Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

philc

LE
UK Flagship Fisheries Bill becomes law.

Now this is going to make some EU Fishermen wince. More fish for UK Boats and more importantly protection off stock and fishing grounds.

So you agree that this unarmed trading bloc...the largest single market on Earth is high on your scale of paranoia? Getting out immediately regardless of consequences will make a massive difference I'm sure. And that the power of a veto matters not a jot. Do a few security guards at Harrods spark such predictions of a Fourth Reich? Wow!
Wrong, you can't just fantasise about something and then assume that I agree.
This is not paranoia, it is obvious to everyone that the undemocratic and above all not constitutional elements within the EU are increasing. Be it in the financing, the communitisation of debts or the introduction of a police force which must be regarded as the direct praetorian guard of the Commission.
I know you are not so critical of this and even have a certain affinity for totalitarianism, but I come from a country where you could see what happens when the normal dams of civilisation such as the rule of law and democracy burst.
So I am much more sceptical than you are, simply because you obviously can't grasp how a state or a state structure goes down the loo. It is when rules and rights are suspended and those in power are no longer accountable to the citizens, or can't even be held accountable.

Already up to speed for the brexit led einsatzgruppen? Top man!
As far as I know Einsatzgruppen would be your thing. To be more precisce, I wouldn't waste a good bullet on you and as far as I see it you everyday get metaphorically full barrages frim the divisonal artillery.

Unless national identity is wiped out and Europe is reborn with a united language and culture then I don't see how it can work. People need their provincial cultures because it forms part of their psychological identity and many are quite prepared to die first than see it perish.
Nail on head, well as far as the EU are concerned. That is their long term goal. I believe they started down this path, in modern times, in the 1920's. I'm not saying they'll succeed, however that is the intention, hence their intransigence to change course. Remember, it's not what us plebs want, we're too thick to know any better, our "betters" know what's best for all of us.

Nail on head, well as far as the EU are concerned. That is their long term goal. I believe they started down this path, in modern times, in the 1920's. I'm not saying they'll succeed, however that is the intention, hence their intransigence to change course. Remember, it's not what us plebs want, we're too thick to know any better, our "betters" & Higgs Bosun know what's best for all of us vermin
Fixed

That's the EU you are thinking about

RCEP - The biggest in the World has already been ratified and signed off.

Are you sure?

The RCEP trade deal has to be ratified before it comes into effect, a process that can potentially take months to start and years to complete. The 510-page and twenty-chapter agreement was made public only recently on November 15, after it was signed at the end of a four-day ASEAN summit in Hanoi.

Parliamentary and representative democracy is a new and novel form of governance for the serfs of Europa. Many people can remember the rule of tyrants, dictators and kings.

Democracy, parliament of the people, has roots only a generation or so in much of Europe. The EU and it’s rule by diktat is simply a return to european normal jogging

Parliamentary and representative democracy is a new and novel form of governance for the serfs of Europa. Many people can remember the rule of tyrants, dictators and kings.

Democracy, parliament of the people, has roots only a generation or so in much of Europe. The EU and it’s rule by diktat is simply a return to european normal jogging
Eastern Europe being a part of and run by the Soviet Union is actually not all that long ago.

Nail on head, well as far as the EU are concerned. That is their long term goal. I believe they started down this path, in modern times, in the 1920's. I'm not saying they'll succeed, however that is the intention, hence their intransigence to change course. Remember, it's not what us plebs want, we're too thick to know any better, our "betters" know what's best for all of us.

They've had two tries at a European union, you'd think for a third attempt they'd kept Germany as far away as possible from the action this time

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They've had two tries at a European union, you'd think for a third attempt they'd kept Germany as far away as possible from the action this time
Is there an increase in the number of gliding pilot training schools and are new autobahns being built? :)

Are you sure?

The RCEP trade deal has to be ratified before it comes into effect, a process that can potentially take months to start and years to complete. The 510-page and twenty-chapter agreement was made public only recently on November 15, after it was signed at the end of a four-day ASEAN summit in Hanoi.
Using Republic world as a source, really...

SARG Global Digital Private Ltd grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this site but not for commercial purposes. We permit the use of materials on this website subject to due credit is given to SARG Global Digital Private Ltd . The use shall also be subject to non-commercial use and limited to personal or academic dissemination. (including on social media and use on all kinds of media). Copyright should be acknowledged. Such use should not infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights of any person. When using material on this website, proper attribution to authors and/or copyright holders must be given. User is granted a limited, revocable and non exclusive right to create hyperlinks to the home page or any other page of Website so long as any of these links do not portray SARG Global Digital Private Ltd or their podcast or products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive manner. You may not use Website logos or proprietary graphics or trademarks as part of the link without express permission.

How is the idea of EU nationalism meant to work when there will never be a united language?

Furthermore, what is the EU meant to do with the crackpot countries from former Yugoslavia who refer to black people as monkeys and would happily massacre each other at a moment's notice due to pretty ethnic differences, even though they speak similar languages and have been living in the same area for hundreds of years?

Unless national identity is wiped out and Europe is reborn with a united language and culture then I don't see how it can work. People need their provincial cultures because it forms part of their psychological identity and many are quite prepared to die first than see it perish.

Europe is far too fractured to work, even the attitude towards work ethic and corruption is vastly different between North, South, East and West.

The EU needs a common enemy they can all unite against. It's basic group dynamics; I'm sure I learnt about this stuff on my education for promotion course.

How about Russia? It's got an economy about the size of Spain (I think), but Putin's in charge, so it will do.

The EU needs a common enemy they can all unite against. It's basic group dynamics; I'm sure I learnt about this stuff on my education for promotion course.

How about Russia? It's got an economy about the size of Spain (I think), but Putin's in charge, so it will do.

Well, it's no longer us, as the EU's No.1 awkward squad. I had a fascinating conversation recently with the Danish Lt Col and Dutch Col that I was working for about this. In short, the Dane thought that it would be the Dutch and the Dutchman thought that it would be the Dutch too.

Well, it's no longer us, as the EU's No.1 awkward squad. I had a fascinating conversation recently with the Danish Lt Col and Dutch Col that I was working for about this. In short, the Dane thought that it would be the Dutch and the Dutchman thought that it would be the Dutch too.

And it will all be about money, tight bstards the Dutch with dosh.

So I am much more sceptical than you are, simply because you obviously can't grasp how a state or a state structure goes down the loo. It is when rules and rights are suspended and those in power are no longer accountable to the citizens, or can't even be held accountable.
This is the current situation in British governments for the next 4 years. Escaping from laws, standards and dismantling human rights were some of the reasons for brexit.

EU in the 1920s?

Latest Threads