Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

This is the current situation in British governments for the next 4 years. Escaping from laws, standards and dismantling human rights were some of the reasons for brexit.

Wasn't there a news story a few weeks back about the EU complaining British standards which were about to be implemented were too stringent?

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
And that happens to work both ways. Although losing trade to 19 countries is only part of the problem... 27 countries are involved.
Yes, we're losing "free trade" with 27 EU-member states... "free" meaning it costs us £10bn (nett) pa in contributions.

Of those 27, only a couple really matter in the great scheme of things

@Krautman does have a point.
An early 80s Pentagon Comic Book, aka Langley Fact Book, had a drawing of the so-called T-80, which bore no resemblance to the T-80 pic you folks produced, which more closely resembled an upgraded T-64/T-72 upgraded hybrid: see IDR 12/81 for the Soviet tank evolution diagram.
Yes, first T-80s had T-64 Turret and couldn't fire ATGM's.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
But surely then, you must wake up in the middle of the night, trembling with fear, expecting that tapping noise is the first wave of EU stormtroopers arriving to execute you? If only you had voted remain!

Don't worry it will never happen but only because your prayers are being answered eh.
Nah, if their hammer-wielding fifth columnists are anything to go by, I’ve got nothing to worry about...

The church invested 500 years of effort into the Roman Empire; the structure, the authority, the bureaucracy, the tribes. And then a load of hairy-arrsed Germans ruined it all.

As it’s easier to control a single-entity than multiple entities, the church set about trying to reunify the resulting mishmash. The nearest it got was the Holy Roman Empire.

That is where the “idea” of a single Europe comes from: a wish for control and uniformity, to make everything neat and tidy, where everyone knows their place, for the glory of a supreme being.

It doesn’t worry or scare me; it’s just a bit too elitist for me.

But if you want to support what started as a catholic project to boost the power of the mumbo-jumbo wranglers, crack on.

Last edited:
Yes, we're losing "free trade" with 27 EU-member states... "free" meaning it costs us £10bn (nett) pa in contributions.

Of those 27, only a couple really matter in the great scheme of things
The costs of brexit so far have exceeded our entire contributions during membership and at least a £100bn more with nothing to show for it except ruin. Another brexiteer unable to understand why the membership fee in such a trade organisation is an absolute bargain and was an enormous benefit to the UK.

Please.
I've stopped posting here as I can't bear the constant deviation by the awoken troll.
This is the sort of 'European', you are trying to reason with:

higgs halfwit.JPG

Please stop feeding the troll.

Latest Threads