Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
If the EU gave us a decent deal it would encourage other countries to leave,
we won't get a deal, the EU dare not do it

At the moment, I don't see any other countries leaving. I think it would take a failure of the euro and the attempt by the EU to impose further erosion of sovereignty to do that.

The problem is further complicated by by euro membership. You would have to have an alternative currency lined up when you triggered Article 50, and at the first whiff of that, the European Commission would go postal.

Wordsmith

At the moment, I don't see any other countries leaving. I think it would take a failure of the euro and the attempt by the EU to impose further erosion of sovereignty to do that.

The problem is further complicated by by euro membership. You would have to have an alternative currency lined up when you triggered Article 50, and at the first whiff of that, the European Commission would go postal.

Wordsmith
I know that it's wrong to derive so much glee from it. But I'm absofuckinlutely delighted that the paddies are trapped and utterly borked. Fifth highest contributor and screwed by lack of a route to market.
I'm just a simple soul at heart.

Off topic, but it's a worrying thought that one of the candidates for US president would be a strong candidate for SPOTY if they posted on ARRSE, while the other strikes me as a case of senile dementia waiting to happen.

Isn't politics wonderful?

Wordsmith :cry:
Population of 380 million & the best they can produce is Trump & Biden...

Actually quite fcucking scary....

It was worth watching that to listen to Dominic talking about taxes (from around +5 mins) through the ages and the challenges for the future.

I've got an Audible credit sat waiting to be used.

And they have Dominic's book there:

Thanks @medwaymud for my next book.

It was worth watching that to listen to Dominic talking about taxes (from around +5 mins) through the ages and the challenges for the future.
Yup , his breadth of knowledge as well as the clarity of speech and his sense of fair play in argument. I ******* rate him.
Don't care if he is a poof - he is my kind of poof ( from the points made above)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I've said all along he will agree a deal. It won't be Brexity enough for the zealots and that's the funny bit.
You're still deluded then. I've had you on ignore for some years and just popped in to check.

"Brussels has proposed that non-UK/non-EU content be limited to 45 per cent of the car, a figure ACEA wants pushed up to 50 per cent “in line with the UK’s position”.

Looks like trade is more important to industry than political posturing.
They can all eff off at the high port.
Effin furrin tw@ts.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Aye, but we are using the script rewritten by BJ & DC. I think Barnier is still stumbling with his new role of village idiot.
He aspires to that.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Population of 380 million & the best they can produce is Trump & Biden...

Actually quite fcucking scary....

Ironic really when they had an actor for President and he ended the cold war with Maggie, so they can produce quality sometimes

Latest Threads