What now for the EU ?

Classic case of:

'' No joy at the front door, try the back door ''

I f***ing hope that another strongly worded letter is currently winging its way back to the EU, along the lines of.

'' I am the UK's negotiator, not any of those listed in your letter.

In future, any and all correspondence comes direct to me ''
Or how about

"This demonstrates extreme bad faith by the EU negotiators and consequently we are breaking off all negotiations and ending the transition period with immediate effect."

Cannot remember if t=it was this thread ( or another thread ) about a hoo-haa over Nissan's plant in Spain closing and possibly moving to Sunderland.

Anyway

Japan’s Nissan Motor Co (7201.T) has decided to close its factory in Barcelona, resulting in the loss of about 3,000 jobs as part of a worldwide restructuring plan, the Spanish government said on Thursday.

It's definitely closing - although the article does not say if production will be moved to Sunderland.

Cannot remember if t=it was this thread ( or another thread ) about a hoo-haa over Nissan's plant in Spain closing and possibly moving to Sunderland.

Anyway

It's definitely closing - although the article does not say if production will be moved to Sunderland.
More bad news for Spain, if this happened in Germany the impact could be softened to an extent Between he loss of tourism revenue and this, the government are facing a huge challenge

Clearly Nissan have simply made a mistake... somebody (the tart in the typing pool probably) mistyped ‘Sunderland’ and it came out as ‘Barcelona’. They look and sound very similar after all so an easy mistake to make and as we know, Brexit guaranteed the closure of every car factory in the UK, not Spain.

Watch out for a statement by Nissan correcting the error.

More bad news for Spain, if this happened in Germany the impact could be softened to an extent Between he loss of tourism revenue and this, the government are facing a huge challenge
No access to our fish either.

I'm sure there's going to be some gritted teeth (other body parts are available) applications to the Spanish Legion...

Glad we won't be contributing to this. The collapse will be sooner rather than later I feel...

‘Defining moment’ as EU executive pushes for €500bn in grants
Estonia have already said no.

Estonian Finance Minister Martin Helme, who represents a far-right party in the governing coalition of the eurozone country, said he cannot agree with the EU Commission’s economic rescue plan unveiled earlier on Wednesday.

As it requires a unanimous vote.........................

Estonia have already said no.

As it requires a unanimous vote.........................
No doubt they will be asked again until the correct answer is given.

Anyway

BUT BREXIT!!!!!

All the Japanese companies will move production to EUtopia!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
BUT BREXIT!!!!!

All the Japanese companies will move production to EUtopia!
I mentioned Sunderland here a few days ago. One of the news channels this morning was upbeat from Sunderland while showing burning tyres in Barcelona.

In other news. I thought Honda had announced the closure of Swindon last year, but I understand it's about to reopen after furlough.

Boo hoo, EU.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Clearly Nissan have simply made a mistake... somebody (the tart in the typing pool probably) mistyped ‘Sunderland’ and it came out as ‘Barcelona’. They look and sound very similar after all so an easy mistake to make and as we know, Brexit guaranteed the closure of every car factory in the UK, not Spain.

Watch out for a statement by Nissan correcting the error.
The mistake was the weak-kneed namby-pamby shandy drinking southerners confusing Sunderland with the landfill up the road.

Any fule no Nuke arrrseholona is the Barcelona of the north.

I mentioned Sunderland here a few days ago. One of the news channels this morning was upbeat from Sunderland while showing burning tyres in Barcelona.

In other news. I thought Honda had announced the closure of Swindon last year, but I understand it's about to reopen after furlough.

Boo hoo, EU.
This one :) :)

TELEMMGLPICT000231958613_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpg

Wonder what the French will do when they learn that Renaults could be made in the UK and then shipped to the EU.

Lollers.
It will be an interesting proposition considering that Nissan is the dominant partner in the Nissan - Renault partnership.

Macron will not be happy that the Barcelona plant ( cos it's in the EU ) is closing and Sunderland has been confirmed as being kept open ( Non EU )

Nissan's Sunderland factory safe but plant in Barcelona will close

Wonder what the French will do when they learn that Renaults could be made in the UK and then shipped to the EU.

Lollers.
If we're wise, we'll use that to advantage. Make it easy and a good idea for them to make 'em here. Symbolic of the great relationship we have with them, of course , that we would ease any concerns they have.

Latest Threads