Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Also Macron has got to root for his French fisherfolk (and farmers) like his political career depends on it.

Which it does.

Agreed, so I suspect an element of theatre for domestic consumption. His best bet is actually to sign up for Canada+ and then strike up a separate deal with us over fishing (the French won't turn a hair about ignoring any inconvenient EU rulings that get in the way)...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
So no source for this Skid? The fervently anti-Brexit Irish Times has instead chosen to comment upon Irish hauliers being up the Swanee on the UK landbridge because, irrespective of what the French say about their access to Calais, they will not get prioritised at Dover.

I wouldn't worry, the way Johnson is handling things it's only a matter of time before i'll get to quote from the fervently anti brexit Daily Mail. Johnson has already been compared in the media, to Cromwell, another lord protector threatening Christmas.

Still, enjoy Lorry park Kent, The smell of Portaloos, you can pretend you're at a festival. (a day or a period of celebration)

Or for the more historically minded among you, it'll be like the preparations for Overlord and needing a special pass to get anywhere near Dover.

Whatever happened to the Oven ready deal, no downside, only a considerable upside?

Still chin up.

Still, enjoy Lorry park Kent, The smell of Portaloos, you can pretend you're at a festival. (a day or a period of celebration)

You missed out the mass outbreaks of dogging near the channel ports caused by Brexit

I wouldn't worry, the way Johnson is handling things it's only a matter of time before i'll get to quote from the fervently anti brexit Daily Mail. Johnson has already been compared in the media, to Cromwell, another lord protector threatening Christmas.

Or for the more historically minded among you, it'll be like the preparations for Overlord and needing a special pass to get anywhere near Dover.

Whatever happened to the Oven ready deal, no downside, only a considerable upside?

Still chin up.
Another pint of bitter salty tears? Looks like you've finished your last one.

We don't overnight in Calais. Straight off train about 2359 local and head on down the A26 as far as Reims. Usually kip in a motorway aire until about 0600, clean teeth, coffee and a croissant on the hoof and down in Provence by teatime!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
suppose it's where you start your journey , I am travelling 12 hours until we get to Dover, dangerous to carry on ,

suppose it's where you start your journey , I am travelling 12 hours until we get to Dover, dangerous to carry on ,
Yes, that's fair enough.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
So you basically, haven't a scooby about public opinion and seem to see everything through the lenses of higher echelons of power, making all the decisions...... Boris could deliver 'no deal' and we still wouldn't be rejoining after all the effort to get out.
It's hard to have a scooby on public opinion when you don't leave the confines of the Academy, they don't allow just anybody at Sandhurst so BL will hardly mix with the general public.

It's hard to have a scooby on public opinion when you don't leave the confines of the Academy, they don't allow just anybody at Sandhurst so BL will hardly mix with the general public.

He does manage to have a cake and arse party though

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You sure about that? :)

Offa

War Hero
No desire for independence in Wales apart from a couple of villages in Gog land. If anything, drippy Drakeford's actions since becoming AM have increased appetite down here for Westminster to claw back powers from Cardiff Bay - M4 Relief Road being a good example.

Hence the Abolish the Welsh Assembly Party (Plaid Diddymu Cynulliad Cymru).

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course you do Colonel. Your constant whining since the referendum result was announced says that you are tickled pink by it all.
Wasn't he just 'joking'?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Whatever happened to the Ed Stone, Labour's 10 commandments seemed to have vanished

I think Macron has looked at his cards and decided that France won't get enough out of any trade deal to make any future economic ties to the UK worthwhile
This isn’t just about trade in the short term it’s about Kudos. France has not been able to bring Britain to heel. France has lost face. It really is down to Macron if he wants to shoot himself in the foot.

Latest Threads