Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Bothered and teary-eyed about you being a former auditor?

It's a perfect role for you. It requires no original thought, it relies on other people having done work, adds nothing to production and is extremely repetitive.

Jolly good

Nice to see you're an expert in everything

Maybe loki could audit the EU, they could do with one!

I know someone who was an EU auditor, they had some tales

A lot more foreign travel outside the EU on expenses than you'd expect too

Bothered and teary-eyed about you being a former auditor?

It's a perfect role for you. It requires no original thought, it relies on other people having done work, adds nothing to production and is extremely repetitive.

You're a banker, of course you don't like auditors.

That's less likely than me being elected Pope. Having lived in Brussels for around 18 months the corruption, lavish expenses and sheer hubris of the EU Commission, technocrats and Parliament is quite staggering to see up close.
There was the minor affair some years ago, 2016 ish, concerning Martin Schulz the then president of the EU parliament and dubious expenses. Schulz was not amused when reporters questioned him about it, but later informed the TV viewers via his press officer that he had donated the money to charity. That was just the tip of the iceberg, lesser mortals ie MEPs were claiming daily attendance allowances by signing in and promptly disappearing. The EU parliaments reaction was to move the attendance record from the public area to the private area. Democracy and transparency in action, a la methode EU.

Like the office fight as to where the new photocopier should go.

I'd rather shove Kosovan wasps up my arse than hear them.

No, more about the corruption they found, they were honest but with the amount of Mafia corruption they found they had to be mindful of their own health as well

You're a banker, of course you don't like auditors.

Quite the contrary, particularly internal audit. Middle office verified marks for the trading books, internal audit (togehter with accounts) verified P&L taken on structurd positions. Green light, profit taken and reported, profit share paid. Any questions later arising........"all was signed off by internal audit gov'".

Quite the contrary, particularly internal audit. Middle office verified marks for the trading books, internal audit (togehter with accounts) verified P&L taken on structurd positions. Green light, profit taken and reported, profit share paid. Any questions later arising........"all was signed off by internal audit gov'".

I said auditors, not your internal audit department.

Well this should go down well …Swiss Referendum today … projections indicate large majority , 65 / 35 , to suspend a treaty concerning freedom of movement from the EU ….

The right-wing Swiss People’s Party (SVP) – the biggest in the parliament – led the charge for Sunday’s referendum to take back control of immigration, echoing some of the arguments pro-Brexit politicians used in the run-up to Britain’s exit from the EU.

… so it’s partly our fault

Swiss voters reject bid to curb EU freedom of movement — TV projection | DW | 27.09.2020

and …

EU showdown: Switzerland votes in crunch referendum described as 'worse than Brexit'

EU SOP … result not as required ... threaten with big stick to have another Referendum .

ETA ..... Ignore most of the above .... mainly TOSH .

Last edited:
Well this should go down well …Swiss Referendum today … projections indicate large majority , 65 / 35 , to suspend a treaty concerning freedom of movement from the EU ….

Swiss voters reject bid to curb EU freedom of movement — TV projection | DW | 27.09.2020

and …

EU showdown: Switzerland votes in crunch referendum described as 'worse than Brexit'

EU SOP … result not as required ... threaten with big stick to have another Referendum .
Why would maintaining the status quo be a problem? Particularly with such a large margin.
Or am I missing something?

and …

The Killer line is the last one: ' He added: "This new referendum is the result of the non-implementation of the old one."'

Non-implementation - its the establishment SOP in every situation to argue that now is the wrong time and we will sort out that sovereignity s*** another day, when you've been suitably lubricated (irish).

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

and …

Err I think you may have misread it old son, it's the result the EU wanted.

Err I think you may have misread it old son, it's the result the EU wanted.
Oooooooops ...... A senior moment ..... I am quite senior .

Why would maintaining the status quo be a problem? Particularly with such a large margin.
Or am I missing something?
Oooooooops ...... A senior moment ..... I am quite senior .

Twice as senior? It's just not your day is it? :plotting:
I have been long enough on this forum to know instantly when to stop digging a 'ole ... I misread an article and went off on a totally wayward route .

There was the minor affair some years ago, 2016 ish, concerning Martin Schulz the then president of the EU parliament and dubious expenses. Schulz was not amused when reporters questioned him about it, but later informed the TV viewers via his press officer that he had donated the money to charity. That was just the tip of the iceberg, lesser mortals ie MEPs were claiming daily attendance allowances by signing in and promptly disappearing. The EU parliaments reaction was to move the attendance record from the public area to the private area. Democracy and transparency in action, a la methode EU.

You just don't understand do you?
It's a supreme struggle to get by on only €6,962 wages a month after tax, €4,563 a month allowances + all travel paid for and only €323 to feed yourself on per day.

www.europarl.europa.eu

About | MEPs | European Parliament
Useful information about Members in the European Parliament
www.europarl.europa.eu

Poor things.

You just don't understand do you?
It's a supreme struggle to get by on only €6,962 wages a month after tax, €4,563 a month allowances + all travel paid for and only €323 to feed yourself on per day.

www.europarl.europa.eu

About | MEPs | European Parliament
Useful information about Members in the European Parliament
www.europarl.europa.eu

Poor things.

I'm so glad that you are so understanding of the deprivations and penury they subject themselves to in order to represent you...:smile:

JB

Latest Threads