Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Keep digging that hole. The remain camp cringe every time you hit the post reply button. You're doing an excellent job of making remainers look like moonscreeching bellwhiffs who don't understand democraacy.
If your understanding of democracy is to vote for a pack of lies and have a scruffy, clot headed, obese dwarf and his band of idiots embarrassing the country, each with a book of blank cheques for their pals and con men, spending into the next century with borrowed money at out expense, whilst presiding over the destruction of a nation ...then we differ in our definition of the word.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

philc

LE
If your understanding of democracy is to vote for a pack of lies and have a scruffy, clot headed, obese dwarf and his band of idiots embarrassing the country, each with a book of blank cheques for their pals and con men, spending into the next century with borrowed money at out expense, whilst presiding over the destruction of a nation ...then we differ in our definition of the word.

This, right here, is all the proof anyone needs that you have no understanding of democracy at all, which nicely explains your adherence to and high regard for the EU and it's undemocratic, unelected and unaccountable institutions.

The UK is well rid of the EU and the sycophantic followers thereof.

Sorry I meant Frost. BArnier is a bumbling idiot who has completely misunderstood his and the EU's position.
Barnier still thinks he is negotiating from a position of strength
Actually I think the EP may just have sprung a surprise on him by stating that they want terms acceptable to them. Now this is at odds with the previous position of the EP will ratify what the commission wants. We appear to be entering a world of treble think. This may have emboldened Johnno and Frost because the EP is saying it will not ratify a deal at any price. Ergo behind the scenes the CM may well be preparing for a no deal- which I happen to think will give much needed stability. The pendulum is swinging back. Plus if Hungary and Poland do rip up their agreements- there may be a chain reaction.

If your understanding of democracy is to vote for a pack of lies
ah ha ha ha ha ha aha, that is the funniest thing you have ever written. It's not the lies that matter, it's the vote you clot or are you not aware that people lie for the vote. There wouldn't be any point otherwise. Dear God give me strength- and you have the audacity to berate me. Go wear sack cloth and ashes until after lockdown. plus one year.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Actually I think the EP may just have sprung a surprise on him by stating that they want terms acceptable to them. Now this is at odds with the previous position of the EP will ratify what the commission wants. We appear to be entering a world of treble think. This may have emboldened Johnno and Frost because the EP is saying it will not ratify a deal at any price. Ergo behind the scenes the CM may well be preparing for a no deal- which I happen to think will give much needed stability. The pendulum is swinging back. Plus if Hungary and Poland do rip up their agreements- there may be a chain reaction.

I'm afraid I don't understand some of that.

I saw a press release earler for the new ferry route from rosslare from 2 Jan.

Did you read the punchline?

6 sailings a week each way at 125 lorries each

750 lorries each way per week (39,000 a year). Not much impact when 400,000 lorries a year transit Holyhead alone

Edited original post as I got the amount of sailings wrong

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that is so. Couple of weeks ago my brother, who has lived in France since 1968 and is now fully frogged up, was adamant that the UK are totally at fault purely for leaving. As he became more and more heated as I pointed out the EU intransigence, the fact that UK waters are in fact UK waters etc etc. In the end he hung up on me!

Not just the French government, the country believes the blame sits wholly with the UK not giving in.
There is a certain bias against the UK in reporting, at least in Germany. I can well imagine that it is not much different in France.
It's like the: The EU did and is doing everything right and the wicked evil Boris and his Brexiteers have forced the UK and its people to leave the EU.
Back then in the good old times one would have called it Propaganda.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not Spain and Portugal, they're both economic basket cases and both have a history of sucking voraciously on the teat of free money.
If it's a trading relationship it doesn't matter. We sell them stuff tariff free, we buy their stuff tariff free. No interference in their politics, boundaries, fishing or industry.

And no social engineering or moving jobs and production around.

There is a certain bias against the UK in reporting, at least in Germany. I can well imagine that it is not much different in France.
It's like the: The EU did and is doing everything right and the wicked evil Boris and his Brexiteers have forced the UK and its people to leave the EU.
Back then in the good old times one would have called it Propaganda.
Goebells walt. You didn't really think you'd get away with that, did you?