Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh dear, Wiki, Blair and The Sun all in one day. If only you'd read the link again. He's not currently anything to do with Brexit. I've added a quote from your own link just to be sure.
"Timson-Hunt was a senior lawyer at the Department for International Trade until August last year. "

Last edited:

Is the EU a superpower?​

As China and the US battle for global supremacy, the EU seems to remain in the shadows. But what if the EU had been shaping the world economy all along without anybody noticing? Could its soft power be strong enough to shape regulations all over the world? What impact does such influence have over its own economy? This week, Giuseppe Porcaro and Guntram Wolff are joined live by Ashoka Mody, Professor in International Economic Policy at the Princeton University, and Anu Bradford, author of the book "The Brussels Effect: How the European Union rules the world".
What are you talking about, man, that sounds like drug-induced nonsense? Is the EU some Bondesque super-villain or the owner of the one ring?

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them;
In the Land of EUrope where the CAP lies.

That is proper bull excrement, look at the good-for-nothings, drinkers and corrupt people who ran the EU. Look at Chateau de Juncker, or Flinten-Uschi, they can't tell their head from their arrse and surely they can't shape the world economy.
If you were still in the Army you would be by now on charges for being royally smashed.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
What are you talking about, man, that sounds like drug-induced nonsense? Is the EU some Bondesque super-villain or the owner of the one ring?

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them;
In the Land of EUrope where the CAP lies.

That is proper bull excrement, look at the good-for-nothings, drinkers and corrupt people who ran the EU. Look at Chateau de Juncker, or Flinten-Uschi, they can't tell their head from their arrse and surely they can't shape the world economy.
If you were still in the Army you would be by now on charges for being royally smashed.

You agree it is not a dictatorial, federal superpower with an army, then?

You agree it is not a dictatorial, federal superpower with an army, then?
Never said that, did I? They want to be a superstate and they do everything to get their totalitarian, undemocratic ways.
They are starting to break their own rules by the dozen if the citizens of member states refuse to democratically approve the so-called EU constitution, they simply change it into a treaty, well done chaps, really well done. Last but not least the Commission is building its own paramilitary private police force in the form of EUROGENDFOR.

But I am sure that it can be reformed from the inside, wait and see, time will tell.

Never said that, did I? They want to be a superstate and they do everything to get their totalitarian, undemocratic ways.
They are starting to break their own rules by the dozen if the citizens of member states refuse to democratically approve the so-called EU constitution, they simply change it into a treaty, well done chaps, really well done. Last but not least the Commission is building its own paramilitary private police force in the form of EUROGENDFOR.

But I am sure that it can be reformed from the inside, wait and see, time will tell.

It's already got its own private Border Guard and Coastguard. FRONTEX now has directly employed frontline officers.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Indeed. Das mag wohl sein.

Latest Threads