Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

How long after the Virus has been tamed will Boris turn his attentions to both the Beeb and the Lords?
Outdated Institutions who refuse to acknowledge and adapt to the 'Realité' of the Brave New World were entering?
Lords Adonis, Hesletine and Patten being shining examples , but Prezza and Mandy and Kinnock equally odious.

My Bold ...

Ah Kinnock or should I post Baron Kinnock as I am sure he would prefer to be called … the man who reluctantly was ennobled in 2005 promising to reform the HoL from within … courtesy of the BBC ....

His decision to enter the Lords has brought criticism from certain sections of the press who have branded him a "hypocrite".
He told a politics website last year: "I'm not even sure I'd go into a reformed House of Lords".
But speaking on the day he received his peerage, Mr Kinnock said he was persuaded to accept it so that he could help reform the House of Lords from within.

... full article ... BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Profile: Neil Kinnock ...

I am sure he is still beavering away on a daily basis … wonder how much progress he has made with reform in the last 15 years .

Oh my oh my, Euronews tonight were covering effectively an admission by the EU that they got immigration policy shockingly wrong. They are now offering MSs sponsored repatriation packages, whilst applications For asylum within the EU countries are running at 33% success rates . So now MSs will be asked to stump up more for the commission To give them the money back to get rid. Moreover it’s mooted that the EU abandonment of the 51 convention may be contrary to international law. But why is the Beeb not covering this? Is it because a load of people will be saying we told you so. To cap it all the EU want another EUrocrat to co-ordinate ms policies...what could possibly go wrong?
in the meantime Orban is telling the EU to get stuffed over their law and justice policy. The carrot for him to comply... money of course. Yep the EU is heading on a steady course to wreck itself.

My Bold ...

Ah Kinnock or should I post Baron Kinnock as I am sure he would prefer to be called … the man who reluctantly was ennobled in 2005 promising to reform the HoL from within … courtesy of the BBC ....

... full article ... BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Profile: Neil Kinnock ...

I am sure he is still beavering away on a daily basis … wonder how much progress he has made with reform in the last 15 years .
His progress, was far as he is concerned, will only be measured in the increase to his bank account.
The total w@nker

That's ok - Blair used the Parliament Act at the drop of a hat for non-critical stuff, why can't Boris for something that profoundly affects the country if needs be?
The Parliament Act may be used where legislation was promised in the manifesto. In other words the Lords may not overturn a manifesto pledge, and the government in the commons will use the Parliament Act to overrule the Lords.
I could not say if this, secondary legislation, being used to enforce the manifesto pledge of "Get Brexit Done" would fall under that requirement or not.

Happy to be corrected.

. . . talking of which, I'll just leave this here:

For those who have not seen it before, to the best of my knowledge it is genuine.
Ok, what's the implications then ?
Being thick at the moment.

. . . talking of which, I'll just leave this here:
For those who have not seen it before, to the best of my knowledge it is genuine.

Oh it is genuine alright.
Part of a documentary filmed by, irony of ironies, the BBC in their Storyville series, episode entitled
‘Brexit: Behind Closed Doors'.

Most of the series is still available

Surprisingly.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Parliament Act may be used where legislation was promised in the manifesto. In other words the Lords may not overturn a manifesto pledge, and the government in the commons will use the Parliament Act to overrule the Lords.
I could not say if this, secondary legislation, being used to enforce the manifesto pledge of "Get Brexit Done" would fall under that requirement or not.

Happy to be corrected.
Make a great legal case for Gina Miller to spend other people’s millions on.

Happy to be corrected.
Hadn't heard that so did a wee bit of reading - it seems that there is a gentleman's agreement known as The Salisbury Convention (Salisbury Convention - Wikipedia) protects manifesto bills.

It seems the Parliament Act can still be used for other items - indeed, of the four uses of modern times, only one was based on a manifesto pledge - the hunting bill, the others weren't as far as I can see.

Latest Threads