Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounds like our resident holocaust-denier is a homophobe as well. Did he look at you in a funny way? I do love the intolerant bigotry of the left.
Well, he's a little bit frightened to start with, but after a cuddle he gets into the swing of things. Apparently his safe word is "Arbeit macht frei".

Why mess? There is no mess. What they have not understood is we don’t need a deal. We’re offering them a deal in their interest.

blind-man-with-dog.jpg

Brexit is a mess because it is a massively complex issue that should never have been put to a referendum. The electorate did not have a clue as to the full implications of their vote, and the government are totally out of their depth as they don’t have anywhere near enough relevant knowledge or understanding...

Brexit is a mess because it is a massively complex issue that should never have been put to a referendum.

What was complex about

Vote remain
Vote Leave

massively complex issue

The massively complex issue was created by the EU and remainers - Both sides being extremely butt-hurt that people had the audacity to vote leave. Both sides determined to overturn the result of the Referendum, and throw whatever obstacle big or small in the way.

I have tried my utmost to use small, easy to understand words that even a dung beetle could understand.

This has also been explained about a million times on the pages of ARRSE over the last 4 years.

View attachment 523808

Brexit is a mess because it is a massively complex issue that should never have been put to a referendum. The electorate did not have a clue as to the full implications of their vote, and the government are totally out of their depth as they don’t have anywhere near enough relevant knowledge or understanding...
Clearly then, the only way we can be saved now is for you to be our glorious leader. The government is out of its depth as they don’t have anywhere near enough relevant knowledge or understanding but you do.

Delusional doesn’t begin to describe you.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
View attachment 523808

Ah, that raises several issues about various failures (driven by hubris and a misplaced sense of superiority from the more rabid remainders) but I’ll just highlight that you (and other Remainers) did not know what you were voting for.

I’m sure you’ll be hurumphing at this point but, using one of your favourite subjects, please tell us what the EU’s immigration policies will look like in ten years time.

Or will you accept you don’t know what you voted for?

View attachment 523808

It was obviously too difficult for your addled brain to work out, everyone else seemed to manage.

How is the extension of Calais port going? Haven’t been there for a year, but they were cracking on then, in the area north of the approach road, around the old hoverport.
It is claimed that this extension will double capacity.

How is the extension of Calais port going? Haven’t been there for a year, but they were cracking on then, in the area north of the approach road, around the old hoverport.
It is claimed that this extension will double capacity.

Like you I have been nowhere for a while now but that project was pretty much finished in December 2019 when I last went through Calais.
It is for the new direct route to Tilbury that currently has been currently suspended due to insufficient demand!
Supposed to be mainly for rail freight, and unaccompanied freight traffic.
Oh, and a strike also bollocksed it up too.
Lasted as a route from September 2019 to January 2020.

(That part of France is economically depressed to say the least and it needs all the jobs it can get soonest to keep Mme Le Pen out, she currently has 4 out of 12 regional Calais seats in the National Assembly.
They are very strong on a local government level too, people are pissed off all over, not just in the UK).

Interesting times ahead everywhere methinks.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A rare beast indeed. A cartoonist actually backing Brexit.

I note the flag he has flying above the Mainsail.
Still as funny as cancer though.

Latest Threads