Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Truxx

LE
Just as a matter of interest how are the EUs nascent deals going?

ETA GB currently on 53 according to that article. When last I looked the EU was on 39 and one of them is us for a few weeks more.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not at all. EU regulations will continue to apply to UK-Canada trade for several more years.
Where does it say that? It does say we will be operating under the same terms but if you can highlight how the EU will be able to impose regulations on this agreement I would be grateful.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Where does it say that? It does say we will be operating under the same terms but if you can highlight how the EU will be able to impose regulations on this agreement I would be grateful.

The regulations already exist in CETA.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The regulations already exist in CETA.
You are not going to do so as you can't. Just admit it. To work under similar terms is not to work under EU regulation. You are starting to sound desperate.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I reckon maintaining the status quo is good news. Still worthy of a laugh, though, after 4 years of fantasy.

What do you think?
You are starting to change your tune - but don't worry, that is a good thing.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
You are not going to do so as you can't. Just admit it. To work under similar terms is not to work under EU regulation. You are starting to sound desperate.

Not at all. UK trade with Canada will be on CETA terms with the EU for the foreseeable.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It means the status quo. EU rules.
No, rules agreed between the EU and Canada and not just EU rules. There is a huge difference to being EU rules alone and indeed not even the regulations that you initially claimed.

Wait till all those other eu trade-deal partners realise most of their is trade is mainly with the UK.

Latest Threads