Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Didn't need them after the shot was fired . There had been a series of photo's posted on this forum quite some years ago including some after pics.
Not much of her head left TBH . The two blokes holding her in position though .... I think they may have needed ear protection .
IIRC she had been convicted of drug dealing or smuggling in that nice Chinese place .
EDIT
Might have been North Korea not Communist China
Yes
I remember that, and her head resembled a watermelon. Very unpleasant istr.

hows that huge EU fleet of giant RoRos to bypass Britain coming on?
The way we're going right now we might just get a a central corridor from here through Wales/England all the way to Dover handed over....hey that rhymes!

Save us having to use the ferries.

Yes
I remember that, and her head resembled a watermelon. Very unpleasant istr.

if it’s the one of the woman in the white sweater and dark sweatpants, she was a Tibetan protestor and her and the other women were charged as ’bandits’ and ‘drug dealers’.

19 hrs on a ferry to France from Ireland? You had better hope that the landbridge doesn't get shut if Cabotage rights are not negotiated satisfactorily... :grin:
19 hours on a ferry or 12 hours across the UK with the chance of being attacked by the Kent Liberation army....tough choice all right.

The way we're going right now we might just get a a central corridor from here through Wales/England all the way to Dover handed over....hey that rhymes!

Save us having to use the ferries.

ah I see, the EU is building you a tunnel under The Oirish sea.

And as we know, Cherbourg is right at the heart of the action with direct motorway links to the rest of EUtopia....

oh wait!

View attachment 506739
I dont think that image shows what you think it does.
Theres a good Dual carriageway from Cherbourg Docks - bypassing the town.

Would say its on a par with Felixtow and would serve France Well.

Of course for the rest of the EU the Low countries are the best positioned and that isnt going to change post Brexit

Ouistreham is not so hot - you get fouled up in Caen.

I dont think that image shows what you think it does.
Theres a good Dual carriageway from Cherbourg Docks - bypassing the town.

Would say its on a par with Felixtow and would serve France Well.

Of course for the rest of the EU the Low countries are the best positioned and that isnt going to change post Brexit

Ouistreham is not so hot - you get fouled up in Caen.

Pompey docks are only 15 minutes away, but rather than take the ‘convenient’ crossing, I drive the two hours to Dover and le Tunnel, rather than 7 hours in a boat and the long arduous part toll haul up the channel coast to Calais.

Despite what too many in Ireland fondly imagine, Cork, Waterford, Rosslare to Brittany, Cherbourg is not a practical option for umpteen thousands trucks going to and from Ireland to NW and Central Europe. I don’t think Cherbourg has much Spare capacity anyway.
we already get some Irish trucks through Pompey, but they are heading into Western France.

Pompey docks are only 15 minutes away, but rather than take the ‘convenient’ crossing, I drive the two hours to Dover and le Tunnel, rather than 7 hours in a boat and the long arduous toll haul up the channel coast to Calais.

Despite what too many in Ireland fondly imagine, Cork, Waterford, Rosslare to Brittany, Cherbourg is not a practical option for umpteen thousands trucks going to and from Ireland to NW and Central Europe. I don’t think Cherbourg has much Spare capacity anyway.
we already get some Irish trucks through Pompey, but they are heading into Western France.

Which I dont disagree with - however youre post inferred ther roads were crap - that isnt the case

19 hours on a ferry or 12 hours across the UK with the chance of being attacked by the Kent Liberation army....tough choice all right.

I wont bother giving you chapter and verse on the impact on your economy of the loss of the land bridge

I've done it before and no point repeating myself

Suffice to say that if Irish hauliers lose free passage through the UK your economy is screwed
Properly and possibly irreparably screwed

Latest Threads