Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Really ? With the smallest quota under the CFP ?

Caveat Emptor

The 50 fisherman can build a big wooden canoe and fish away merrily with whatever fishing gear was in use in 1660 or whatever the date was.

C'mon O'Skidders, up your game.
I fear his shot locker is almost bare ( to keep the nautical theme going)
I can understand his flailing however as Eire’s fisherman’s fraternity with the rest of europes fishermen is going to be sorely tested when they come to rape ( sorry I mean harvest their rightful quota), from the south of Ireland’s fishing grounds.

Not the only troll and, for the life of me, I cannot understand why people bother responding to them, HB, BL, etc. etc. Complete and utter waste of time.
But you can't let them spread their nonsense just like that, unfortunately there are people out there who believe such things.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Despite all the hysteria in the media, the expected surge of deaths continues to fail to materialise - deaths reported in England below..

1604153820744.png

With this added gem:
This file also contains a breakdown by region for those where no positive result was received, but COVID-19 was mentioned on their death certificate.

Which means Covid 19 may not have been the primary means of death - further reducing the numbers. Admittedly only a small number - just under 1,600 to date...

Wordsmith

Why are you posting this in what now for the EU?

Despite all the hysteria in the media, the expected surge of deaths continues to fail to materialise - deaths reported in England below..

View attachment 516585

With this added gem:

Which means Covid 19 may not have been the primary means of death - further reducing the numbers. Admittedly only a small number - just under 1,600 to date...

But you can't let them spread their nonsense just like that, unfortunately there are people out there who believe such things.
The vast majority of people on this site recognise them as the gibbering lalloons they are. Deny them the oxygen of a reaction that they crave and they'll get fed up.

You nearly would have caught me there. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I'm not very fast on the uptake.
The diplomatic impact when a country enforces its laws and rules within its EEZ? What should they be like but negligible? Or would you like to see citizens of EU members not being prosecuted for "diplomatic impact" when they commit crimes in the UK?
Also, the UK does not leave Europe, which is geologically and factually impossible, last time I looked the land mass was still hanging on the island. Objectively it is not possible because there are 47 European states, 27 of them in the EU.

Why I should travel to Biarritz and eat fish caught in the UK's EEZ is not quite clear to me either. At the moment I have no tracked vehicle with which I could do this.
I'm not certain how the fish supply chain actually works but a quick search spotted 44 French distributors of frozen fish. It's conceivable that some end up on the west coast of France or even somewhere in Britain. It's just not important enough to call out any battleships. Diplomacy if conducted properly should resolve such matters.

The vast majority of people on this site recognise them as the gibbering lalloons they are. Deny them the oxygen of a reaction that they crave and they'll get fed up.
Unfortunately they are exactly the same as those in the MSM who depend on the gullibility of people, and we have no real recourse to direct interaction such as a feed into BBC news to run a caption underneath The Broadcaster such as,
“Consumers are warned that what you are being told may not be anything other Than personal bias”

Or more likely just create new sockies

Problem is if you simply put opposing views on ignore then you just end up with an Echo Chamber and that's not conducive to good debate and all side perhaps learning something - issue is when it's just a waste of bandwidth, trolling and doesn't bring anything to the argument.

That's when the ignore button gets pressed.

I doubt it.

I'm not certain how the fish supply chain actually works but a quick search spotted 44 French distributors of frozen fish. It's conceivable that some end up on the west coast of France or even somewhere in Britain. It's just not important enough to call out any battleships. Diplomacy if conducted properly should resolve such matters.

Ein Reich, ein Volk, ein Fuhrer is your idea of diplomacy Higgsy.

Last edited:
I disagree. When people with knowledge of the relevant subject refute @Higgs_bosun's erm... expostulations, I learn a lot, and wonder why leaving the EU hasn't happened sooner.

I wonder if he's really a committed leaver, deliberately exposing the truth by pretending to be misguided.
No, I'm against brexit...honest. :) The only downside is that here 'group think' is the overwhelming rule. Like walking into a Manchester pub wearing a Liverpool shirt just after their team had been thrashed at home. Declaring that Liverpool is a better team. I'm not a troll nor a spoof leaver.

There are countless genuine reasons why brexit is wrong. It becomes more difficult to discuss these things when so many of the football hooligans are drunk, abusive and even threatening. The mods are poodles and biased too...

The future looks bad but I seriously hope that I'm wrong. Trying to smother free speech will not change anything.

".............. It's just not important enough to call out any battleships."

Without replying to the individual who posted this. it never ceases to amaze me that people fail to understand the difference beween "warships" (basically, what navies have) and "battleships", a particular type of warship which really only exist as museum items or memorials today. (although, to be fair, the US Navy used them in the First Gulf War)

The term "battleship" derives from "line-of battle ship" , a vessel which served in the line of battle. HMS Victory is still in commission, but will not be involved in fishery protection enforcement.

I was mulling over how to word something similar this morning. Having read Higgs bosun's words I have come to the conclusion he is simply a troll. He rarely responds to direct questions, and just spouts cliches and drivel.

Time to work out how to put someone on ignore. Consider yourself honoured HB - my first ignored douchebag.
Be careful with that course of action though. Someone will be along in a minute and proceed to label you as 'weak'!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Your arrant nonsense bears no resemblance to 'free speech'... except in liberty from any thought process known to man.
He has a point about the plants though... If plant life is about to become extinct in the UK, how on earth are we going to satisfy our post apocalypse demand for house filling twigs?

Latest Threads