Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

for a truck trying to get north or north east, it’s very sub par up the Channel, it’s not an easy drive, lots of route changes and will add a days driving to Calais.
Well done - but i allready agreed several times and said its a crap location not viable.

Doesnt change my point that quality of roads wouldnt be an issue - which is what your origional post that took us down the rabbit hole intimated.

I know I'm an old duffer but I hadn't connected the dots! I have wondered why some 'British' people who live abroad and have done for decades were making such a song & dance about Brexit. There is some old biddy in Portugal in particular who was absolutely losing the plot over it. Now it's all made clear, nothing to do with sovereignty blah blah it's all to do with the usual human motivating factor, money. Greedy barstewards.
Borrow 5-15k in the UK, then do a flit to the continent to use that capital for a start up...

Well done - but i allready agreed several times and said its a crap location not viable.

Doesnt change my point that quality of roads wouldnt be an issue - which is what your origional post that took us down the rabbit hole intimated.

the ONLY person who's raised road 'quality' is you.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
A lot of remainiac morons with the same IQ of @PhotEx (thankfully Baglock is on my ignore list) are wibbling that the Internal Market Bill breaks the GFA. I've been unable to see which parts of the GFA are broken by the proposed law: anyone got the exact clauses that are broken?

Why bother, Brandon Lewis has already admitted that the internal market bill does break the law. It’s been widely reported, there may even be moving pictures of the event

Last edited:
I'm clearly very dumb and foolish. When I worked in Dubai for 4+ years a couple of years ago I deregistered with my Dr and didn't use the NHS when back for holidays (although I had a very nice company medical coverage).

We should spare a thought for the poor expat peoples…

These are mutchly the fly boy peoples who cashed out on their booming in value RTB council gaffs in the 2000's and moved to early 'retirement' on the Costas when they were still el cheapo - and spent years sneering loudly at the 'mugs' who carried on living and working in the UK, while they lived a life in the sun eating El All Day Breakfasts, shopping in the El British Shop, and boozing at the El Pub while reading the Sun and not learning a word of Spanish.
Alas, the Euro hasn't been kind to them, and they now live in a strange semi solvent Hispanic twilight zone, dependent on UK benefits to make ends meet as the cost of living shot up around them.

When the UK benefits and tax fiddles stop come Jan 2000, and they are forced to sell up, they will be the poor people moving back to the UK where house prices are much higher than Spain, and a life in bedsitland awaits.

civvy

Old-Salt
It’s important if you are a benefit cheating expat NOT to have a foreign account as your main account, after all, HMG/DWP might join the dots!

You retain your UK account, registered at a UK address, and have all moneys paid into that, then write a cheque to deposit spending money in your Costa Bank that’s linked to your Costa residence.

The dots are already joined. Our French bank writes to us every year asking us to confirm our UK identities so they can pass on transaction information to the UK authorities.

I know I'm an old duffer but I hadn't connected the dots! I have wondered why some 'British' people who live abroad and have done for decades were making such a song & dance about Brexit. There is some old biddy in Portugal in particular who was absolutely losing the plot over it. Now it's all made clear, nothing to do with sovereignty blah blah it's all to do with the usual human motivating factor, money. Greedy barstewards.

And a lot of the criminals or retired criminals to boot

Dread

LE
Had an argument with a Brit living in Durban, South Africa who was whining like a stuck pig about Brexit, especially how the Internal Markets Bill was "driving a coach and horses through the Good Friday Agreement". So I asked him to provide the parts of the IM Bill that did so, and what parts of the GFA it broke. The spastic went spastic.

Post after post he posted irrelevant shite: opinions from Blair, May, Unison, and other remainiac mongs. Not one single fact. He then had an even more epic meltdown when I pointed out that most of the opinions he had posted weren't referencing the GFA at all, but the Withdrawal Agreement.

Turns out that his main job is going around universities within the EU spouting crap as an IT consultant, and the French company that employed him had told him that they couldn't be bothered to process any work-permits or visas for him in the future, and so had retained another consultant who was based in the EU and had an EU member-state passport. So why was he so against Brexit? Personal wealth, aka, 'greed'. Much fun was had poking him about democracy and freedom, and the small issue that clearly the French company and the clients he served cared so little for his abilities that they were happy with a replacement without raising any desire to keep the remainiac.

Dread

LE
The dots are already joined. Our French bank writes to us every year asking us to confirm our UK identities so they can pass on transaction information to the UK authorities.
Yup. My Hungarian, Austrian and UK banks all talk to the various taxmen. Have done for a couple of years. It's not a problem unless you're on the fiddle.

France is très bonne, but lets look at some of the other popular ex pat haunts.
When I sold the late mothers house, the people buying it, Polish, walked in to do the business at the Solicitors office in Ireland with a suitcase full of cash… not a legal or banking eye was raised at so much cash changing hands, being deposited and moved around.

the ONLY person who's raised road 'quality' is you.

