What now for the EU ?

Truxx

LE
Meanwhile the EUs top sciency bloke has said foxtrot Oscar to the EU

And yet I see nothing from the much vaunted (by @amazing__lobster anyway) "Scientists for the EU".

Who appear to be staying 2m (6'6") from their keyboards

Good to see that they are playing their part in slowing the spread of bollix.

Meanwhile the EUs top sciency bloke has said foxtrot Oscar to the EU

And yet I see nothing from the much vaunted (by @amazing__lobster anyway) "Scientists for the EU".

Who appear to be staying 2m (6'6") from their keyboards

Good to see that they are playing their part in slowing the spread of bollix.
Scientists for eu are currently pushing an extension to the transition period.

From a pool of 2763 people.

Ironically the stupid isolationist old people who voted leave that Remainers wanted to die off are now going to die off because we weren't isolated enough, which will clear the way for the young people to rejoin the EU and open the borders just in time for the next pandemic to kill them next.

Tyk

LE
At least free movement has been proven to be a great idea and not lethally dangerous in any way.
Apart from the Islamist Terrorists and the pandemic (arguably air travel is vastly more responsible for the pandemic)?

Excessive drain on public resources/infrastructure across Europe certainly has cost lives too.

My favourite EU quote of the year so far, from before all this kerfuffle and during the previous grand bagarre about setting a budget:-
“He wanted enough cash to buy a Range Rover; we only have the money for a Volkswagen – and worst of all he asked Mutti [Merkel] to pay for the Range Rover.”

It was said of the European Council President apparently, a former Prime Minister of Belgium (snigger).

Truxx

LE
Scientists for eu are currently pushing an extension to the transition period.

From a pool of 2763 people.

I must have missed that in my Facebook feed. Might have been all the helpful comments that I have left them in the past.

like "should you clever folks not be doing something more useful rather than posting bilge?"

And so it begins.France goes into recession.
Worst financial performance since 1945 means their economy shrank by some 6%
Ah, but they expect les Allemands et les Anglais à payer pour cela. Oh cher les Anglais sont déjà partis.

En Anglais, Ah but they expect the Germans and the English to pay for this. Oh dear the English have already gone.

The next meeting between Macron and Merkel could be interesting.

Last edited:

Latest Threads