What now for the EU ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
To do that would mean dismantling some of the Lisbon Treaty and a lot of verbage since. It might have been possible for an aware UK leader to have used the referendum result as a big stick, to achieve some sort of movement for reform, but that fleeting moment passed long ago. I think (or rather 'fear', as I still live over here) that the centralists will use this new crisis to strengthen the power of the centre by feeding crumbs to the edges.
Aye, sadly you are probably correct!

Poor analogy (at least in terms of you supporting your argument).
Burning ships usually end up as wrecks anyway.
View attachment 464109
i wasn't advocating staying on a burning boat, I pointed out that unlike a fire, the storm will pass.
Italy needs to get into the lifeboat and ride out the storm while the SS EUtopia Burns.

Chef

LE
Quite, it must cost a fortune planting all those trees so the Germans can march in the shade
An old article but I think the option to plant more trees is dying away:

What would Greta say?

Come to think of it where is she in our hour of need? Spotting viruses should be well within her talents.

An old article but I think the option to plant more trees is dying away:

What would Greta say?

Come to think of it where is she in our hour of need? Spotting viruses should be well within her talents.

still on Skool strike - week 85 tomorrow

I wonder how many in the totally unnecessary EU bureaucracy are now considering new careers?
None of them at all, inside that Brussels/Luxembourg/Strasbourg bubble, they really do not see it or get it whatsoever.
It is an unique industry all on its own, that fabled lollipop of the self-licking variety.
Two levels of totally and completely unnecessary bureaucrats and politicians.
It seems to be quite common knowledge that we all got on within the Marché Commun before all this kerfuffle started at Maastricht then Lisbon.
The average EU yearly salary is €78,503 rising to €91,064 if the employee can claim a 16% ex-pat allowance, and apparently 70% of the 55,000 employed by them actually do.
Quelle surprise.
A special federal style rate of income tax for all employees, exempt from all other national income taxes across Europe starting at 8%.
What is there not to like about all this?
They are going to fight long and hard to keep this going for themselves, their families and for all of the failed national politicians that we all seem to send there and who always seem to come out at the other end as millionaires.

This article from 10 years ago, when austerity abounded across Europe, shows how completely aligned and in touch they were back then with the working man in Europe.
Don't expect any change from this class of entitled person:-

None of them at all, inside that Brussels/Luxembourg/Strasbourg bubble, they really do not see it or get it whatsoever.
It is an unique industry all on its own, that fabled lollipop of the self-licking variety.
Two levels of totally and completely unnecessary bureaucrats and politicians.
It seems to be quite common knowledge that we all got on within the Marché Commun before all this kerfuffle started at Maastricht then Lisbon.
The average EU yearly salary is €78,503 rising to €91,064 if the employee can claim a 16% ex-pat allowance, and apparently 70% of the 55,000 employed by them actually do.
Quelle surprise.
A special federal style rate of income tax for all employees, exempt from all other national income taxes across Europe starting at 8%.
What is there not to like about all this?
They are going to fight long and hard to keep this going for themselves, their families and for all of the failed national politicians that we all seem to send there and who always seem to come out at the other end as millionaires.

This article from 10 years ago, when austerity abounded across Europe, shows how completely aligned and in touch they were back then with the working man in Europe.
Don't expect any change from this class of entitled person:-

let them eat chocolate chip and grande marnier brioche

Their inability to co ordinate a united response to Covid 19 has been noted.
Oh play the white man. Very early the commission proposed an ambitious plan to share infected Italians among all member states but this was blocked by petty populist nationalist politicians in certain member states. The commission is already working on plans to adopt a commission level competence on epidemialogical control so never again will outbreaks be prevented by narrow minded 'national interests' from being fairly and rapidly spread throughout the bloc in a spirit of EU solidarity.

Edit stop giving it informatives. It was a sarcastic take on their refugee nonsense

Last edited:
SS Ohio walt.
what’s generally not known, is the SS Ohio had been specially reinforced and carried extra equipment to survive damage. Something the SS EUtopia hasn’t.

So the EU have found 500 billion Euros in their secret money tree store to come to the aid of the worst hit countries from @##$%&€£s. As they have got 39 Billon quid of our money from the 'Divorce' package. I wonder if we will get any of it back....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

woger wabbit

War Hero
So the EU have found 500 billion Euros in their secret money tree store to come to the aid of the worst hit countries from @##$%&€£s. As they have got 39 Billon quid of our money from the 'Divorce' package. I wonder if we will get any of it back....
Nope, they will be asking for more £££ if UK gets an extension in negotiations beyond the end of 2020 to help pay for the pandemic across the Euro states that received financial help from the ECB, of course the UK did not so cannot claim any funds for relief.

Latest Threads