Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Easy now sunshine, you will get an European protector in no time. With all that dogging going on in the Kent Brexit parking lot after No Deal you of all persons will have first choice of some really masculine East European lorry drivers.
What you think of speaks volumes - about you. Booked yer slot?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
It is perhaps noticeable how the EU fanatics supporters in this threat have continually failed to make a positive case for remaining in the EU. It's always tired old Project Fear about how we'll be destitute and hankering to re-join after we leave the comfort blanket of the EU. And strangely enough, the predictions have thus far largely failed to materialise.

There hasn't been a mass exodus of companies to the EU, in fact, if anything the reverse has been happening. The pound hasn't plunged, Brexit related unemployment hasn't shot up, aircraft have continued to fly and so on.

Perhaps most noticeably of all, they've completely failed to discuss the EU's direction of travel. If a United States of Europe is the way forward for the EU, with a further significant transfer of powers from the member states to Brussels, why aren't they trumpeting it's virtues and logic from the rooftop - including why the UK should be participating in this - and what we're losing out on by not doing so.

Wordsmith

Those who try to stifle argument are the people who despise the democratic process. Aren't they? Argue away but if it's "We won, suck it up" you're not going to get far.
Except the argument wasn't stifled. It was conducted before the referendum, was it not?

Please tell me where I've said "We won, suck it up"?

Totally ignoring my post. Deflection. Ever thought of going into politics?

Totally bad form to quote one's own post I know, but it was just in case Graculus had "mist" it. My post was in answer to his, just above mine. No answer has been the reply, so far. His post I quoted here, was in reply to my #10,161, which did not address the points I made. If you're not careful Graculus, people will begin to see you as a troll.

What about you Higgs_bosun, care to comment on my first paragraph at #10,161? Or are you another who only believes in democracy as long as it agrees with yours? Please don't start on one of your anecdotes, making comparisons with whatever. I'm a thick, sweaty sock little schottlander who is easily confused. Please take this into consideration in your reply. Thank you, W Wallis. Oh shi te, PERSEC.

It is perhaps noticeable how the EU fanatics supporters in this threat have continually failed to make a positive case for remaining in the EU. It's always tired old Project Fear about how we'll be destitute and hankering to re-join after we leave the comfort blanket of the EU. And strangely enough, the predictions have thus far largely failed to materialise.

There hasn't been a mass exodus of companies to the EU, in fact, if anything the reverse has been happening. The pound hasn't plunged, Brexit related unemployment hasn't shot up, aircraft have continued to fly and so on.

Perhaps most noticeably of all, they've completely failed to discuss the EU's direction of travel. If a United States of Europe is the way forward for the EU, with a further significant transfer of powers from the member states to Brussels, why aren't they trumpeting it's virtues and logic from the rooftop - including why the UK should be participating in this - and what we're losing out on by not doing so.

Wordsmith
Interesting that since Gove made the Brexit HoC statement the markets almost anticipated and was prepared for it.

Also, following a few Twitter thread feeds that certain European countries, Sweden for example fully intend to positively continue support UK business & trade.

As for Labour's woeful & pathetic response to Gove's Brexit statement, inept opposition is being kind.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There hasn't been a mass exodus of companies to the EU, in fact, if anything the reverse has been happening.
In your heid. The company I work for is closing its London office along with others which have already closed. Not covid related.
The pound hasn't plunged,
In your heid. Brexit Pound Exchange Rate Tracker Tool - Brexit Timeline Chart 2016-2020

I'll have a pint of what you've had mind. We haven't left with a "No deal" yet either.

Brexit related unemployment hasn't shot up, aircraft have continued to fly and so on.
Get back to me when you work out under whose rules those aircraft are flying and under what rules we've been trading.

Totally bad form to quote one's own post I know, but it was just in case Graculus had "mist" it. My post was in answer to his, just above mine. No answer has been the reply, so far. His post I quoted here, was in reply to my #10,161, which did not address the points I made. If you're not careful Graculus, people will begin to see you as a troll.

What about you Higgs_bosun, care to comment on my first paragraph at #10,161? Or are you another who only believes in democracy as long as it agrees with yours? Please don't start on one of your anecdotes, making comparisons with whatever. I'm a thick, sweaty sock little schottlander who is easily confused. Please take this into consideration in your reply. Thank you, W Wallis. Oh shi te, PERSEC.
I miss loads out...because I don't see it. If you really want a response, tag me. Accusing someone of being a troll is another way of stifling argument of course...

Tyk

LE
I'm not a Colonel nor do I serve soup.

Would you like to make a fool of yourself in a different way?

Since the Brexit vote you were clearly far from a Eurosceptic and it's only recently that you've claimed your whole opposition to Brexit was some wizard wheeze of a "joke", except no-one has bought that line and you've been outed as a liar who's just trying to cover up that you've made a fool of yourself in a rather monumental manner.
Instead of having the integrity and minimal guts to just say "well that's not how I expected it to go, fair enough lets see how it ends up" you've just carried on digging and making everyone believe you're an utter prat.

I assume you're offering to educate @Wordsmith in the various manners of making a fool of yourself you've practiced to perfection.

UKRaider

War Hero
AFP-1OL4HL.jpg

Dread

LE
In your heid. The company I work for is closing its London office along with others which have already closed. Not covid related.

In your heid. Brexit Pound Exchange Rate Tracker Tool - Brexit Timeline Chart 2016-2020

I'll have a pint of what you've had mind. We haven't left with a "No deal" yet either.

Get back to me when you work out under whose rules those aircraft are flying and under what rules we've been trading.
Your office is probably closing their London office because they realise that they've employed a bunch of whining büllshitters like yourself, and it is easier to close the office than go through the pain of sacking all the arrseholes.

Your Brexit Pound Exchange Rate "tool". Really shocking. Hasn't Sterling done awfully since the vote? I wonder though.... you wouldn't be the kind of weaselling little shite to find some bunch of bullshit munchers who would be selective with the data range would you? Surely not?

Oh, wait. EUR to GBP average exchange rate 1999-2018 | Statista

Looking at the FTSE, I wonder what other developing news there was over the last few days? Perhaps you'd managed to forget, in your monomaniacal retardation, about the news of new lockdowns due to the pandemic (and the resultant impact on business now and higher taxes in the future)? Slipped your mind did it? Let's see how your beloved Europe is doing: (won't post links from work, but you can Google or use Bloomberg, even the EU fanatic Financial Times): Paris is down 0.6% on the week, Germany is down 1.9%, Spain is down by 1.6% and Italy down 1.4%. The same providers have the UK as down 1.4%

With regards unemployment, perhaps you should glance your rheumy eyes over those of the rest of the EU? Unemployment Rate - Countries - List | Europe
Only Germany, using the Euro to destroy the rest of Europe, has a lower unemployment rate than the UK (of the major economies). EU unemployment rate is 7.4% and rising sharply. UK's is 4.5% (latest figure).

TLDR? In summary: you post biased and utter shite that only a simpleton would believe.

Your office is probably closing their London office because they realise that they've employed a bunch of whining büllshitters like yourself, and it is easier to close the office than go through the pain of sacking all the arrseholes.

Your Brexit Pound Exchange Rate "tool". Really shocking. Hasn't Sterling done awfully since the vote? I wonder though.... you wouldn't be the kind of weaselling little shite to find some bunch of bullshit munchers who would be selective with the data range would you? Surely not?

Looking at the FTSE, I wonder what other developing news there was over the last few days? Perhaps you'd managed to forget, in your monomaniacal retardation, about the news of new lockdowns due to the pandemic (and the resultant impact on business now and higher taxes in the future)? Slipped your mind did it? Let's see how your beloved Europe is doing: (won't post links from work, but you can Google or use Bloomberg, even the EU fanatic Financial Times): Paris is down 0.6% on the week, Germany is down 1.9%, Spain is down by 1.6% and Italy down 1.4%. The same providers have the UK as down 1.4%

With regards unemployment, perhaps you should glance your rheumy eyes over those of the rest of the EU? Unemployment Rate - Countries - List | Europe
Only Germany, using the Euro to destroy the rest of Europe, has a lower unemployment rate than the UK (of the major economies). EU unemployment rate is 7.4% and rising sharply. UK's is 4.5% (latest figure).

TLDR? In summary: you post biased and utter shite that only a simpleton would believe.
Yeah, but Twitter told him and he was in the RAF so you Pongoes know jack.

Begin, you say...

Truxx

LE

Careful...

You might get a tweet.