What now for the EU ?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
The EU has offered to give us back less than 20% of the quota of our own fish.

According to the Irish TImes the UK has said no more than 20% fish from UK waters to be fished by EU boats.
Personally I think thats quite generous

they can have the full 100% quota, but they pay market rates for the privilege.

We’re out of the EU. That’s all the victory we need.
Hurrah!, hurrah!...I won...

7ffaed3a00fb3afa6c61fffb2f61ad71.png

If you really want blue sky thinking about what’s next for the EU, how about but Eirexit being a possibility?

In a scenario where UK devolution approaches an end state of an independent Scotland and Wales, wouldn’t a “British Economic Community” of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland be a logical conclusion?

Works for me. But I supect the Paddies might get a bit uppity at that idea.
No appetite for idependence in Wales and the Scotland bit if overstated ny the SNP.

However, I do belive that Ireland would be better off hitching itself to the UK rather the europe but they won't

Works for me. But I supect the Paddies might get a bit uppity at that idea.
No appetite for idependence in Wales and the Scotland bit if overstated ny the SNP.

However, I do belive that Ireland would be better off hitching itself to the UK rather the europe but they won't
Think of the money Ireland would save by joining up with us after volunteering to take up our share to the EU

WightMivvi

War Hero
Hurrah!, hurrah!...I won...

View attachment 524391
Did you get aroused as you typed that?

However, I’d say you might want to rethink the analogy. Are you really suggesting Brexit will be a force for good for the next 2000 years?

Still, I suppose if your holy trinity was the Drunk, the Liar and the Gap-Toothed Twat, and you read from the Gospel according to St Granny-Fiddler, such poor debating skills are understandable.

Fleet Operational Sea Training.
Used to be "Flag Officer Sea Training," until this year. Ships would head down to Portland and then over a two week period the ship would be tasked to complete successful exercises in ship and systems management, generally in foul weather, and be scored points by FOST's team. Once up to speed it was bugger off to whatever task the ship was listed for. Some good runs ashore in Weymouth but a great relief when all the shenanigans was over. One task on one of my ships was "Make RED smoke." one way to achieve this was to set of a red flare as red smoke not required to come from funnel. Our comminications officer pulled the tab and nothing happened, until he looked down the working end of the flare and "Bang!" The Emperor made a surprise visit and a helicopter was summonsed to take the daft bugger to hospital. He ended up as an Observer on Phantoms so all good in the end. :cool:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Used to be "Flag Officer Sea Training," until this year. Ships would head down to Portland and then over a two week period the ship would be tasked to complete successful exercises in ship and systems management, generally in foul weather, and be scored points by FOST's team. Once up to speed it was bugger off to whatever task the ship was listed for. Some good runs ashore in Weymouth but a great relief when all the shenanigans was over. One task on one of my ships was "Make RED smoke." one way to achieve this was to set of a red flare as red smoke not required to come from funnel. Our comminications officer pulled the tab and nothing happened, until he looked down the working end of the flare and "Bang!" The Emperor made a surprise visit and a helicopter was summonsed to take the daft bugger to hospital. He ended up as an Observer on Phantoms so all good in the end. :cool:

Same thing.

anglo

LE
Did you get aroused as you typed that?

However, I’d say you might want to rethink the analogy. Are you really suggesting Brexit will be a force for good for the next 2000 years?

Still, I suppose if your holy trinity was the Drunk, the Liar and the Gap-Toothed Twat, and you read from the Gospel according to St Granny-Fiddler, such poor debating skills are understandable.
Stop poking the Broadmoor inmate

Apparently we are selfish and just plain nasty.....

What really annoys her is that herself and her fellow expats decided only stupid racists would vote for Brexit.
Consequently she struggles to reconcile that belief with how I could believe in Brexit.
Of my many personality defects to which I freely admit, I'm not stupid.

She genuinely cannot understand how anybody who isn't a raving moron could vote to leave the EU. It really does trouble her.

She also neatly ignores that the reason Brexit is going to cause her difficulties is because after living a decade in France she still can't be arsed to do the necessary paperwork to make her a pukka Frenchwoman.
Does/did she return to the UK to abuse the NHS if it was required?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Aye but my post gave a bit of info to the question. You stick to RMAS workings up, young fellow me lad and leave the workings of the Senior Service to those who really know, eh? :cool:

Like my friends and relatives?

I'm not so sure that is so. Couple of weeks ago my brother, who has lived in France since 1968 and is now fully frogged up, was adamant that the UK are totally at fault purely for leaving. As he became more and more heated as I pointed out the EU intransigence, the fact that UK waters are in fact UK waters etc etc. In the end he hung up on me!

Not just the French government, the country believes the blame sits wholly with the UK not giving in.
Interesting . In our neck of the woods - or, rather, just over the border, a rural area - they are very much on the side of Brexit, anti-Macron and the 75-bubble in general. Marine is a poster girl.
The General Secretary of Rassemblement National, Nicholas Bay, an MEP, had this to say in the Express:
"The media caste was unanimous, and the political class was not far from it.
“Since then, without having been disturbed by the result, most of the French media have continued their fake news: they persist in portraying Brexit as a disaster and the United Kingdom as solely responsible for the situation.
“Turning his attention to the UK's decision to quit the EU, Mr Bay added: "I think France is in a very special situation vis-a-vis Brexit.
"First of all, the French media propaganda during the British referendum was appalling.
"We were predicting the apocalypse in the event of a Brexit victory, we announced the 'no' as a sure thing.
"The European Commission has never been criticised.“

Naturally, there will be many who plead the ‘Keeler Defence’ to that.

Reminds me of a certain ex naval civilian helicopter pilot. The UK CAA were begining to insist on single engined night flying helicopters carrying flares for emergecy landing use. He decided to fire a hand held flare from an aircraft as a demo. Managed to invert and fire the flare into the dark cockpit and had an exciting time getting it back on the ground.