Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

I've said all along he will agree a deal. It won't be Brexity enough for the zealots and that's the funny bit.

I'm as zealously Brexity as the next man and have always said so

I've also always said I don't expect Brexit to be exactly the Brexit I would like.
Compromise now would pain me greatly but it wouldn't be unexpected.

I would be extaordinarily happy with a hard exit with no compromise, but I don't expect to get it.

"Hundreds of space jobs will be created in Scotland following the approval of plans for Lockheed Martin to transfer its satellite launch operations to Shetland Space Centre by the UK government.

Shetland Space Centre anticipates that by 2024, the spaceport site could support a total of 605 jobs in Scotland including 140 locally and 210 across the wider Shetland region. A further 150 jobs will also be created through wider manufacturing and support services.

Following a thorough process of due diligence, the UK Space Agency has confirmed that Lockheed Martin’s plans to move its UK Pathfinder Launch to the Shetland site at Lamba Ness on Unst would continue to deliver long-term value and help establish a sustainable, commercial launch market as part of the UK’s spaceflight programme – LaunchUK"

The good news just keeps coming.

What could possibly go wrong post Brexit?
WTO will run smoothly, Operation Stack not required & the Eu will still love hate us.

Operation Stack will always be required.

We required it when we were part of the EU when the French farmers, fishermen, port workers and every other dick blockaded Calais.

No doubt we'll be seeing more industrial disputes which impact on the crossing in the future.

BREXIT will mean some changes, but many things will sadly stay the same.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The only way to demonstrate the stupidity of brexit is to watch it happen. It has been a complete farce so far and no evidence exists that it will get better.
As opposed to the EU - which has lost half it's share of world trade since 1980. That's the sinking ship we're leaving.

1603361982004.png

Wordsmith

crow_bag

War Hero
How did kids manage to get fed during school holidays before Marcus Rashford stuck his neb in? Now kids are getting fed by the State 365 days of the year, I bet some parents are thinking "Great, more fags and booze".
Me and the wife were discussing this earlier, she is of the opinion that Marcus Rashford should stick to football.

Sadly there have always been kids going without, but where was the concern last year?

Of course the Twitter echo chamber is in full on "Heartless Tory scum" mode at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

HCL

Old-Salt
I'm as zealously Brexity as the next man and have always said so

I've also always said I don't expect Brexit to be exactly the Brexit I would like.
Compromise now would pain me greatly but it wouldn't be unexpected.

I would be extaordinarily happy with a hard exit with no compromise, but I don't expect to get it.

BoJo cannot be seen to be weak. Any compromise, especially over fishing will be seen as a sellout, especially by redwall constituencies who will take fishing as a sign of future intent toward their interests therefore BoJo, who isn't daft, will dig his heels in hard. To me, his best political option for max electoral appeal in retaining his majority is no deal.

"Hundreds of space jobs will be created in Scotland following the approval of plans for Lockheed Martin to transfer its satellite launch operations to Shetland Space Centre by the UK government.

Shetland Space Centre anticipates that by 2024, the spaceport site could support a total of 605 jobs in Scotland including 140 locally and 210 across the wider Shetland region. A further 150 jobs will also be created through wider manufacturing and support services.

Following a thorough process of due diligence, the UK Space Agency has confirmed that Lockheed Martin’s plans to move its UK Pathfinder Launch to the Shetland site at Lamba Ness on Unst would continue to deliver long-term value and help establish a sustainable, commercial launch market as part of the UK’s spaceflight programme – LaunchUK"

The good news just keeps coming.

I'm sure wee Nippy will manage a Grr Boris about it

Well done. I wasn't taken prisoner by the enemy, either.
Jolly good.
Sad to say, I've run out of pinches of salt with which to treat your mutterings.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks fine to me... You don't have Britain 2016-2020 and beyond by any chance?

So the EU losing half its share of world trade is fine with you? Seek psychiatric help immediately.

The UK's share of world trade has gone down in recent years, but we've generally outperformed the EU average. So we've been going down the $hitter slower.

And the reason we're leaving the EU is to escape the over-taxed, over-regulated, protectionist regime that is dragging the EU's share of world trade down. We're now in a lifeboat. The EU/Titanic is still full steam ahead for the iceberg.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads