Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

philc

LE
More or rather unsolved EU problems, no country is going to take "irregular arrivals" which is the nice word for illegal immigrants not even for 10000 euros a year on the off chance the country taking them can get them back to their country of origin.

This is only going to get worse, its going to be push back and mass deportation flights in the near future, think Con Air not a seat on some commercial flight.

The European commission is abandoning the idea of mandatory refugee quotas, as it revives an attempt to change Europe’s asylum and migration rules after more than four years of deadlock.

The long-awaited migration proposals, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, would allow EU member states to choose whether to accept refugees, or take charge of returning those denied asylum to their home countries.

As a sweetener to take in refugees, or asylum seekers rescued in the Mediterranean Sea, countries would be offered €10,000 (£9,192) for each adult, funded from the EU budget. But in a break with the past, no country would be obliged to offer shelter to anyone.

More or rather unsolved EU problems, no country is going to take "irregular arrivals" which is the nice word for illegal immigrants not even for 10000 euros a year on the off chance the country taking them can get them back to their country of origin.

This is only going to get worse, its going to be push back and mass deportation flights in the near future, think Con Air not a seat on some commercial flight.

The European commission is abandoning the idea of mandatory refugee quotas, as it revives an attempt to change Europe’s asylum and migration rules after more than four years of deadlock.

The long-awaited migration proposals, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, would allow EU member states to choose whether to accept refugees, or take charge of returning those denied asylum to their home countries.

As a sweetener to take in refugees, or asylum seekers rescued in the Mediterranean Sea, countries would be offered €10,000 (£9,192) for each adult, funded from the EU budget. But in a break with the past, no country would be obliged to offer shelter to anyone.
If some/any, State/Country/government, were prepared to sub-contract the work, that is one hell of an attractive business proposition . . . ;) !!

Last edited:

philc

LE
If some/any, State/Country/government, were prepared to sub-contract the work, that is one hell of an attractive business proposition . . . ;) !!

If gloves were off, no messing from Judges & Courts plus liberals then yes it is, just the job for say a Bulgarian or Hungarian commercial venture, I see the future and its not pretty for new arrivals, and it will come to this, hence the rush.

That €10,000 will not go far when the extended family come across to join them.

To even attempt a legitimate business - You would not be able to fart in peace for the Yuman Rites Brigade crawling all over you.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

EU"We will pay you €,10,000 of your own money to take these people on. Once there it is your responsibility to feed, house and find them jobs.".
MS "F*ck off".

I can see criminal gangs owning the whole life cycle, get paid to transport them across Europe, then use them as free labour in work camps when they get here, with free money from the EU thrown in for good measures

. . . . The long-awaited migration proposals, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, would allow EU member states to choose whether to accept refugees, or take charge of returning those denied asylum to their home countries.

That €10,000 will not go far when the extended family come across to join them.

To even attempt a legitimate business - You would not be able to fart in peace for the Yuman Rites Brigade crawling all over you.
It seems to read "€10,000 (£9,192) for each adult", which is NOT Euro10,000 for each family.

I would imagine a responsible private, legitimate, business, would be able to deal (ignore) the "Yuman Rites Brigade", in a suitably robust manner.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
So, very quiet on the Brexit front.

Mystic Meg Wordsmith would like to make a prediction.
  1. In another week or two, the EU will come back to BoJo and say due to Covid 19, the transition period will need to be extended to allow the negotiations on the trade agreement to be extended.
  2. BoJo will say Foxtrot Oscar - you've had three years to agree one.
I think BoJo is determined to exit on WTO terms unless the EU capitulates on the majority of its demands and is happy to run the clock down.

Wordsmith

I can see criminal gangs owning the whole life cycle, get paid to transport them across Europe, then use them as free labour in work camps when they get here, with free money from the EU thrown in for good measures

Reichsbahn had that down to a fine art.

special trains, special work camps.

come to EUropa - arbiets will set you nichts frei Achmed

Dread

LE
EU"We will pay you €,10,000 of your own money to take these people on. Once there it is your responsibility to feed, house and find them jobs.".
MS "F*ck off".

Agree 100%.

How much did Germany and Austria spend per illegal migrant per year when Mental Merkel invited them in?
Answer: EUR 16,500, averaged out across adults and children, male and female.

5 years after the first great wave of illegal migrants, what is the unemployment rate among these migrants?
Answer: 43%

So for the 1,300,000 migrants that illegally entered Europe in 2015, what have the costs been?
Let's be kind with the assumptions: 25% unemployment after year 1. Average cost of each unemployed migrant is EUR 15,000 per year to the relevant member state.

Year 1 cost: 1.3M x EUR 15,000 = EUR 19.5 Billion.
Year 2 - 5 cost per year: 325k x EUR 15,000 = EUR 4.9 Billion.

Total migrant crisis of 2015 has thus cost EUR 39 Billion.

Obviously this ignores tax contributions paid by the working migrants, however the majority of statistics available show that they are widely employed in unskilled, low wage jobs, and have a preponderance to work for local government (thus are a continuing cost to the taxpayer).

So how much would the EU be off-setting this? Imagine they offered the same deal in 2015 when the crisis started.
Year 1 cost: 1.3 million migrants x EUR15,000 - EUR 10,000 per adult

Ahhh... but how many were children? Answer: 25% (allegedly)European migrant crisis - Wikipedia

So the equation then becomes:
Year 1: (1.3 million migrants x EUR 15,000) - (975,000 x 10,000) = EUR 9.75 Billion
Year 2 - 5 remain the same.
Total cost to member states = EUR 29.25 Billion.

Anyone still interested?

Anyone thinking that Hungary would accept more than 150 migrants will be very disappointed: Prime Minister Orban's refusal to allow any of the migrants to stay in the country gave him a landslide election victory.

Last edited:
Had one visit my house yesterday , young lad about 20s with a Husquvarna chain saw T shirt
"Mornin Sor, noticed your trees are a bit overgrown (they aren't) would you be wantin me an me brother to trim them up a bit?"

"No thanks son , I have a chain saw in the garage and will be doing that myself next month when all the leaves are gone"

" ,OK, Tanks then , would that be your motorhome there? Looks pretty good, would ye be sellin it by chance ? "

"No son , it isn't for sale "

that's me now parking my car across the back of the camper for the next couple of months , instead of along side it

Had one visit my house yesterday , young lad about 20s with a Husquvarna chain saw T shirt
"Mornin Sor, noticed your trees are a bit overgrown (they aren't) would you be wantin me an me brother to trim them up a bit?"

"No thanks son , I have a chain saw in the garage and will be doing that myself next month when all the leaves are gone"

" ,OK, Tanks then , would that be your motorhome there? Looks pretty good, would ye be sellin it by chance ? "

"No son , it isn't for sale "

that's me now parking my car across the back of the camper for the next couple of months , instead of along side it

Yep, and you want to lock that chainsaw in a safe too.

The entire EU negotiating strategy was based on the idea that if enough pressure was applied, the UK would roll over and play dead. That's proved to be an epic misconception.

Wordsmith

Have we ever done that in our entire history?

Goes to prove the arrogance of the EU strategy.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
Oh dear,some of the euro-luvvies are losing their UK bank accounts.Lazy gits have had plenty of time to open a local account.I expect they can still get their benefits paid in.

tuffsh1te.png

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Have we ever done that in our entire history?

Goes to prove the arrogance of the EU strategy.

The Munich Agreement in 1938.

The German generals may well have toppled Adolf had Chamberlain not waved the white flag. German rearmament wasn't at the stage where they could risk a war with Czechoslovakia with intact defences, plus France and the UK. With a potentially hostile Russia in the wings.

Wordsmiith

Latest Threads