Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Here we go: @Higgs_bosun
Just had a PM from some pansy arsed hardman who wants a pop.
1602954345279.png

Disabuse yourself over Wales seeking Independence - not a chance , as there are 'some' sensible people , who would block that (includes me) from happening.

.....but they would still jump at any chance , at a pot-of-money !! :)

No I meant Wales wanting Scotland to have independence, Welsh independence with England paying for everything that's not going to change, no just the hope of a bigger slice of the pie once the Scots have disappeared off to EUtopia

I wouldn't worry about the lack of a more hostile relatiosnhip with the EU and some of it's more bombastic members, it's coming. You can also expect a re-examination of the Anglo-French Defence Co-Op of 2010, not just by us but from the French too, Macron is headed for a hissy fit of a epic proportions.
However, Merkel won't want her legacy to be the Chancellor who was in charge when BMW went into terminal decline thus giving the Bavarian Party a huge boost.

I think Macron has looked at his cards and decided that France won't get enough out of any trade deal to make any future economic ties to the UK worthwhile and it will be easier with us completely out of the way...

On the other hand, this could be something he has cooked up with Boris to put pressure on Merkel (as Boris, Von Der Leyen and Macron are reputed to get on well) - why I'm not sure though.

Historically, UK accepted tertiary political status in the EU in exchange for generous economic opt-outs which suited our free-trading instincts. This was tacitly supported by Germany and tolerated by France.

But, as UK became steadily more economically powerful, Blair in particular began to lobby for a greater political role, which upset the French. The Germans were more positive (we had always been their de facto ally) but then wanted us to accept a levelled economic playing field and to make more positive noises about a USE. Enter Farage and the ball started rolling...

As I and others have said repeatedly, this is all about politicians on both sides wanting too much, too soon and not being prepared to compromise...

Truxx

LE
I think Macron has looked at his cards and decided that France won't get enough out of any trade deal to make any future economic ties to the UK worthwhile and it will be easier with us completely out of the way...

On the other hand, this could be something he has cooked up with Boris to put pressure on Merkel (as Boris, Von Der Leyen and Macron are reputed to get on well) - why I'm not sure though.

Historically, UK accepted tertiary political status in the EU in exchange for generous economic opt-outs which suited our free-trading instincts. This was tacitly supported by Germany and tolerated by France.

But, as UK became steadily more economically powerful, Blair in particular began to lobby for a greater political role, which upset the French. The Germans were more positive (we had always been their de facto ally) but then wanted us to accept a more level economic playing field and to make more positive noises about a USE. Enter Farage and the ball started rolling...

As I and others have said repeatedly, this is all about politicians on both sides wanting too much, too soon and not being prepared to compromise...
Also Macron has got to root for his French fisherfolk (and farmers) like his political career depends on it.

Which it does.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Of course we do Colonel. Do tell us again how Brexit is just a lurid, fuelled by unicorn farts fantasy that would never ever materialise.

Your bitter angst amuses me greatly.

I find it amusing, so you EQ must be rather shortcoming.

£54 with C&CC discount .....................I'm a Jock after all, then rest of the night in Lidl car park at Citi de Europ since the bastard Frog twats stopped overnighting in the Carrefour camper park,
There was a great deal on 5 return trips (vehicle plus 7 I think) for about the price of 3, which you could share with one other person/family. Handily, I hadn’t paid for it just as COVID hit...

£54 with C&CC discount .....................I'm a Jock after all, then rest of the night in Lidl car park at Citi de Europ since the bastard Frog twats stopped overnighting in the Carrefour camper park,
We don't overnight in Calais. Straight off train about 2359 local and head on down the A26 as far as Reims. Usually kip in a motorway aire until about 0600, clean teeth, coffee and a croissant on the hoof and down in Provence by teatime!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Disabuse yourself over Wales seeking Independence - not a chance , as there are 'some' sensible people , who would block that (includes me) from happening.

.....but they would still jump at any chance , at a pot-of-money !! :)
No desire for independence in Wales apart from a couple of villages in Gog land. If anything, drippy Drakeford's actions since becoming AM have increased appetite down here for Westminster to claw back powers from Cardiff Bay - M4 Relief Road being a good example.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads