Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The hatred is in your head.
The hatred is in the main, stemming from Remainers, Yasmin Abbadabado Brown being a prime example.

The USA is a single state right?

Brexit is not all about self harm, our so called "friends" in Europe will be casualties too. Nothing good will come from the delusional hatred that brexiteers feed upon. Paranoia about sovereignty, from the narrow minded flag wavers who have no idea what the word means, because in an ever shrinking globe it can never survive. Even when Britain plunges into isolation we will still be bound by countless worldwide laws, regulations and standards. Our reputation destroyed by rogues and vandals... Forget a Canada deal... North Korea is our future model.

You would know all about delusional hatred you anti-Semitic wretch.

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Seriously?

Chap, you need to seek professional help.
It's uncharitable and small minded of me, but really I hope he doesn't. The thought of @Higgs_bosun tearfully flailing around in a pile of tinfoil and his own faeces brings a smile to my face.

If that makes me a bad person, I can live with it.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Guilty as charged. I was told of it's intent, over 50 years ago. Dismissed it as a load of rubbish. Of course even back then they weren't up front with their intention. I'm sure I wasn't the only one fooled by them. If the EU had said what it intended from the start, I doubt it would've had the support to get off the ground.
It was there in the Treaty of Rome.

Just 'played down' by politicians who didn't want their voters to know.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It will be fine.
They are now reaching out to the public.
Christine Lagarde began a "listening tour" engaging civil society.

Lagarde turns to civil society in ECB transformation effort

Sounds good to me.

Hmm Madam Lagarde, She of Teflon coating, will she be taking a load of "brown envelopes" to ease things along in the traditional EU manner, she has form for it ..
snip "A French court has found International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde guilty of negligence but did not hand down any punishment.
As French finance minister in 2008, she approved an award of €404m ($429m; £340m) to businessman Bernard Tapie for the disputed sale of a firm."

Unlikely in my lifetime.

You're admitting that is their aim over time

Hmm.. perhaps he has one of these and leaving will have a similar effect as black stockings do to this chap ..

Humperdoo

Clanker

Brexit is not all about self harm, our so called "friends" in Europe will be casualties too. Nothing good will come from the delusional hatred that brexiteers feed upon. Paranoia about sovereignty, from the narrow minded flag wavers who have no idea what the word means, because in an ever shrinking globe it can never survive. Even when Britain plunges into isolation we will still be bound by countless worldwide laws, regulations and standards. Our reputation destroyed by rogues and vandals... Forget a Canada deal... North Korea is our future model.
How can you even type this with a straight face? Well, you have rapidly become my favourite poster on ARRSE. Fookin ell yer really are stoned.

North Korea is your future model.

Let's look at your opening and closing to that post, ignoring the suppositions that comes between.

Based on a programme, "You've Been Trumped," I have no time for the Donald. Irrelevant, nothing to do with me, or anyone else except those in the USA who voted for him. It may have escaped yours, and other bods notice although I doubt it, but that's how the democratic process works.

Let's have a look at a different scenario, after which I'd like to ask you a very simple question.

The date is the 24 June 2016, the results have been announced that we are remaining in the EU. A small majority, but nevertheless, a win for the remain supporters. Unfortunately, the leave side are unhappy with the result, and start campaigning to have the result overturned. Over four years later they finally succeed, and the remain side are incensed with this about turn.

Now the question I put to you Higgsy requires a yes or no answer, rather like the simple one we were asked back then.

WOULD YOU BE HAPPY FOR THE RESULT OF THE 2016 REFERENDUM TO BE OVERTURNED?

YES or NO is all that's required. Remember this is to overturn a REMAIN victory scenario. Please, don't go off at a tangent. We're all aware of your views on how stupid, misogynist, racist we are, we get that. YES or NO?

Of course you do know that should you answer YES, you will in fact be a supporter of the regime in North Korea. YES or NO?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Let's look at your opening and closing to that post, ignoring the suppositions that comes between.

Based on a programme, "You've Been Trumped," I have no time for the Donald. Irrelevant, nothing to do with me, or anyone else except those in the USA who voted for him. It may have escaped yours, and other bods notice although I doubt it, but that's how the democratic process works.

Let's have a look at a different scenario, after which I'd like to ask you a very simple question.

The date is the 24 June 2016, the results have been announced that we are remaining in the EU. A small majority, but nevertheless, a win for the remain supporters. Unfortunately, the leave side are unhappy with the result, and start campaigning to have the result overturned. Over four years later they finally succeed, and the remain side are incensed with this about turn.

Now the question I put to you Higgsy requires a yes or no answer, rather like the simple one we were asked back then.

WOULD YOU BE HAPPY FOR THE RESULT OF THE 2016 REFERENDUM TO BE OVERTURNED?

YES or NO is all that's required. Remember this is to overturn a REMAIN victory scenario. Please, don't go off at a tangent. We're all aware of your views on how stupid, misogynist, racist we are, we get that. YES or NO?

Of course you do know that should you answer YES, you will in fact be a supporter of the regime in North Korea. YES or NO?
Typical EU-speak. Make a simple question difficult by wrapping it in meaningless words! ;)

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
The EU is a solution for the problems of the 1940s and 1950s. In its current guise it is a disaster.
I always thought it was a 1980s solution for a 1950s attempt to solve the problems of the 19th century, using a political model that harked back to the prince-electors of the 13th century and with the ultimate aim of taking us back to the Roman hegemony of the 4th century.

But I‘m just a history lover with no expertise and (I suspect) a horrible habit of drawing comparisons that don’t really stack up to close scrutiny.