Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Brexit is a mess because it is a massively complex issue that should never have been put to a referendum.
That is a personal view which I grant you. But no it's not a complex issue at it's heart- that's the Gordian knot and what did Alexander do, he simply cut it rather than waste time. Perhaps you should have taken a leaf out of his book. It is nothing to do with trade and everything to do with who controls and takes a slice. Rotten bastards diddled you didn't they.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Satire rather than humour, which is old core cartoonist.
Fair point, but I prefer cartoons to raise at least a smile, whether I agree with them or not.

(That part of France is economically depressed to say the least and it needs all the jobs it can get soonest to keep Mme Le Pen out, she currently has 4 out of 12 regional Calais seats in the National Assembly.
They are very strong on a local government level too, people are pissed off all over, not just in the UK).

Interesting times ahead everywhere methinks.
I’ve noticed Marine has made major inroads in the region - likewise just over the border from us in the Jura - which will go a long way to explaining Macron kicking off again against Brussels.
The EC has set up a € multi-billion fund (5 billion?) to compensate MS fishermen set to lose out post Brexit.
It appears Macron has demanded the lion’s share of that fund: other nations are kicking back against the demand.
As you say, and has been said many, many times, interesting times ahead.

I’ve noticed Marine has made major inroads in the region - likewise just over the border from us in the Jura - which will go a long way to explaining Macron kicking off again against Brussels.
The EC has set up a € multi-billion fund (5 billion?) to compensate MS fishermen set to lose out post Brexit.
It appears Macron has demanded the lion’s share of that fund: other nations are kicking back against the demand.
As you say, and has been said many, many times, interesting times ahead.
Just a quick fag packet calculation then. If the EU are saying they would have gained 5 Billion from our fishing, lets suppose that was an annual figure and let's also suppose that we have lost that amount in fishing to the EU over the last 45 years.
Ergo, we have lost around £200 billion (225 Billion Euros) in fishing income.

Never mind, remain told us it was insignificant and that we were being hysterical.................LOOK, freedom of movement and blue passports!

philc

LE
I think Macron has woke up and sniffed the coffee

He knows the EU is pulling out of Strasbourg.

He himself lamented that such a move would be the end of the EU :) :)

Not sure if its French lack of self awareness or a last throw of the dice to keep France relevant in the EU, a cut above the other countries. A bizarre demand or move.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Brexit is a mess because it is a massively complex issue that should never have been put to a referendum.
Ah yes, far too complex for a democratic decision to be made.

As the subject of Britain in Europe was never out of the news for the previous thirty years, and even the thickest thicko understood that as a consequence of the referendum we would either remain part of the EU or depart it to act independently, and the various complexities of Brexit were made clear to everyone (even before the campaigns directly prior to the vote), then I think you're talking absolute rubbish.

You belmer.

Ah yes, far too complex for a democratic decision to be made.

As the subject of Britain in Europe was never out of the news for the previous thirty years, and even the thickest thicko understood that as a consequence of the referendum we would either remain part of the EU or depart it to act independently, and the various complexities of Brexit were made clear to everyone (even before the campaigns directly prior to the vote), then I think you're talking absolute rubbish.

You belmer.
I'll not respond to the belter but the answer I've had to this statement for the last 5/6 years is that if it is too complicated an issue for the voting public to decide, then why wasn't it too complicated an issue 45 years ago? Were we more informed back then?
Don't bother hanging around for an answer, just stab them with your serrated steak knife and perform the coup de gras with your handy claw hammer.

philc

LE
I'll not respond to the belter but the answer I've had to this statement for the last 5/6 years is that if it is too complicated an issue for the voting public to decide, then why wasn't it too complicated an issue 45 years ago? Were we more informed back then?
Don't bother hanging around for an answer, just stab them with your serrated steak knife and perform the coup de gras with your handy claw hammer.

No question should be to complicated, either the person explaining does not know or lacks the ability to explain.

We watched Chernobyl, the bit where the Nuclear scientist explained why and what happened and the wife said after wards how good it was, she now understood how a Nuclear power station worked and why it happened, something she had never gave any though to.

No question is to complicated.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

The blow of fat?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No question is to complicated.
At last! OK Can you explain for me the workings of the female mind? At the same time answer why I am always wrong according to wimmin, when evidence, experience and pure common sense says I am not!

:)

Ha! Answer that then!!!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
At last! OK Can you explain for me the workings of the female mind? At the same time answer why I am always wrong according to wimmin, when evidence, experience and pure common sense says I am not!

Ha! Answer that then!!!

I think the answer to that is really another question but something along the lines of:
"How many lanes do you want on that transatlantic bridge"?

philc

LE

Ha! Answer that then!!!

My first point, either the person explaining does not know, that’s me on your question.

"The Brexit deal will be the easiest in human history"
"An oven ready deal"
"Let's take back control"
"Get brexit done"

Why is it so hard? A picture of your leader speaks a thousand words.

capo.jpg

Ha! Answer that then!!!
Lift up thine eyes unto the hills, and have a gander at Job 14, vv 1,2 & 4.
Not that Job was a misandryst ...

Just a quick fag packet calculation then. If the EU are saying they would have gained 5 Billion from our fishing, lets suppose that was an annual figure and let's also suppose that we have lost that amount in fishing to the EU over the last 45 years.
Ergo, we have lost around £200 billion (225 Billion Euros) in fishing income.

Never mind, remain told us it was insignificant and that we were being hysterical.................LOOK, freedom of movement and blue passports!
Reading another report, Brussels says the 5 billion is an across the board figure to compensate all sectors for post-Brexit losses.
It’s just that Macron seems to be making it all about fish, by demanding the lion’s share to compensate French fishermen.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
"The Brexit deal will be the easiest in human history"
"An oven ready deal"
"Let's take back control"
"Get brexit done"

Why is it so hard? A picture of your leader speaks a thousand words.

View attachment 523861
Once you’re calmed down and stopped your hissy fit, can you please show you knew what you were voting for in 2016 by letting us know what the EU’s immigration policies are going to look like in ten years time.

Latest Threads