRENCH?

Once one has worked that out one begins to realise that whilst Maastricht could still manage to run, it couldn't run any further. The concept was flawed from the start.

You mean you can speak faster than you can think.
As anyone who has listened into a Jock infantry radio net when a c/s is under contact can testify!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

VP goes richt oot the windae :):)
Whoever needed BATCO on an insecure net?!!

Reminds me of 1 RWF Comd net back in the day, "Welsh-speaker required on the net now, out"!

Part of the democratic process is free will, something about which you seem to get quite perturbed. For some reason, you get quite wound up when people vote for what they believe to be right, in opposition to your personal point of view. Just because you don't agree with their choice of box to tick doesn't mean it's not democratic.

Until you figure that out, your squealing and the fruitless fizzing at the gash of those like you will continue to arouse me.
Free will does not perturb me at all as the scientific evidence shows that it cannot exist...everything that you think and do will depend on some prior influence. A 'personal' opinion is just the manifestation of instructions from your sub-consciousness...another topic.

Luckily I am influenced by the right stuff. Hard luck pal...you were influenced by junk.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Whoever needed BATCO on an insecure net?!!

Reminds me of 1 RWF Comd net back in the day, "Welsh-speaker required on the net now, out"!

I read that a Welsh infantry unit confused listeners to their radio net in the Korean unpleasantness by conversing in Welsh.

There's tidy.

Still in the "Mum, mum the other boys are mean to me and laugh at me because I still pee in my pants and shit myself." phase I see.
Now look...If you are going to feed me against the wishes of your imaginary friends, at least provide something with some meat on the bones...

Free will does not perturb me at all as the scientific evidence shows that it cannot exist...everything that you think and do will depend on some prior influence. A 'personal' opinion is just the manifestation of instructions from your sub-consciousness...another topic.

Luckily I am influenced by the right stuff. Hard luck pal...you were influenced by junk.

Free will, the ability and opportunity to make choices based on whatever data you deem fit for purpose. The fact you chose the losing side and now feel it's OK to try to sabotage a legitimate result is your problem, no one else's, along with making you look a complete tool. The fact you feel it's OK in the first place highlights your utter lack of understanding of democratic outcomes.

Squeal for me some more, Ned.

Latest Threads