Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

philc

LE
Its not carry on fishing as normal. Not sure where you get you information but maybe its time to change it. This from the Brexit supporting Guardian.

Under the new system proposed by the UK, the two sides would agree on what percentage of shared stocks are attached to each of their European economic zones each year. Catch quotas would be organised in line with that percentage.

A failure to agree annually on catches could lead to EU fleets being locked out of British waters. France is particularly concerned by the impact on its fishing communities and has taken a “maximalist” position that the status quo should be protected.

anglo

LE
Hungary building gunboats?
You've read the wrong post again, you one brain celled idiot
Try this
Not whilst they're firmly latched on to the EU tit and sucking hard, Hungary received about 5 billion Euro in 2018, equivalent to 2.5% of GDP.

It will take some strength to pull them off that particularly lucrative nipple...

PM Orban unsurprisingly has more sense than try and emulate ‘Britain’s greatness’.

See post #7,769....

That may help your understanding....

JB

Hungary building gunboats?

Not whilst they're firmly latched on to the EU tit and sucking hard, Hungary received about 5 billion Euro in 2018, equivalent to 2.5% of GDP.

It will take some strength to pull them off that particularly lucrative nipple...

JB

This help your understanding of the Hungarian position....

JB

See the big pointy out bit to the left, Rockall, no need to thank me, sailed around it 81 on a big gray ship and we landed some RMs to put up the Union Jack, though god knows how long it lasted, the weather was rubbish in August.
Although, as they rightly say "There's **** all in Rockall"

PM Orban unsurprisingly has more sense than try and emulate ‘Britain’s greatness’.
Indeed, he can't afford it; whereas we can.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

See the big pointy out bit to the left, Rockall, no need to thank me, sailed around it 81 on a big gray ship and we landed some RMs to put up the Union Jack, though god knows how long it lasted, the weather was rubbish in August.

2ecc29d9-fed6-4f7b-b7a6-c71a93b8af59.jpg

There may be f*** all on Rockall…
But there's loads under and around it

philc

LE
View attachment 508626

There may be f*** all on Rockall…
But there's loads under and around it

Did Google not tell you that plinth where the sentry box is was created by RE if I remember correctly, with explosives. If they blew the whole thing up, different story.

Did Google not tell you that plinth where the sentry box is was created by RE if I remember correctly, with explosives. If they blew the whole thing up, different story.

It was a sad day when the Rockall Times ceased publishing, a sterling read

Yeast Logic.jpeg

philc

LE
Any word on monitoring and regulating the Spanish and other vessels who are apparently taking the piss in UK waters before they get shut out?

I just looked at AIS, we have three Dutch boats just off the coast, may be Cod fishing, the waters cooler plus we have had Northerlies for a while so could be what they are after. Thing is in five years of being here I have never seen three Dutch boats this close fishing, definitely hands to bathe.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You mean like BMW who intend sourcing all their batteries from China?

They will live to regret that especially as one of the worlds largest sources of environmentally acceptable mined and refined lithium (a key battery component) will be?

Cornwall.

They will have to compete against predatory Chinese pricing, something I had direct experience of when I worked in the tungsten industry a couple of decades ago. Chinese industry is state controlled, as is its pricing. The Chinese state has, for many years, subsidised exports in specific market sectors. The aim is to force Western manufacturers in that sector out of business by effectively selling at a loss into that sector. When sufficient Western companies in that sector have gone bust, the Chinese put up prices in that sector and move to the next one. It's how they got so much market share over the years - that and non-existent safety standards and (sometimes) $hit quality.

There was one ridiculous situation where I could buy the finished parts out of China cheaper than I could buy the powder to make them.

Cornwall may find itself up against the same thing if the Chinese see it as a threat.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I have not seen anything that suggests that the ECB have complied with the German Court ( The 3 month deadline has passed )

If it goes to the ECJ, I don't really think it matters what they rule, it will be ringside seats and popcorn either way.

The comments above by Jens Weidmann suggests that they have not complied and he is firing another warning shot at the ECB to get their fingers out.

He, being the guy that will have to comply with the German Court and pull the Bundesbank out the programme.

Germany can see itself being used as the magic money tree for the EU - which (I suspect) is why the German Constitutional Court issued its ruling. But, bearing in mind the parlous state of the Italian and Spanish economies, the EU can't afford to stop it's QE program - which is going to bring it into direct conflict with the constitutional court.

The problem that the ECJ has is that the German Constitutional Court is not challenging it's constitutional position; it is stating that the EU is acting outside of the bounds of the various European treaties. In other words, the ECJ is facing a legal challenge stating that the EU is ultra vires - acting beyond it's legal powers.

And that will be difficult for the ECJ to swerve round. It has to explain how the constitutional court's interpretation of the law is wrong. The fact that it hasn't thus far suggests to me that the German Constitutional Court has a strong case.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads