Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

You just don't understand do you?
It's a supreme struggle to get by on only €6,962 wages a month after tax, €4,563 a month allowances + all travel paid for and only €323 to feed yourself on per day.

www.europarl.europa.eu

About | MEPs | European Parliament
Useful information about Members in the European Parliament
www.europarl.europa.eu

Poor things.

Fcuk my tin hat, the poor soles, mushy be close to starvation....

It's a supreme struggle to get by on only €6,962 wages a month after tax, €4,563 a month allowances + all travel paid for and only €323 to feed yourself on per day.

www.europarl.europa.eu

www.europarl.europa.eu

Poor things.

It's no wonder there was tears from the non-Brexit-party MEPs when the majority of UK MEPs had to stand down.

If you followed some of Martin Daubney's twitter posts he gave a great account of what it's like to be a brand new MEP; all the free gifts and how special they made the MEPs feel.

Nice gravy train if you're on it.

I have been long enough on this forum to know instantly when to stop digging a 'ole ... I misread an article and went off on a totally wayward route .
Happens to the best of us. You're not the first, and sure as hell won't be the last!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

www.europarl.europa.eu

www.europarl.europa.eu

Poor things.
I don't know how they do it. 'Poor dears', as my granny used to say!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I said auditors, not your internal audit department.

Two points:

1. internal audit are, erm, auditors........the clue is in the name. They were good, and understood the business.

2. external audit were next to useless, the business was far too complex for them to get their heads around.

Two points:

1. internal audit are, erm, auditors........the clue is in the name. They were good, and understood the business.

2. external audit were next to useless, the business was far too complex for them to get their heads around.
Agreed 100%
My US energy companies Internal Audit guys were top bananas and knew every trick in the book. They saw off many a country manager on the rob.
Sarbanes Oxley (and that other one I don't recall) reporting effectively killed off internal corporate fraud and the black arts.
That isn't to say they don't find ways around it. The penalties for breaching the legislation are immense. Quite how the EU has got away with it whilst the UK were tied to it, remain a little complicated.

Covid has completely changed the Brexit game and all the previous Remainers arguments about free movement , imports exports, travel and the economy have been made redundant since all those things are well and truly farked now.

Covid has completely changed the Brexit game and all the previous Remainers arguments about free movement , imports exports, travel and the economy have been made redundant since all those things are well and truly farked now.
I think everything all over the world at the moment is well and truly farked, Bacongrills, old chap!

From the Graun, the usual caveats apply

Swiss voters have resoundingly rejected an attempt to tear up the country’s agreement with the EU on the free movement of people, in a referendum that echoed the Brexit vote.

Now, I always thought that the Swiss were a fairly sensible lot, and I have no issue in which way they vote, after all, it is their Country.

I do have an issue with this though.

Opponents said that ending the two-decade-old free movement accord with the surrounding EU, of which Switzerland is not a member, would rob the country of skilled workers but above all endanger the complex but vital network of more than 120 bilateral treaties that the country has signed with the bloc.

Are the Swiss so unaware, that they do not know that for the last 5 years at least, probably longer, the EU has been putting pressure on Switzerland to scrap those 120 bilateral agreements, for a single treaty that is going to benefit the EU only ?

The last thumbscrew the EU applied to Switzerland was this:

Since Monday, Swiss trading platforms have been unable to export their services to the EU. This has blocked direct access to Europe’s fourth largest exchange for EU traders. In retaliation, the Swiss government banned the trading of Swiss company shares on EU exchanges.

All this because Switzerland and the EU cannot agree on a framework for future political ties - and especially the pace at which negotiations are going (too slow for the EU).

Of course, the EU only ever negotiate in good faith :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And would never, ever, resort to dirty tactics in an attempt to get a Country to capitulate and kneel before the EU

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
From the Graun, the usual caveats apply

Now, I always thought that the Swiss were a fairly sensible lot, and I have no issue in which way they vote, after all, it is their Country.

I do have an issue with this though.

Are the Swiss so unaware, that they do not know that for the last 5 years at least, probably longer, the EU has been putting pressure on Switzerland to scrap those 120 bilateral agreements, for a single treaty that is going to benefit the EU only ?

The last thumbscrew the EU applied to Switzerland was this:

Of course, the EU only ever negotiate in good faith :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And would never, ever, resort to dirty tactics in an attempt to get a Country to capitulate and kneel before the EU
This is the trap that Sir Oily Robbins and his lacky TMPM tried you catch us in.

Permanent EU hegemony. Fortunately Miller et al went to court and ultimately forced a general election. The nation owes a huge debt of gratitude to La Miller.

This is the trap that Sir Oily Robbins and his lacky TMPM tried you catch us in.

Permanent EU hegemony. Fortunately Miller et al went to court and ultimately forced a general election. The nation owes a huge debt of gratitude to La Miller.
One of my happiest moments was seeing her face when the exit poll in the BBC studio she was in, when it forecast an 80 seat majority for Boris. And then as the night wore on watching that smirk on her face which she has had since 2016 slowly disappear. She did not look a happy bunny. Not so smug. All that time and money going down the pan in one day. I haven't seen or heard of her since.

Last edited:
Ditto BBC presenters.

Latest Threads