Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

BobbHope

War Hero
So the EU are seeing the light and may move to a more democratic process of electing the Commission President, not before time allowing the actual voters to select the EU President as opposed to a carve up between parties and countries. This is after the 2019 farce and hopefully will bring further democracy to the EU.

Of course I doubt it will happen by the time of the next EU elections, and if it does and its not the result the EU wants will be kicked in to touch the election after.

The Spitzenkandidaten process is a joke, farce way of doing any thing, another reason to leave.

Not being flippant but I read the first couple of paragraphs and this:

Potential reforms should be considered ahead of the 2024 elections, such as remote voting in specific circumstances, lowering the minimum voting age to 16, common admission, campaigning and funding rules, and the establishment of a European Electoral Authority. The upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe could examine these topics and others, say MEPs, such as transnational lists that would increase the visibility of European political parties and movements, the establishment of collective responsibility for the Commission and the transformation of the Council into a second EU legislative chamber, building on the momentum of youth participation.

Our youth will set us free.

Not being flippant but read the first couple of paragraphs and this:

Potential reforms should be considered ahead of the 2024 elections, such as remote voting in specific circumstances, lowering the minimum voting age to 16, common admission, campaigning and funding rules, and the establishment of a European Electoral Authority. The upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe could examine these topics and others, say MEPs, such as transnational lists that would increase the visibility of European political parties and movements, the establishment of collective responsibility for the Commission and the transformation of the Council into a second EU legislative chamber, building on the momentum of youth participation.

Our youth will set us free.
I thought it was "Arbeit macht frei"?

No phrenology you daft bugger, a pseudoscience that uses features of the skull to measure mental traits. Perfectly suited for you because you are in everything pseudo, like the pseudofactual drivel that you sprout permanently.
A point of order! Where have I used or supported "phrenology"? I know the difference...do you? ...read the bloody posts.

That quote from HB sums up in one sentence why people voted to leave the EU.
easy, they will have no policy and will be getting overrun by migrants from Africa that experiencing a massive population boom.
The EU will be seeing, at the low end, 30 million migrants a year by the end of this decade.

Africas population will double to 2.5 Billion by 2050, and the complacent, rich, prosperous Europe, lands of free benefits, is next door.
Amazing... when leavers are accused of voting because of immigrants and racism they deny everything!

A point of order! Where have I used or supported "phrenology"? I know the difference...do you? ...read the bloody posts.
Look my English istn't that good but in my books the phrase " Perfectly suited for you because you are in everything pseudo, like the pseudofactual drivel that you sprout permanently." does not contain a statement if and when you supported this, but that I can imagine that this pseudo-nonsense is quite suitable for you. Because all you have shown over a long time is belief in and tossing around of pseudofactual text bits.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fact checking is clearly not one of your strong points.
A pure coincidence then that your opening line is almost word for word exactly the same as Wiki, sure, why not.
Evidence is that the popularity of physiognomy grew throughout the first quarter of the 18th century and into the 19th century, pre-NAZI Germany. It still has some scientific validity today apparently. Don't forget about eugenics and the Galton Institute too...British!
"The popularity of physiognomy grew throughout the first quarter of the 18th century and into the 19th century"

To be fair to the EU, they have spent billions on an armed border force. They seem more determined to keep brown people out than they were in the past.

A bit like the EU parliamentary assembly, really; mainly for white people (with the exception of the cleaners).

Freedom of Movement is only for white majority countries.
Well that’s generically true to a point. EUropean countries are considered white’ish.
The EUhave certainly spent billions in branding Frontex, but .....

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't know. They're not very good.
I like the meerkats. They're funny.
I don't know what they're selling though.

I still remember the chimps and the PG Tips ad.

I don't know. They're not very good.
I like the meerkats. They're funny.
I don't know what they're selling though.
No I think you mean the reBranding of the UK into the new acceptabubble. If they want me to buy through that, they're wasting their time. On the other hand they are entitled to claim back through their accounts. So were all paying for this, well er, Blackwashing. Not ads at at all. Don't be fooled by the Meerkats, that soft's Russian power. Cuddly uncle Putin. A deliberate attempt to expunge the concepts of England- Victoria Started it Dontcha know. Something about the noble Savage....

A pure coincidence then that your opening line is almost word for word exactly the same as Wiki, sure, why not.

"The popularity of physiognomy grew throughout the first quarter of the 18th century and into the 19th century"
It's the first part of a process followed by several other checks. You should try it... Wiki is pretty good. No apologies for taking bits to save time. Those that moan about Wiki and copied material do so because the facts do not match their delusions.

Latest Threads