Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Creepy? Drunk? That's all you've got left? Just dull insults.
Irony tsunami...
You've run out of tactics. Shame. You really were a natural with maintaining the concrete bombs, weren't you.
Never worked in a dump Poindexter, missile site aye, gun bay aye, role bay aye, AGSE aye, lots of Sqn work but never a dump. Away back and reread your "Insults for Dummies - extra Double Verbose Edition"
Time to leave you to fester.

Night.
Had enough to sleep then?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
@Krautman does have a point.
An early 80s Pentagon Comic Book, aka Langley Fact Book, had a drawing of the so-called T-80, which bore no resemblance to the T-80 pic you folks produced, which more closely resembled an upgraded T-64/T-72 upgraded hybrid: see IDR 12/81 for the Soviet tank evolution diagram.

With a gas turbine engine and a wire-guided AT missile fired down the main armament?

@Krautman does have a point.
An early 80s Pentagon Comic Book, aka Langley Fact Book, had a drawing of the so-called T-80, which bore no resemblance to the T-80 pic you folks produced, which more closely resembled an upgraded T-64/T-72 upgraded hybrid: see IDR 12/81 for the Soviet tank evolution diagram.

But you are forgetting BL was a Brick Smith......

With a gas turbine engine and a wire-guided AT missile fired down the main armament?
I think you are referring there to the Comics Book description, aren’t you?
At the same time, the M1’s Avco gas-turbine was coming in for severe stick.
My own, published, assessment was get it out of the hands of the testers and into field use and then let’s see. (That’s not a dig, by the way, it’s what I wrote in my IDR 12/81 Autocar-type hands-on assessment of the M1: subsequently quoted in the NYT!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think you are referring there to the Comics Book description, aren’t you?
At the same time, the M1’s Avco gas-turbine was coming in for severe stick.
My own, published, assessment was get it out of the hands of the testers and into field use and then let’s see. (That’s not a dig, by the way, it’s what I wrote in my IDR 12/81 Autocar-type hands-on assessment of the M1: subsequently quoted in the NYT!

I'm referring to the one I got inside. It was dark, after 1am, so I don't know which version it was.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Interesting. So Langley hadn’t got it that far wrong several years before.

The plot started in about 1983 with pictures of the words and numbers on the plywood crates as they came into the DDR on trains from the USSR. As I recall the first naked photos were in Jan 1985 at Grossammersleben. My much more intimate recce was in 1986 just east of Magdeburg on a military train with armed guards.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Kindly wash your mouth out. My B-i-L was a Sapper!
No. We were on the same Tp Ldr’s course. Scots DG. Currently in Berlin.
I could be mistaken, maybe you just knew of him, not worked with.

Dunks was my neighbour. We are still in touch.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
An excellent bloke.
I’ve met him only a few times since Bovvy & Lulworth - force of circumstance - but he’s one of those who, if we met up tomorrow, it would be as if the intervening years hadn’t happened.

That's the great thing about the Army. 3 or 4 decades simply don't matter. The current bloke here has a Christian name starting with Con********, came from Hereford. Probably 10 years younger than us.

It doesn’t worry me either - we’re no longer part of the EU. ;)

However, it’s always useful to know the intellectual pressures that caused a bunch of people to come together and form a political movement. It forms an emotional core that drives the organisation on.

Personally, as a catholic, I suspect the intellectual roots of the EU lies in the catholic church’s [historical] desire to recreate the Western Roman Empire.

A powerful and self-serving senator class with a God-given right to grow rich off the backs of the plebs...
But surely then, you must wake up in the middle of the night, trembling with fear, expecting that tapping noise is the first wave of EU stormtroopers arriving to execute you? If only you had voted remain!

Don't worry it will never happen but only because your prayers are being answered eh.

You do realise, don't you, that the UK leaving equals 19 other states in the EU payments??

No, I don't think you do because you're an idiot.
And that happens to work both ways. Although losing trade to 19 countries is only part of the problem... 27 countries are involved. You must be hoping for a deal from Alice in wonderland, which will still be bad btw.

Latest Threads