Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Not being flippant but read the first couple of paragraphs and this:

Potential reforms should be considered ahead of the 2024 elections, such as remote voting in specific circumstances, lowering the minimum voting age to 16, common admission, campaigning and funding rules, and the establishment of a European Electoral Authority. The upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe could examine these topics and others, say MEPs, such as transnational lists that would increase the visibility of European political parties and movements, the establishment of collective responsibility for the Commission and the transformation of the Council into a second EU legislative chamber, building on the momentum of youth participation.

Our youth will set us free.

the Hitler youth of the 30’s went on to be the most devout and fanatical supporters of the Party in the 40’s.

It's the first part of a process followed by several other checks. You should try it... Wiki is pretty good. No apologies for taking bits to save time. Those that moan about Wiki and copied material do so because the facts do not match their delusions.
It's quite simple really. Phrenology is the study of traits in the structure of the head/face. This is how liars other criminals and Thieves were originally portrayed. Reinforced in oodles in Victorian literature. Physiognomy is the structure/ construction of the face. Hence the term Fizzog. One was strictly medical, Physiognomy, which was why there were advances in reconstructive surgery. The other was/is a Psuedo science that caused millions of deaths.

WightMivvi

War Hero
Fvck me that's weird.

We've voted in favour of a colour-blind immigration policy that doesn't favour white-majority countries.

FoM is the racist immigration policy.
Stop it. You can’t use logic and facts to highlight a fundamental problem at the heart of the EU. It confuses the religious fundamentalists of Continuity Remain and makes them want to burn more heretics.

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
Not being flippant but I read the first couple of paragraphs and this:

Potential reforms should be considered ahead of the 2024 elections, such as remote voting in specific circumstances, lowering the minimum voting age to 16, {...} building on the momentum of youth participation.

Our youth will set us free.
I've long held the view that there should be a "current affairs" exam that you have to pass before being allowed to vote, where people have to demonstrate they understand the consequences of the way they may vote.

This can put an end to "My father voted for x, as did his father, and his father and his father. Therefore I will..."

It's the first part of a process followed by several other checks. You should try it... Wiki is pretty good. No apologies for taking bits to save time. Those that moan about Wiki and copied material do so because the facts do not match their delusions.
So you believe plagiarism and breach of copyright to be acceptable, then?
Well, I suppose you do, given that you are a serial offender.

The EU negotiations are reaching that critical point and the EU is shifting on fisheries (which means, we must be shifting even further on something else).

What do we think is our compromise, to match the EUs ?

Unlike you though, most people quoting (in your case, blatantly and directly copying and pasting) chunks of of Wikipedia, newspaper articles and other stuff found on t’interweb actually credit their sources rather than pass it off as something their own.

You have plenty of previous for copying the written material of others and presenting it as your own. It seems to be habitual but it doesn't make you look clever or knowledgeable. What it does do is have people looking to see where anything you present as your own is 'stolen' from. Invariably they find the (uncredited) source.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The EU negotiations are reaching that critical point and the EU is shifting on fisheries (which means, we must be shifting even further on something else).

What do we think is our compromise, to match the EUs ?
You say that like it is a bad thing.

I said four years ago that proper negotiation comprises give and take on both sides.

Up to now it seems to have been all take on the EU side with little give, which to be fair has been reciprocated by BJ's new team. I also pointed out that when we get a deal there will be bits Remainers don't like and there will be bits Leavers won't like. That is the nature of reaching agreements.

As long as the balance is good then we should be comfortable with a compromised, by both sides, deal.

WightMivvi

War Hero

I said four years ago that proper negotiation comprises give and take on both sides.

Up to now it seems to have been all take on the EU side with little give, which to be fair has been reciprocated by BJ's new team. I also pointed out that when we get a deal there will be bits Remainers don't like and there will be bits Leavers won't like. That is the nature of reaching agreements.

As long as the balance is good then we should be comfortable with a compromised, by both sides, deal.
I agree. Any deal will not be as good as I wish or as bad as Continuity Remainers hope.

No one will be happy, and demented individuals such as Higgy will jis all over these pages in an outpouring of ecstasy because they imagine they’ve been vindicated and that we’re now a slave to their religion.

I can accept compromise. But, remember the last government compromise was to sign the WA and then cue the desperate efforts to break the imaginary law(international) that we hold so dear, by creating an internal market in the UK.

Agreed .... and one avenue of movement could be the use of phased changes rather than a cliff edge approach being used to placate those adversely affected in still contentious areas .

anglo

LE
Some didn't get the message that the UK is going to be a sh*t place and want to come in

Almost one million more EU citizens have applied to stay in the UK after Brexit than
had been expected as applications hit 4.2 million

WFMOB

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can accept compromise. But, remember the last government compromise was to sign the WA and then cue the desperate efforts to break the imaginary law(international) that we hold so dear, by creating an internal market in the UK.
A highly skewed but normal response from the Boris Grrr team.

Unlike you though, most people quoting (in your case, blatantly and directly copying and pasting) chunks of of Wikipedia, newspaper articles and other stuff found on t’interweb actually credit their sources rather than pass it off as something their own.

You have plenty of previous for copying the written material of others and presenting it as your own. It seems to be habitual but it doesn't make you look clever or knowledgeable. What it does do is have people looking to see where anything you present as your own is 'stolen' from. Invariably they find the (uncredited) source.

I detect prejudice. Cribbers' Lives Matter!

( a former schoolmaster of mine used to say: " Copying from one book is cribbing. Copying from two books is research." )

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads