What now for the EU ?

This guy is brilliant :D :D

The British have not understood, or they do not want to understand, that Brexit has consequences for them,” EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier said in a punchy reaction to recent public statements by his British counterpart David Frost.

Speaking to German radio Deutschlandfunk Friday morning, Barnier demanded “more realism in London in the near future if they want an orderly agreement to withdraw from the single market and the customs union.”

You should listen to your Budget Commissioner before opening you trap.

The European Commission wants higher guarantees for the next long-term EU budget to back Commission borrowing for economic recovery and as a safeguard against a “hard Brexit”, EU Budget Commissioner Johannes Hahn said on Thursday.

EU budget version 11 presented on Wednesday, a day later further changes need to happen in case of a hard Brexit.

And there is no guarantees that version 11 will get passed

Instead of trying to be a comedian, now might be a good time to attempt to get your own house in order.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone told Barnier he's not the one calling the shots here?

Do it gently or the shock to his little system will cause additional knots in his frilly panties.

Do it gently or the shock to his little system will cause additional knots in his frilly panties.
He knows the EU are fooked. Still he has too keep telling his masters what they want to hear - this situation reminds me of the story by Hans Christian Anderson - The Emperor's new clothes. Where people are told (in the EU) a lot of rubbish and then they start believing it, utterly betraying their own common sense in to the bargain.

The UK holds all the cards now - we don't care if we leave the EU without a deal - no 39 Billion will be owed and we will do what we want. If the EU want to make life hard for us - we can do the same thing with them. The world is a big place to trade with, emerging economies and USA/Canada/Australia/common wealth countries etc - can all be traded with. If the EU want to put tarrifs on stuff - fine, we'll pull tarrifs on their stuff.

Apart from Trade - the EU have really got zero cards to play, and WTO rules are already there so it's not like we will be starting from scratch. We traded with the world prior to joining the EU and survived and did fine, there's no reason to think we can't do the same again.

We're leaving a sinking ship, a ship with massive debts and unaccountable dictators that voters can't get rid of - thank god for democracy and the voting system. Let's take back control - then drain the swamp.

Last edited:
He knows the EU are fooked. Still he has too keep telling his masters what they want to hear - this situation reminds me of the story by Hans Christian Anderson - The Emeror's new clothes. Where people are told (in the EU) a lot of rubbish and then they start believing it, utterly betraying their own common sense in to the bargain.

The UK holds all the cards now - we don't care if we leave the EU without a deal - no 39 Billion will be owed and we will do what we want. If the EU want to make life hard for us - we can do the same thing with them. The world is a big place to trade with, emerging economies and USA/Canada/Australia/common wealth countries etc - can all be traded with. If the EU want to put tarrifs on stuff - fine, we'll pull tarrifs on their stuff.

Apart from Trade - the EU have really got zero cards to play, and WTO rules are already their so it's not like we will be starting from scratch. We traded with the world prior to joining the EU and survived and did fine, there's no reason to think we can't do the same again.

We're leaving a sinking ship, a ship with massive debts and unaccountable dictators that voters can't get rid of - thank god for democracy and the voting system. Let's take back control - then drain the swamp.
Meanwhile, under cover of all the other kerfuffles, I’ll bet Lyn Truss and gang have been able to get on with other FTAs undisturbed.

IIRC there was a popular German car manufacturer that had a wizard wheeze to get around regulations on diesel for their ‘people’s cars’. Perhaps something similar would work for oriental branded cars.
It's a bloody good little engine too.

philc

LE
Hasn't she turned all butch and Lezzer with chunks of scrap embedded in her face or was that the next iteration?

Papa, out.
If you asking if she munches the carpet of her English pen pal then yes, even more reason to despise the French for suggesting English roses munch carpet.

Hasn't she turned all butch and Lezzer with chunks of scrap embedded in her face or was that the next iteration?

Papa, out.
How dare you. Nicol has decided not to be part of such gender and sexual definitions.

Excuse me? Doncha know that the EU is sovereign and the UK is just a bit player?

King Barnier of EUland said:
I would remind you that the United Kingdom is leaving the internal market and the customs union … it’s not us leaving the United Kingdom,” he said. “A third country, the United Kingdom, will not dictate the conditions of access to our market for British goods, services, data or for workers and businesses
before going on to remind us that...

King Barnier of EUland said:
… We remain sovereign. This is my mandate.”
We must know our place and bend the nation’s knee to the sovereignty of our EU masters.

Sorry boys, much as I would like to see Renault being made in the UK if only to talk about it in the bistro, I don't think it is a goer.
It would be suicide for Macron, at the moment he is coping politically but after all this old kerfuffle is over he is going to be facing business as usual from the unions and others.
Health unions are already playing the emotional card as to their pay and conditions in the future.
Plus he is offering a €5 billion "loan" to bring Renault jobs back to France from abroad.
Can't see it happening myself but it definitely brought some attention to their plight and any future jobs after all this.

Faltering Renault to cut 15,000 jobs worldwide, including 4,600 in France

Oh, and Nicole must now be in her late 40's but still looks fit to me.

I remember being told that BMW and Mercedes-Benz dodged a bullet on that. It just happened that on the day, the random car selected was a VW, but the other two quickly reversocycled and didn't physically get caught hanging out the back of the proverbial dog
such a close run thing that Mercedes racked thousands of brand new Sprinters in fields because they were afraid to release them for sale. Allegedly.....

Latest Threads