What now for the EU ?

Oyibo

LE
No, EU MS are stuck with massive amounts of debt, not the EU. The legal obligation rests with the individual MS. Those same MS currently have legal recourse, although it hasn't been used, to challenge overspending by the EU commission.

That's why the current move for the EU to issue its own debt, in its own name, is so divisive. It would a) make individual MS liable for EU commission debt, where all debt is underwritten by all MS.....which is another way of saying that the ultimate obligor of EU commission debt would be the MS least likely to default (read Germany), and b) it would make it almost impossible to leave the EU, as the exit package would include paying out an MS share of EU commission obligations so underwritten.
So essentially a monetary sovereignty coup attempt?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
No, EU MS are stuck with massive amounts of debt, not the EU. The legal obligation rests with the individual MS. Those same MS currently have legal recourse, although it hasn't been used, to challenge overspending by the EU commission.

That's why the current move for the EU to issue its own debt, in its own name, is so divisive. It would a) make individual MS liable for EU commission debt, where all debt is underwritten by all MS.....which is another way of saying that the ultimate obligor of EU commission debt would be the MS least likely to default (read Germany), and b) it would make it almost impossible to leave the EU, as the exit package would include paying out an MS share of EU commission obligations so underwritten.
the EEC/EU has more hidden debt than most member states. it is why it cannot ever pass an audit.

like I said it overspends by around 12bn every single year. you only have to check the EU budgets.

not bad for something that cannot have a credit rating.

they cannot see it fail because the debt will have to go to the member states - who will demand hefty prison sentences and asset seizures.

EU states will not be happy, the EU has said the veto is going, then the rebate then the CAP.

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
You must be just that little bit further up the valley if you’re in ‘Formidable’ territory?
I think I'm actually in 'serieux' territory, but I haven't asked for one for some time, so cannot remember!

civvy

Old-Salt
‘Nos demandes’ could also be translated as ‘requests’, - less harsh than ‘demands’.
However, the translators in Brussels are pretty top notch and would not make such an interpretative error unless they had to and it was approved.
It does, though, give the originator some wriggle room if anybody makes a fuss.
I've always felt queasy when speaking French to 'demand' something. But as you say...

Londo

LE
Not a lot really. Apart from the silly clothes and the silly dancing. The bit at the end, slinging copious volumes of real ale down yer neck is perfectly acceptable.
Also the fact that you can 'blackface' and upset lots of woke people . That's got to make it all worthwhile .

well you can always buy a bag of tarmac and fill it in.

roads down here are not much better and the last time london had decent roads was just before the iceni sacked it.
I already pay council tax and road tax - they get over 2K a year from me. Maybe if they paid themselves less wages & got rid of some of the managers there would be more money to fix the roads....also the few months people are paying for services we are just not getting...(but don't expect a rebate), and when you do see them fixing the road - there's usually 1 guy working & four having a chat while propping up a shovel.

I already pay council tax and road tax - they get over 2K a year from me. Maybe if they paid themselves less wages & got rid of some of the managers there would be more money to fix the roads....also the few months people are paying for services we are just not getting...(but don't expect a rebate), and when you do see them fixing the road - there's usually 1 guy working & four having a chat while propping up a shovel.
@mrdude,
You have not said that you have reported the pothole.
If not, start here Report a pothole - mygov.scot
Once it has been reported use Claim for damage to your vehicle if your vehicle is damaged.

Apologies if you have already done so.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
they are supposed to check the roads twice a year and mark the damage - has it ever had spray paint to mark it out? - is the road actually adopted.

they are supposed to check the roads twice a year and mark the damage - has it ever had spray paint to mark it out? - is the road actually adopted.
What they are supposed to do and what they do are two different things. I'll fill that form in that's been linked and see how it goes, but I expect it will be filed under file 13.

That's where you need a local Wanksy walt the spray paint a cock round the pothole to shame the council into repairing the roads

That's where you need a local Wanksy walt the spray paint a cock round the pothole to shame the council into repairing the roads
It's not really a pothole - it's more like a mortar crater - It would need to be a massive cock (like bagsy and other remoaner type scum).

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
It's not really a pothole - it's more like a mortar crater - It would need to be a massive cock (like bagsy and other remoaner type scum).
so is it soon to be ex husband sized?

asking for my cousin

Latest Threads