Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

And he is worth every Euro of it for getting us out of the EU. They should give him a bonus.
Actually I wish that he and Johnson would remain in the EU parliament just to make life as difficult as possible for the others. So difficult that Juncker or his successor would have crawled a mile over broken glass to beg them to leave.
One has to have at least one dream, even if it won't come true.

Friend in Switzerland , sent me the figures for the Vote on Sunday.

63 % - Against.

37 % - For ( SVP )

This means that the Swiss have chosen to 'separate' from the EU - or have I missed something ?

Friend in Switzerland , sent me the figures for the Vote on Sunday.

63 % - Against.

37 % - For ( SVP )

This means that the Swiss have chosen to 'separate' from the EU - or have I missed something ?

You have.

The motion was to void the free movement agreement.

63% voted against the motion.

Result: Switzerland continues with the existing agreements.

Actually I wish that he and Johnson would remain in the EU parliament just to make life as difficult as possible for the others. So difficult that Juncker or his successor would have crawled a mile over broken glass to beg them to leave.
You mean the Sturgeon Defence, currently being deployed in both Westminster and Holyrood?

For regulated companies (like banks), the separation between internal and external audit is as important as front and back offices.

Take people from internal audit into external audit (where the external audit firm also audits the former employer of the internal auditor) is the fastest way to lose and audit mandate.

I can only talk to regulated entities, about which your pithy bollocks doesnt' apply.

But you were implying their intelligence depend on whether the were internal or external audit so if they changed between the roles using your logic their intelligence magically and suddenly changed

All very odd really, but being an internet expert I'm sure you've got your facts correct

Poland and Hungary plan to create a new institute to assess how the rule of law is being upheld across the EU, arguing they need to ensure their countries are not treated unfairly under what they describe as Brussels' "double standards."

I could think of a better, faster way :) :)

In November simply vote down the EU proposal that the 2020 budget and covid recovery package as it is being linked to rule of law, which is a form of blackmail.

Lokiuk without wishing to cause offence, I and I suspect most other posters on here get exactly what he meant.
There are no doubt many battles in internet shire worth fighting to the last at the risk of looking foolish over................
This is not one of them.

You have.

The motion was to void the free movement agreement.

63% voted against the motion.

Result: Switzerland continues with the existing agreements.

Thank you - my friend got it totally wrong , but reading this thread just added to my confusion ,
until the clarity of your reply.

Thank you - my friend got it totally wrong , but reading this thread just added to my confusion ,
until the clarity of your reply.
One thing about the Swiss referenda is you have to read the ‘motion’ very carefully.
In all there were five topics on the ballot paper last Sunday: FoM - failed; Future Aircraft for Swiss Air Force - passed; Paternity Leave - passed; Family Tax Allowance - failed; Wolf Hunting - failed.

The Air Force vote just passed - 50.1% For, 49.9% Against.
“ Defence Minister Viola Amherd welcomed the victory and said the government would now proceed with the evaluation of four models bidding for the contract: the Lockheed-Martin F-35, Boeing’s Super Hornet, Dassault’s Rafale, and Airbus’s Eurofighter Typhoon.”

Has the penny dropped for Macron :) :)

Has Macron seen the true way forward for the EU :):)

The EU is "screwed" if the European Parliament no longer meets in Strasbourg, French President Emmanuel Macron said Tuesday.

Right now I am fighting tooth and nail for the idea that the European Parliament should meet in Strasbourg because if we accept that the European Parliament only meets in Brussels, we are screwed — because in 10 years everything will be in Brussels and people will only speak among themselves in Brussels,

By Christ - for supposedly educated people, some of you are thick as mince.

It was always on the cards that everything would end up in Brussels. Brussels would speak in it's bubble and the Provinces ( That's you Macron & France ) would do whatever Brussels told you.

Tyk

LE
Has the penny dropped for Macron :) :)

Has Macron seen the true way forward for the EU :):)

By Christ - for supposedly educated people, some of you are thick as mince.

It was always on the cards that everything would end up in Brussels. Brussels would speak in it's bubble and the Provinces ( That's you Macron & France ) would do whatever Brussels told you.

To realistic, with there being a Parliament, all the Commission (there's a LOT of Commission buildings with massive staffs within a couple of miles of Schuman and Luxembourg) and heaps of EU support infrastructure in the vicinity, the periodic moves to Strasbourg have always been an expensive and futile PR exercise.
It's hard to believe that Macron actually thinks that the EU isn't all about Brussels and Strasbourg is just an excuse to fund the area with EU expense accounts.

Why does Gina Miller always have a look on her face likes she’s smelling a particularly ripe fart?

Probably 'cos she's not washed her fanny recently and it smells like rancid Hákarl - Wikipedia
0in%20this,to%20dry%20for%20several%20months.
snip "Chef Anthony Bourdain described fermented shark as "the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing" he had ever smelt/eaten"

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Listening to the news at lunchtime there was moaning and wailing about the state of negotiations.

Apparently both sides are still saying there are reasons for optimism. I suppose that depends on your point of view.

UKRaider

Old-Salt
Fatty Blackford has been waffling BS again.

Edited - Scottish Nazi Party disruption amendment just failed.

Third Reading vote NOW in progress...

Last edited:
Fatty Blackford has been waffling BS again. Third Reading vote in progress
Has he mentioned Scotland and Scottish once or twice?