Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Source FT (unsure if link works)

If no luck, try this;
EU carmakers call on Brussels to ‘reconsider’ Brexit stance

edit
But Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, has said that businesses should be prepared to accept “short-term adaptation costs” in the name of protecting the bloc’s “long-term economic interests”.

He has been adamant that the EU should not sugar-coat Britain’s decision to leave the EU single market and customs union, and has questioned whether the bloc should allow the UK to retain the “prominent position” on the EU market that it currently enjoys.

The hardline stance is prompting increasingly urgent warnings from companies about the potential economic consequences for Europe of weaker trade ties. In June, more than 50 food and drink trade associations from the EU and UK wrote to Brussels urging it to take a more “flexible” approach to future arrangements, warning that a tariff-free trade agreement will be “meaningless” unless measures are taken to ensure companies can take advantage of zero-tariff rates.

Well well, it appears even the EU carmakers are urging Brussels to change its Brexit stance.

Extract, letter from the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) — a group that represents companies including BMW, Toyota and Fiat — urges Brussels to “reconsider its position” on rules for determining whether goods will qualify for tariff-free trade.

Source FT (unsure if link works)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Brussels has proposed that non-UK/non-EU content be limited to 45 per cent of the car, a figure ACEA wants pushed up to 50 per cent “in line with the UK’s position”.

Looks like trade is more important to industry than political posturing.

If no luck, try this;
EU carmakers are urging Brussels to change its Brexit stance.

Takes the piss! Another German company, this time CLAAS - one of the largest agricultural machinery manufacturers in the world - has just opened its new £20m HQ building in..... yes, you guessed it - Bury St Edmunds!

Cameron and Osborne would never have allowed it. What's going wrong here?!

Takes the piss! Another German company, this time CLAAS - one of the largest agricultural machinery manufacturers in the world - has just opened its new £20m HQ building in..... yes, you guessed it - Bury St Edmunds!

Cameron and Osborne would never have allowed it. What's going wrong here?!

And all despite Brexit

Anyone in the economic world hear anything to support this?

And all despite Brexit
FFS! I don't think I've even begun to scratch the surface here - just seen another one. Jungheinrich, German owned manufacturer of forklifts etc building a multi-million pound logistics centre in Warrington. Sod off back to Hamburg Werner, we don't want your jobs and investment in Wenig Engerland!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS! I don't think I've even begun to scratch the surface here - just seen another one. Jungheinrich, German owned manufacturer of forklifts etc building a multi-million pound logistics centre in Warrington. Sod off back to Hamburg Werner, we don't want your jobs and investment in Wenig Engerland!
Why worry we can always get (S)Hyster. Oh it would be Klein Angelland. ;)

crow_bag

War Hero
Hang on, if all these Europeans are coming over here creating new jobs when exactly is my house going to get full of twigs?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If we were to believe the propaganda of the remainiacs we would all be out of jobs by now, starving and having to eat our children to survive.

And we'd be coming back from dogging at the channel ports to find our house full of twigs, and the supermarkets empty of food and booze because of Brexit

Latest Threads