Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Please, don't take this the wrong way, or that too, and I hope I'm not protesting too much, but you're pulling my plonker/

‘How stupid is the European Commission?’ Angry backlash at ‘unbelievable’ EU Olympic table

SOCIAL media users have voiced their outrage at the EU Olympic table which amalgamates all member countries and cheats Great Britain of its extraordinary Rio success.​

By Laura Mowat
PUBLISHED: 10:00, Sat, Aug 20, 2016 | UPDATED: 21:54, Sat, Aug 20, 2016
The website EU Medal Tracker has a medal chart where all member states are counted under the title European Union.

This has incited anger as British athletes have outperformed all of the countries in the European Union and is second behind the United States, in the official, recognised, medal table.
Pathetically, the medal tracker claims the EU is in the lead with 88 Gold medals, 85 Silver and 89 Bronze and social media users have attacked Brussels in their droves.

‘How stupid is the European Commission?’ Angry backlash at ‘unbelievable’ EU Olympic table

SOCIAL media users have voiced their outrage at the EU Olympic table which amalgamates all member countries and cheats Great Britain of its extraordinary Rio success.​

By Laura Mowat
PUBLISHED: 10:00, Sat, Aug 20, 2016 | UPDATED: 21:54, Sat, Aug 20, 2016

Don't know how I missed that, dozy auld sod that I am. Would any Europhiles like to *justify, as opposed to make **excuses, for this table, when we'd already voted to leave?

* Is the operative word, as opposed to **

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You really couldn’t make it up. #blacksmokematters

Abbott, Ashworth & Lammy... difficult to decide which of the them is the thickest. Joint first with a shared braincell.

from the article.

But after receiving dozens of messages pointing out his error, he tweeted again: "Note to self: do not tweet from the Chamber with only one eye on what you're reading. Sorry folks, my mistake."

Indeed Dave. Why are you f*cking twaating from the Chamber whilst presumably engaged in other, more important business?

You get arrested for twaating and driving a car... what about twaating (inanely) and driving the country?

Also is his claim to have one eye on one task and, presumably, the other eye on another task not a microaggression towards those who are ocularly challenged? He needs to check is biocular privilege.

Literally rubbing the noses of the ocularly challenged in the fact they can't have 'one eye' on something else... sh*t. Is that a microaggression against rhinosally disadvantaged folk...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So you've just contradicted yourself - and with a trifling 25% margin of error.

Stay behind after school and write out 100 times "I must check my facts more carefully..."
It's Higgs_bosun, it should be, "I must invent my facts more carefully."

All I see is a rather stupid arrogant person trying to make sure he is kept in the public eye instead of attempting to do the job he is supposed to be doing. Or perhaps he doesn't bother because he gets the money anyway.
Phones should be banned from the 'shop floor'.

A check out operative would get the sack if they were sat there with 'one eye' on twatter, even if they were making erudite and considered twats, instead of rambling inanity.

I'll do the job of 'Black Rod (PEDs)'. Easel at the door to the chamber with a 12mm ply board in full view, a big hammer, and a big bag of 6in nails (MPs phone, for the driving through, purpose of).

I wouldn't even need paying. I'd do it for the satisfaction of ensuring the Chamber was focused on its core task, and the delight of watching folk (with my free eye) wince as the first hammer stroke impacted the head of the nail.

Oh, no, it doesn't.. It asserts it.
Well of course it does, after all one can always make an omelette with no eggs, just by whipping faster. But I get where you're coming from. If the EU is what the leaders want it to be one can always pretend that it actually does something. But the Key here lies with the the council of Europe, of which Britain will remain a member. We're still in there. That's a separate issue to the CM. If you fundamentally believe that Britain will have no representation I'd think again. Now that Macron has reportedly changed tack he could be finished. Now be a good whatever you are and stop reinforcing failure.

Is it better than, the same or worse than the deal we currently enjoy via the EU? It came into force on 1 Feb 2019.

Who gives a flying.

As ever, that ( cough cough ) analytical brain misses the point by a Country mile.

The point being, it is the 1st Trade Deal the UK has struck free of the EU, and struck in record time.

You also got papped on Options for Change, didn't you ?

Who gives a flying.

As ever, that ( cough cough ) analytical brain misses the point by a Country mile.

The point being, it is the 1st Trade Deal the UK has struck free of the EU, and struck in record time.

You also got papped on Options for Change, didn't you ?

'I left early because I had better things to do' is the phrase that he recently deployed, which rather begs the question why continue to hang around the institution?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads