What now for the EU ?

Triple whammy; Erdogan sending refugees towards Greece. That's not going to end well unless they start sending more spondoolies in Turkey's direction.
I’ve been monitoring quite a few online feeds including in some cases, Turkish Border/Military assisting migrants on breaking the fences.

Erdogan says, unless the EU gives money on relocating migrants to other ‘safer’ Syrian locations the situation will indeed become dire.

I’ve been monitoring quite a few online feeds including in some cases, Turkish Border/Military assisting migrants on breaking the fences.

Erdogan says, unless the EU gives money on relocating migrants to other ‘safer’ Syrian locations the situation will indeed become dire.
I think it's sad; I'm not one that thinks that the migrants are an 'army' coming to invade the west. But I'm in no doubt that the west is a pull for them.

The EU/Turkey/Syria/Russia need to sit down and have a grown-up chat and get it sorted.

I think it's sad; I'm not one that thinks that the migrants are an 'army' coming to invade the west. But I'm in no doubt that the west is a pull for them.

The EU/Turkey/Syria/Russia need to sit down and have a grown-up chat and get it sorted.
Turkey & Russia tried the adult chat, temporary ceasefire due to Idlib issue.

Turkey, albeit holding nearly 4M migrants is simply using migrants as EU political stick.

EU refuses to be held to ransom yet Greece & Brussels are hardly on polite speaking terms as it stands, I wonder why.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I doubt Russia or Syria gives a **** about the refugees.

Typical EU Bluster and Bullshit.

They sit around in Brussels tossing each other off and lecturing the world on how it should be run, whilst making a total balls up of their own back garden.

And now they are going to rattle the begging bowl, knowing that to keep the world economic afloat we are all going to have to fund twenty years of EU mismanagement and stupidity.

Lets not forget that the Italian banks that are offering freedom from mortgage payments in the short term are the same zombie banks full of bad debts that will never get paid.

Good governance of a nation isn't swaggering around Europe when things are good, its keeping your nation afloat when the shit hits the fan.

What a bloody mess. Stand up all those idiots, retards and morons eho thought Brexit was a bad idea. You bunch of utter fools.

They sit around in Brussels tossing each other off and lecturing the world on how it should be run, whilst making a total balls up of their own back garden.

And now they are going to rattle the begging bowl, knowing that to keep the world economic afloat we are all going to have to fund twenty years of EU mismanagement and stupidity.

Lets not forget that the Italian banks that are offering freedom from mortgage payments in the short term are the same zombie banks full of bad debts that will never get paid.

Good governance of a nation isn't swaggering around Europe when things are good, its keeping your nation afloat when the shit hits the fan.

What a bloody mess. Stand up all those idiots, retards and morons eho thought Brexit was a bad idea. You bunch of utter fools.
the EU seems to have adopted the economic model....

owe the Banks £1000 and it’s your problem

owe the Banks £100,000 and it’s their problem

Sounds like you're on the verge of having a "lightbulb" moment there regarding the amount of control EU member states actually have over their borders, as opposed to what the Mail/Express/Telegraph have been telling you.

Well done, you're getting there!
Could you explain what you're on about?

Or what you're on...

Anyone got a Telegraph account?

It's not Italy that will need to worry. The French and German banks that are up to their eyeballs in Italian debt need to watch out.

The Italians will just press the reset button and carry on.

An excellent post-and slightly off topic, I've not heard Boris called a buffoon for some time now.

philc

LE
Poland not very happy about the ECJ ruling, understandable the EU are imposing refuges on sovereign nations.

Meanwhile in Italy, 67% of Italians see the EU as a disadvantage, after all the CoronaVirus Italy is going to take a long look at friends and help and the EU will not feature in that list.

Is it to soon to predict the break up of the EU, maybe but one more crisis may well push it over the edge.

“Some EU institutions are completely detached from reality,” said Zbigniew Ziobro on Sunday. “Poland was right not to accept refugees. We defended our sovereignty against the foreign culture of Islam that they wanted to impose on us.”

Nonetheless, the shift in public opinion is striking: according to polls conducted by news agency Dire on 12-13 March, 88 percent of Italians feel that Europe is failing to support Italy in the crisis, while only 4 percent believe that it is doing enough. And 67 percent of Italians regard EU membership as a disadvantage, up from 47 percent in November 2018.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The only way for the EU Commission, as that is what we really mean by 'EU', is for them to be generous, innovative and daring, in the same manner that Boris and other Country leaders have been. However, this is a 180 degree turn in their thinking so will be virtually impossible for them to consider, never mind action.

The only way for the EU Commission, as that is what we really mean by 'EU', is for them to be generous, innovative and daring,
Houston - We have a problem

Don't count on a new Marshall Plan to save the EU.

The Commission chief had previously dismissed bonds to pool debt risks and instead pushed for using the EU budget as a "Marshall Plan for Europe."

Certain Member Countries have said that they will not finance a '' Marshall Plan ''

Certain Member Countries have said no to debt pooling via '' Corona Bonds ''

However, the President of the EC has a cunning plan :D :D

The president of the Commission has, on several occasions, expressed her point of view that the best way to activate the massive investments Europe needs … is via an ambitious and innovative [EU budget],"
EU budget talks were in tatters before Covid-19 struck, it will be interesting to see what comes out of an even bigger ambitious and innovative EU budget.