Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

The only way to demonstrate the stupidity of brexit is to watch it happen. It has been a complete farce so far and no evidence exists that it will get better.
You can always measure the bile and downright feckwittery on here mind...

I’d be here all night

Sacked for making up a quote
Sacked for lying about an affair
Censured for comments about black people, Muslim women, gays, people from Liverpool, France and Italy.

Getting told off by the ambassador about quoting a Kipling poem in a temple.
Writing a poem about the Turkish president and a goat
Insulting Sikhs in their own temple
Ensuring a British citizen receives a harsher prison sentence

More lies about money for the nhs and Turkey joining the Eu
Blowing money on illegal water cannons, garden bridge.
Failing to disclose a conflict of interest and £52k
Dodging questions on illegal drug use

ad nausea

That’s just the current Prime Minister
And he’s still not dead in a ditch, nor are we quitting Eu talks if no deal by 15th.

Guess what’s happening tomorrow.

This wasn't the PM, but same party

a consultant paediatrician would you believe, voted to deny children in poverty free school meals over holidays.

A paediatrician voting to keep poor kids hungry
Yet he's the PM. Oh well, never mind, you can compare his achievements against your own and wonder why you are an anonymous none entity raging at the dying of the light and he has pretty much everything he's ever wanted.
Life isn't fair is it.

We have South Georgia.

Transportation can be arranged.

Might be the best way to get that South Georgia fisheries protection job without being Pomgolian - roll up on a French beach sans passport and nick a RIB.

Will being a honkie count against me? I could probably pass off a heavy Afrikaans accent as Albanian if needs be.

I’d be here all night

Censured for comments about black people, Muslim women, gays, people from Liverpool, France and Italy.

ad nausea

And he’s still not dead in a ditch, nor are we quitting Eu talks if no deal by 15th.

a consultant paediatrician would you believe, voted to deny children in poverty free school meals over holidays.

I knew I used too many syllables in that question.

One thing thats struck me is the old Kissinger quote "Who do I call if I want to call Europe" all though he did not say it, the question still stands. The EU in its infinite wisdom created the post of High Representative of the Union of Foreign Affairs and security. Step forward one Catherine Ashton, an never elected career bag carrier for Blair & Brown who some how got the job and pension, her major achievement it seem was bringing peace between Serbia & Kosovo, some here might disagree with that.

However my point being we are in a situation where the UK is talking to the EU about trade negotiations, who do we talk to. Our man talks to their man, Barnier, our man talks to Boris, Barnier talks to the EU, a collection of 27 countries all with different heads and goals. Then the 27 leaders voice their differences and objectives, in instances under mining or contradicting Barnier, some even making noises about deals outside the EU to secure agreements.

And there is the problem who really pulls the strings in the EU?

Berlin.

It's all part of the fourth Reich. The real power lies in Berlin, with Paris as the secondary hub.

Recent history informs us that a small group of politicians have involved Britain in world wars costing millions of lives, huge economic destruction and unimaginable suffering. Now for the first time in history another small group of politicians in peace time have surrendered our culture to unarmed invaders, recklessly allowed a virus to ruin the lives of everyone and sent an entire nation head on into a disaster of humiliating isolation. Let those who voted for them be ashamed.

At the moment, I don't see any other countries leaving. I think it would take a failure of the euro and the attempt by the EU to impose further erosion of sovereignty to do that.

The problem is further complicated by by euro membership. You would have to have an alternative currency lined up when you triggered Article 50, and at the first whiff of that, the European Commission would go postal.

Wordsmith
Nature isn't kind to empires which stop expanding, or intergrating and at some point, somebody is going to have to push forward and pick fights again, otherwise the bloc will die a slower death.

For a whiff of grapeshot, I would suggest the next CDU leader, whoever that is will give us a good indication of what the EU future will be.

Ironic really when they had an actor for President and he ended the cold war with Maggie, so they can produce quality sometimes
Mind you, Reagan had had prior experience of government, in that he had been Governor of California prior to his pesidency and apart from the fiasco around the Iran-Contra fiasco (Col Oliver North, et al) he picked a good team, "You run the country, and I'll be President."

I'm interested in @History_Man's assertion that both the EU and UK are waiting to see who will be the next incumbent of the White House; as that will influence the outcome of any subsequent deal. What do you think will be the difference between any deal with Trump in the chair, as opposed to Biden?

Edit: Ref my last, cancel, just got to your Post#10545 above!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Recent history informs us that a small group of politicians have involved Britain in world wars costing millions of lives, huge economic destruction and unimaginable suffering. Now for the first time in history another small group of politicians in peace time have surrendered our culture to unarmed invaders, recklessly allowed a virus to ruin the lives of everyone and sent an entire nation head on into a disaster of humiliating isolation. Let those who voted for them be ashamed.
That is the EU for you

I’d be here all night

ad nausea

It's always been the same circus, it's just the clowns which change.

And now Aviva are proposing to invest £10bn in UK infrastructure and real estate projects over the next 3 years. I suppose it's conceivable within such a massive organisation someone mislaid the memo about us leaving the EU.

Mind you, Reagan had had prior experience of government, in that he had been Governor of California prior to his pesidency and apart from the fiasco around the Iran-Contra fiasco (Col Oliver North, et al) he picked a good team, "You run the country, and I'll be President."

I'm interested in @History_Man's assertion that both the EU and UK are waiting to see who will be the next incumbent of the White House; as that will influence the outcome of any subsequent deal. What do you think will be the difference between any deal with Trump in the chair, as opposed to Biden?

Edit: Ref my last, cancel, just got to your Post#10545 above!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Not to step on History mans toes, but its a question I've pondered a lot and for my part its a clear and present danger a Biden Presidency, who will reboot Obamas policy of cosying up to Germany and as such our trade would not happen, unless we compromised with the EU and deliver Brothertons wet dream of a BRINO.

A trump win, you come up against the Democrats trying to block things. My suspicion is a stagnant US economy, we could all do with some quick wins in 2021 and even the democrats will see the benefits of a deal, as brexit is over and politicians will see no benefit to expend politicial capital in defence of an issue already over and done with.

Wasn't @amazing__lobster dripping continually about losing our life sciences research and industry post-Brexit? Seems like Belgian pharma giant UCB disagree. They've announced they're investing £1bn to acquire a new campus in Windlesham and to support their UK operations over the next 5 years.

I'm trying to be even-handed here but I'm not reading anything about disinvestment in the UK. I'm sure the Remain lobby would be all over any bad news.... if it existed.

"UCB has projected its investment in the UK – including the new site – to be more than £1bn over five years, with the transition to this new facility set to support over 650 high-value jobs in scientific research, translational medicine, clinical development, early manufacturing and commercial roles."

Latest Threads