Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

I don't think that the EU really want to start a tariff war, especially on cars

Not withstanding, Morgan is the only wholly British owned car company.

But surely they'll go for spite over common sense even if it harms their own economies more

Keeping the project going is everything, even if they bankrupt a few EU countries along the way, better together Tovarich!

Must admit that did cross my mind but then I thought of Isle of Sheppey :-D

Widening the gene pool there has got to be a positive at least

Looks like Missus van der Lindythingy has a piece of paper in her hand. Oh Dear!! :cool:
Beat me to it.

We have violated the terms of the 'Withdrawal Agreement' and by doing so we are in breach of International Law. And the best response they come back with is a letter and a month's notice to comply....shock horror. How very dare they. PMBJ et al must be quaking in their boots.

Speaking of which, if the boot was on the other foot, and we sent them a letter threatening to put the EU on the naughty step, how do we think they would respond.

The very least they could have done was threaten us with an invasion of some kind...

Lily livered wusses the lot of them.

1601545406808.png

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
But surely they'll go for spite over common sense even if it harms their own economies more

Keeping the project going is everything, even if they bankrupt a few EU countries along the way, better together Tovarich!

The legal precedent of Arkell v Pressdram would be a good one.

https://lettersofnote.com/2013/08/07/arkell-v-pressdram/
Dear Sirs,

We acknowledge your letter of 29th April referring to Mr. J. Arkell.

We note that Mr Arkell’s attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of our reply and would therefore be grateful if you would inform us what his attitude to damages would be, were he to learn that the nature of our reply is as follows: **** off.

Yours,
Private Eye

Wordsmith :smile:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Very similar to the Australian model. All they need now is a couple of islands with shitty living conditions for the inmates and a hostile native mob who have no compunction in topping you if you escape from the detention centre.
Rockall is lovely, at this time of year.

Just saying.

Of course they have.

In order to protect the integrity of the Single market - The EU would have to build a border in Ireland, breaking the GFA

The EU will “never, never, never” compromise on the integrity of the bloc’s single market when it comes to negotiating a trade deal with the U.K., according to the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier.

There will be no compromise on the single market. Never, never, never,” Barnier said at Queen’s University Belfast Monday evening. “It is our main asset on the EU side,” he said. “Never will the EU compromise, (make) fragile or unravel the single market, never,

That is why they tried to annex Northern Ireland.

I think Ursula missed something

"The infringement procedure is a common tool used by the commission against member states. Last year alone there were 800 open cases. Germany had 47 pending cases, and France 34. Each procedure takes on average 35 months to complete."

Of course they have.

In order to protect the integrity of the Single market - The EU would have to build a border in Ireland, breaking the GFA

That is why they tried to annex Northern Ireland.
This bloke Barnier seems to have an open mike at meetings in the Bog.

ETA: That post is from Jan this year.

As one of my contacts said to me recently, those big houses in Oxfordshire don't pay for themselves on an MPs' salary or Peers' daily expenses.
I think we’re forgetting one fundamental fact. MP’s already have resources, they are already rich, the commons is just their talking shop. The commons, they are decidedly not, merely nobility has thus far eluded them. Not everyone can marry ermine.

Just so as not to disappoint, The Spudsterz cellmate wants his 2p worth:

View attachment 508793......

I follow his Twitter comments just to see what the lunatic fringe of remainers think, he's a very useful source of information

I assume Baglock has him on speed dial