Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

I don't think the migrants were imported by Germany to fcuk Gretchen.

The main concern was manpower for the industry since the Germans tend to prefer to have nice cars and no children rather than the other way around.

In older European societies, there is also the selfish reaction of the over 50s who prefer to close their eyes on the arrival of migrants because "someone will have to pay for my retirement". This is how the import of 0,5 million North Africans in less than a decade was sold to the Belgians for example.

Are you deliberately ignoring the record number of youth unemployment in the EU at the same time as Mutti's good ideas club ?

Do you think that EU countries still need unlimited migration when automation is going to replace more skilled workers in the future?

Do you think the EU needs to import taxi drivers, cleaners and fast food workers?

You are absolutely right. There are 27 governments involved, each with bent politicians and greedy companies. That they have been discovered is not an indictment against the EU. There is no evidence that in the future Britain will become a holy order of some kind because of brexit. More likely to be the hub of corruption and crime for the world.
Britain will more likely become the hub of corruption and crime because of the amount of criminals we are importing.

Are you deliberately ignoring the record number of youth unemployment in the EU at the same time as Mutti's good ideas club ?

Do you think that EU countries still need unlimited migration when automation is going to replace more skilled workers in the future?

Do you think the EU needs to import taxi drivers, cleaners and fast food workers?

I can answer NO with confidence to all your question and tell you I fully agree with you.

The problem here is demographics. German demographics are alarming and the German Gvt knows that. By current calculation, Germany will lose at least 10 million in the coming 80 years and there is a fear that German economy will not find enough workers to fund the pensions of a fast aging population.

anglo

LE
And where s the major shift in German female behaviour which will lead them preferably towards poor, single, illiterate moslems rather than towards German boys ? There will be the odd Lefty who will try but after a few high profile case involving "cultural differences" it will be back to sexual assault as the normal way for migrants to meet German women.
Integration, will work out well then, the Germans are in for a lot sh*t

A lot of effort into "nothing to see here" from you. Again. Conveniently missing out every other link...

You're serious. Aren't you.

Having been confronted with that first example of non sequitur shite, why would I waste my time on further examples of your GoogleTwitter offerings?

I'll say it again: your Google offering was to a BBC report that came to the conclusion nothing happened.

HTH.

I can answer NO with confidence to all your question and tell you I fully agree with you.

The problem here is demographics. German demographics are alarming and the German Gvt knows that. By current calculation, Germany will lose at least 10 million in the coming 80 years and there is a fear that German economy will not find enough workers to fund the pensions of a fast aging population.

I don't need to look 80 years in to the future to know that unskilled migrants from the third will be unsuitable for work in various industries .
Do you think the German economy can be sustained by workers from within the EU?
Do you think the demographics fear mongering takes in to account automation?
Bear in mind that there are plans in place for the Balkans as a whole to become members of the EU.

That was also the rationale in the UK - the state pension scheme as becoming increasingly unaffordable to to an aging population, unrealistic pension increases to woe the 'grey vote' and a birth rate tha.t was too low. So the immigration floodgates were opened to provide a wave of new, young tax payers who would help pay the pensions of the retired.

I think there was also an attempt at gerrymandering by Labour. who saw low paid, unskilled economic migrants as more likely to vote Labour than Tory.

This was the classic example of politicians trying for short term gain and kicking the problem tin can down the road for someone else to solve in the next parliament.
  • It was trumpeted how these economic migrants were boosting the UK's workforce, but everyone studiously avoided mentioning the extra pressure it put in the heath service, schools, prisons, and so on.
  • It was said that economic migrants were contributing to the UK's tax base - while ignoring they had dependent's who were claiming benefits.
  • As many of these economic migrants were unskilled and willing to work for crap wages, they forced our home grown unskilled workers out of the job market.
  • UK companies became reliant on cheap labour rather than investing in automation - the long term way forward.
  • Many of these economic migrants never integrated into British society, but preferred to live in their own communities / ghettoes.
All things that eventually contributed to the Brexit vote in the UK - and to rising tensions in the EU.

And the second shoe has yet to drop. When all these economic migrants - who were allowed into the UK to help pay for the existing pensions for the retired hit retirement age themselves, they will want their pensions paid too - by which time the magic money tree will have shed its leaves.

Widespread economic migration has been/will be a disaster for the UK.

Wordsmith
A very good mate has split with his missus, She refuses to take any of her household bills on. He is living in a HMO and he pays 90 quid a week. It has 5 bedrooms and he said that at any time each of the four other rooms has five bulgarians in, he also suspect they bed hop.
10 quid a week so they can work for peanuts. A UK national will pay a lot more for accommodation, gas, electric, council tax etc so will stay on the dole

I don't need to look 80 years in to the future to know that unskilled migrants from the third will be unsuitable for work in various industries .
Do you think the German economy can be sustained by workers from within the EU?
Bear in mind that there are plans in place for the Balkans as a whole to become members of the EU.

The aging problem will hit many EU countries. The southern countries that exported their population throughout the XXth Century like Italy or Spain will lose up to half their population in the coming 80 years...so where would the EU workers come from ? Should some EU (or future EU) nations commit suicide and send their youth to Germany ?

Look at what happens when such a trend starts, like in Latvia...

The only solution is for countries that are importing migrants is to conduct natalist policies instead of draining their neighbours of their best and brightest

anglo

LE

not find enough workers to fund the pensions of a fast aging population.

