Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Interesting . In our neck of the woods - or, rather, just over the border, a rural area - they are very much on the side of Brexit, anti-Macron and the 75-bubble in general.

In my very rural part of France, and well within any border there is just a sad resignation, even wistful envy, over the fact that they will never again be asked their views on the subject.
Not since 2005 when 55% of them said no to more Europe.
That generation are still around, still have a vote, if ever asked, which is what the politicos all fear.
Especially Macron and the rest of the European political classes of whatever nationality.

Working and taxpaying people alles über der platz have sussed that giving your dosh to Brussels, then getting it allocated back to you and being told exactly where to spend it, minus an 8% admin fee for the privilege is just a piss-take.

Not since 2005 when 55% of them said no to more Europe.
That generation are still around, still have a vote, if ever asked, which is what the politicos all fear.
Especially Macron and the rest of the European political classes of whatever nationality.
Nicholas Bay also addresses that, saying the French people have long memories , and will not let the self-appointed elite get away with it.

There is a certain bias against the UK in reporting, at least in Germany. I can well imagine that it is not much different in France.
It's like the: The EU did and is doing everything right and the wicked evil Boris and his Brexiteers have forced the UK and its people to leave the EU.
Back then in the good old times one would have called it Propaganda.

For objective news reports and analysis the world only has to look to the BBC.

For objective news reports and analysis the world only has to look to the BBC.
I'm afraid you can't do that without second thoughts either. In the end, the media is also keen on money, influence and access to power.
This is not to say that all journalists lie, but a good number of them have stopped reporting the facts and are more interested in expressing their own opinions.

philc

LE
that explains a bit.

they really should stop smoking weeds they find in the woods.
Or not.

Its mushroom season, if you can find a common stinkhorn, happy days.

Dont eat it though.

Truxx

LE
Did you read the punchline?

6 sailings a week each way at 125 lorries each

750 lorries each way per week (39,000 a year). Not much impact when 400,000 lorries a year transit Holyhead alone
Less than 10% of current traffic

Edited original post as I got the amount of sailings wrong
I read the comments...not many compliments...

Working and taxpaying people alles über der platz have sussed that giving your dosh to Brussels, then getting it allocated back to you and being told exactly where to spend it, minus an 8% admin fee for the privilege is just a piss-take.

was the Treaty of Rome drawn up by the Mafia?

This, right here, is all the proof anyone needs that you have no understanding of democracy at all, which nicely explains your adherence to and high regard for the EU and it's undemocratic, unelected and unaccountable institutions.

The UK is well rid of the EU and the sycophantic followers thereof.
There are many forms of democracy and popular alternatives.

What Are The Different Types And Forms Of Democracy? (scienceabc.com)

10 Alternatives To Conventional Liberal Democracy - Listverse

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

The EU is a meritocracy and I rather like the system.

Latest Threads