Your 1st post presented a map and inferred poor road links as well as poor geography.

I responded by agreeing on the geography point but disagreeing with the road issue.

To which you Keep banging on that its in the wrong place - a point ive never disputed and publically agreed with several times.
At no point did you ever say - no i agree the roads are fine you missunderstood my post.

Instead As ever though youve thrown out more bollox.

Theres thousands of members of ARRSE from a broad range of backgrounds it stands to reason theres an expert on every subject - So why is it always you.

Armour design
Armoured doctrine
Anti Armour weaponry
Combat aircraft design
Procurement
Commercial aircraft design
Commercial aircraft operations
Helicopter design
Aircraft legislation
Aircraft maintenance
Small arms
Artillery
Naval weapons systems
Naval ship design
AEW
ASW
Virology
Criminal law
Transportation links
The state of French roads

Edit - and it now seems an expert on every UK expats - thought deeds and motivations

There is no subject you will not claim to know better than even the acknowledged site SME - telling fast jet pilots they no nothing about Aerodynamics ring a bell, Tankies and armoured Inf they dont know how their kit works.

I assume when Challenger is upgraded you will be back with yet another new ID extolling the virtues of armour and why the army should have more.

Quite frankly I find your constant British - French UK built esp Bae is shit diatrabes beyond dull now - you are beyond parody - Spider at least had the excuse of being thick as 2 short planks.

Your 1st post presented a map and inferred poor road links as well as poor geography.

I responded by agreeing on the geography point but disagreeing with the road issue.

To which you Keep banging on that its in the wrong place - a point ive never disputed and publically agreed with several times.
At no point did you ever say - no i agree the roads are fine you missunderstood my post.

Instead As ever though youve thrown out more bollox.

Theres thousands of members of ARRSE from a broad range of backgrounds it stands to reason theres an expert on every subject - So why is it always you.

Armour design
Armoured doctrine
Anti Armour weaponry
Combat aircraft design
Procurement
Commercial aircraft design
Commercial aircraft operations
Helicopter design
Aircraft legislation
Aircraft maintenance
Small arms
Artillery
Naval weapons systems
Naval ship design
AEW
ASW
Virology
Criminal law
Transportation links
The state of French roads

There is no subject you will not claim to know better than even the acknowledged site SME - telling fast jet pilots they no nothing about Aerodynamics ring a bell, Tankies and armoured Inf they dont know how their kit works.

I assume when Challenger is upgraded you will be back with yet another new ID extolling the virtues of armour and why the army should have more.

Quite frankly I find your constant British - French UK built esp Bae is shit diatrabes beyond dull now - you are beyond parody - Spider at least had the excuse of being thick as 2 short planks.

As you're being a bit of a teary, emotional and argumentative muppet today, have a spell on ignore.

Regardez, a French 'minor road' I use rather a lot… upgraded with EU money to a dual carriageway to nowhere - but pas de bloody trucks as it doesn't go where the trucks want to go on its magical mystery tour across France

D955.jpeg

Last edited:
As you're being a bit of an obtusely argumentative muppet today, have a spell on ignore.
Thank F*ck for that - i can now comment on things I do actually know about without being contradicted by the sites leading expert in google fu.

Leaving it to the real experts to tell me when (and why) im wrong

Edit I see - Photex has treated us to an image of his well travelled minor road - which I would not consider minor - particuarly not in a French rural context .

That minor road is little differrent to much of the A62 (a Major road on Photex map) -
Therefore I stand by my point the roads around cherbourgh are pretty good on a par with the A routes despite not being named such and qualitively no worse than the A64 asides being dual not triple carriage.

Last edited:
Why bother, Brandon Lewis has already admitted that the internal market bill does break the law. It’s been widely reported, there may even be moving pictures of the event
Only if its necessary to trigger parts of it. Having it enabled doesn't break any laws.

France is très bonne, but lets look at some of the other popular ex pat haunts.
When I sold the late mothers house, the people buying it, Polish, walked in to do the business at the Solicitors office in Ireland with a suitcase full of cash… not a legal or banking eye was raised at so much cash changing hands, being deposited and moved around.
“Jeysus “ try doing that on the Isle of Man and the bank or legal firm ( on pain of losing their banking licence/ accreditation) will literally call the tax dept whilst you are there and shop you.

Can you point me to any of your over excited teary eyed posts about EU institutions and members breaking international law? I must have missed them and I'm sure they'll be very educational in the current circumstances

Couple of examples so you can get all worked up and say Grrrrrrrrrrr EU bad. Or not

Last edited:
“Jeysus “ try doing that on the Isle of Man and the bank or legal firm ( on pain of losing their banking licence/ accreditation) will literally call the tax dept whilst you are there and shop you.

€150,000 in cash, no one blinked, the solicitor next door witnessed the paperwork for €10 (cash naturally)

Latest Threads