Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Consider the diplomatic impact of acting in such a way. We will not survive without Europe. If a fish is caught by a French vessel that's fine... It may end up on a plate in front of you during your holiday in Biarritz or wrapped in the front page of the Morning Star in Gateshead. Think one world, one planet.
We are not leaving Europe

Do bananas have seeds? I thought they were sterile and propagated from cuttings. Which why they are so prone to disease.
There are many different varieties of banana. The type popular for the Western world is the Cavendish and is a clone. Here in Australia we grow the lady finger type which are also clones but we also have seeded varieties that we tend to use more for cooking or making paste with.

Yes, that one :) :)

I wonder how having stricter measures in pest control would actually play out at the ECJ :):)

I would goad the EU into taking legal action just for sh!ts & g!ggles.
It boils down to this. The restrictions are in fact in force, but Brussels hasn’t the means to enforce it’s own rules. It therefore expects the MS to ignore their own rules and this is called “Light touch” . Don’t look Ethel.....to late.

That you could not find this is very telling.

Horticulture Week survey finds post-Brexit alarm with 93% expecting plant price rises​

A survey of garden centre retailers and ornamental growers has found concern over import costs and requirements post transition period on 1 January 2021.

by Matthew Appleby
Have you got a garden, weeds come free. No charge.

HCL

Old-Salt
It boils down to this. The restrictions are in fact in force, but Brussels hasn’t the means to enforce it’s own rules. It therefore expects the MS to ignore their own rules and this is called “Light touch” . Don’t look Ethel.....to late.

Have a like for Ethel. Haven't heard that in donkeys and donkeys. Bring back Stewpot!

Indeed

Time for a bit of humour

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
So the French think they have some god-given right to OUR waters, when they have extensive waters of their own?. Go fish in those waters. Oh, you've over-fished them to destruction?. Whose fault is that?.
We did most of the overfishing. Have a look at how the Icelanders managed to return cod to sustainable numbers after our disagreement.

And what happens to the British licences we sold allowing foreign owned boats to fish our waters using those licences.

Or the Belgian fisherfolk given freedom to fish in perpetuity as well as in our waters?

We did most of the overfishing. Have a look at how the Icelanders managed to return cod to sustainable numbers after our disagreement.

And what happens to the British licences we sold allowing foreign owned boats to fish our waters using those licences.

Or the Belgian fisherfolk given freedom to fish in perpetuity as well as in our waters?

Good thing it's going to change then.

The smallest quota is responsible for overfishing?

Extraordinary.

Truxx

LE

Oh blimey.

There we were just thinking about a more determined effort to keep the thread on track and all of a sudden yet more whatiffery.
@Higgs_bosun do u even live in the U.K. ? You seem to post at odd times, 3am/7am/8pm/3am/8am/11am/12 just in the last day or so????
I seem to recall Canada coming up in a previous exchange many moons ago. Which makes getting to pub car parks late at night for fisticuffs a bit interesting.

Really ? With the smallest quota under the CFP ?

Caveat Emptor

The 50 fisherman can build a big wooden canoe and fish away merrily with whatever fishing gear was in use in 1660 or whatever the date was.

C'mon O'Skidders, up your game.

Oh blimey.

There we were just thinking about a more determined effort to keep the thread on track and all of a sudden yet more whatiffery.

I seem to recall Canada coming up in a previous exchange many moons ago. Which makes getting to pub car parks late at night for fisticuffs a bit interesting.

Being a spineless old piss smelling pensioner makes getting on the cobbles for a square go even more unlikely.

Not the only troll and, for the life of me, I cannot understand why people bother responding to them, HB, BL, etc. etc. Complete and utter waste of time.

I disagree. When people with knowledge of the relevant subject refute @Higgs_bosun's erm... expostulations, I learn a lot, and wonder why leaving the EU hasn't happened sooner.

I wonder if he's really a committed leaver, deliberately exposing the truth by pretending to be misguided.

Consider the diplomatic impact of acting in such a way. We will not survive without Europe. If a fish is caught by a French vessel that's fine... It may end up on a plate in front of you during your holiday in Biarritz or wrapped in the front page of the Morning Star in Gateshead. Think one world, one planet.
You nearly would have caught me there. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I'm not very fast on the uptake.
The diplomatic impact when a country enforces its laws and rules within its EEZ? What should they be like but negligible? Or would you like to see citizens of EU members not being prosecuted for "diplomatic impact" when they commit crimes in the UK?
Also, the UK does not leave Europe, which is geologically and factually impossible, last time I looked the land mass was still hanging on the island. Objectively it is not possible because there are 47 European states, 27 of them in the EU.

Why I should travel to Biarritz and eat fish caught in the UK's EEZ is not quite clear to me either. At the moment I have no tracked vehicle with which I could do this.