Part of your quote post #11320
poor single, illiterate moslems
And these "poor single, illiterate moslems" are going "to fund the pensions of a fast aging population".
Good luck with that

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
10 quid a week so they can work for peanuts. A UK national will pay a lot more for accommodation, gas, electric, council tax etc so will stay on the dole

It was a problem even before mass immigration. I used to be the production manager of a factory in Essex. We wanted workers, and there was a scheme where you got a grant for taking on someone who'd been on the dole for over a year. I thought I'd give some unfortunate the chance to get back into work - using the grant to give them FLT training, etc.

They came for interview because they had to in order to keep their benefits, but there were no takers. We were paying a reasonable but not great wage. One guy, who was claiming every benefit there was actually said that he, after tax, would take home about £40 a week more than he was getting on benefits - and that he wasn't getting out of bed for another £1 an hour.

Wordsmith

The aging problem will hit many EU countries. The southern countries that exported their population throughout the XXth Century like Italy or Spain will lose up to half their population in the coming 80 years...so where would the EU workers come from ? Should some EU (or future EU) nations commit suicide and send their youth to Germany ?

The only solution is for countries that are importing migrants is to conduct natalist policies instead of draining their neighbours of their best and brightest
One more time

not find enough workers to fund the pensions of a fast aging population.

Part of your quote post #11320
poor single, illiterate moslems
And these "poor single, illiterate moslems" are going "to fund the pensions of a fast aging population".
Good luck with that

Have I supported that idea anywhere ?

No, it's just the way a number of politicians, including in the UK, have found to justify the influx of cheap labour to their voters. And unfortunately, it works in many countries. Do you want to work until 72 or retire before ? That is the question being asked to the native population of Europe.

I agree that many people don’t understand. For example, what you are describing is a technocracy, not a democracy.

The EU was not a democracy that represented the people; it represented the commissioners.

The general population could not petition MEPs in an attempt to initiate legislation, and MEPs only debated what the Commission wanted it to debate. Additionally, if MEPs threatened to change proposals in the ways the Commission disapproved of, the Commission could pull the proposal.

The European Parliament isn‘t a democratic forum. It’s a fig-leaf.

Now I appreciate that some people want to outsource power to technocrats. The problem is that experts can be just as fallible, biased, manipulated and stupid as the general population. They tend to have deep, not wide, knowledge which means they are no better than you or I at assessing the majority of subjects. For example, one of my nieces is a microbiologist but can be thick as a plank on many other subjects.

On that basis, it is better for the population to retain the power to peacefully influence and dismiss the decision makers.

That is incompatible with EU membership.
I disagree on every level. See how this wonderful democracy called Great Britain gets on without the EU.

One more time

This is another issue. you are getting into the debate of what is now called the "useless class", those with little or no training who will have no place in the coming century.

Automation and AI will not solve the pension issue. Who will pay for all those pensioners ?

This is how the import of 0,5 million North Africans in less than a decade was sold to the Belgians for example.

I didn't know that.

But when I see pictures of the EU parliamentary assembly, why is it they're all white. Just about everyone of them (since the Brexit party departed).

How come the UK is racist and our parliament is made up of lots of different ethnicities, yet the EU parliament is all white and they're not racist?

Weird if you ask me.

I've read the only black faces you'll see in EU HQ are the cleaners.

This is another issue. you are getting into the debate of what is now called the "useless class", those with little or no training who will have no place in the coming century.

Automation and AI will not solve the pension issue. Who will pay for all those pensioners ?

The "Useless class" question has always existed, as already highlighted, the uptake in employment by newly arrived migrants is very low. The question remains, why add to the useless class ?

As for paying taxes, the clue is in the title - tax payers. They are people who have the skills and, in the case of migrants, a willingness to embrace the values of their new home and do what they can to make the best of their lot . In the case of corporate tax payers, they too contribute based on individuals who are employable.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
One more time

Its going to happen - and soon. Typical example - driverless vehicles within 5 - 10 years. Then no taxi drivers, bus drivers, white van men, articulated lorry drivers and train drivers. That, at a rough guess, is a million jobs gone in the UK. Rise and repeat across Europe, and you can see a huge economic problem building

We need to pull up the drawbridge on 1st January 2021 and actively start hoofing every illegal immigrant back whence they came. And we need to stem the flow of immigrants coming across the channel by stating that as they haven't claimed asylum in the first safe country they got to, they're not entitled to apply for it in the UK. It's a brutal fact of life that economic migrants are 'useless mouths' in the job famine that's coming.

We at least are surrounded by sea - which poses barriers for illegal immigrants. The EU has porous borders and much better benefits that (say) North Africa. As automation drives the North African factories out of business by cutting out the labour cost of production, the EU is going to need to build a new iron curtain to keep waves of desperate refugees out.

I reckon we'll see Iron Curtain Mk 2 built inside a generation.

Wordsmith

I didn't know that.

But when I see pictures of the EU parliamentary assembly, why is it they're all white. Just about everyone of them (since the Brexit party departed).

How come the UK is racist and our parliament is made up of lots of different ethnicities, yet the EU parliament is all white and they're not racist?

Weird if you ask me.

I've read the only black faces you'll see in EU HQ are the cleaners.

I think there are about 15 non-white MEP, half of them from France.

My mate works with EU nationals. He said that he has never uttered the words.....
Nice bloke, from Latvian you know

I think there are about 15 non-white MEP, half of them from France.

Out of 705 MEPs. That's abysmal and in no way representative of the ethnicity of the EU. Of course, being representative would only matter if it were a democracy.

I also wonder why the left never railed at freedom of movement, a racist immigration policy which favours white majority countries.

Thankfully our new points based system is colour blind.

Well done the Brexiteers.

Latest Threads