Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

A tacit admission that the EU has not been negotiating in good faith.

Tell the EU, in good faith, to fark right off
The word "start" is missing from somewhere in that link.

A tacit admission that the EU has not been negotiating in good faith.

Tell the EU, in good faith, to fark right off

The stench of desperation and fear surrounds them. Time for Boris to put the boot in and focus their attention.

Dread

LE
Didn't need them after the shot was fired . There had been a series of photo's posted on this forum quite some years ago including some after pics.
Not much of her head left TBH . The two blokes holding her in position though .... I think they may have needed ear protection .
IIRC she had been convicted of drug dealing or smuggling in that nice Chinese place .
EDIT
Might have been North Korea not Communist China

She was a protester demanding independence for Tibet.

I think that's what the IM Bill was.

It's nice to have a PM with a backbone.
My Bold ... If I understand the situation correctly an amendment that BJ agrees with is to be included which will require a further vote in Parliament to actually / finally implement the Statute .... bearing in mind the Conservative majority this means once it is on the Statute Book it will be a Sword of Damocles hanging over the EU in the event of no deal .

Dread

LE
A lot of remainiac morons with the same IQ of @PhotEx (thankfully Baglock is on my ignore list) are wibbling that the Internal Market Bill breaks the GFA. I've been unable to see which parts of the GFA are broken by the proposed law: anyone got the exact clauses that are broken?

A lot of remainiac morons with the same IQ of @PhotEx (thankfully Baglock is on my ignore list) are wibbling that the Internal Market Bill breaks the GFA. I've been unable to see which parts of the GFA are broken by the proposed law: anyone got the exact clauses that are broken?

The wibbling is all about technicalities.

Well, technically the GFA was broken in April 2019 when that young Journo was shot dead in Londonderry.

Perhaps they should think on that and shut their wibbling.

EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier said on Wednesday he remained determined to reach a deal with Britain when asked whether such an agreement was possible before the end of a status-quo transition period.

Asked by Reuters as he arrived in London before informal talks if he was optimistic about reaching a deal, Barnier said: “I am determined.”

The real question is, are you determined to get a deal that

a. Subjugates the UK to the EU

or

b. Is beneficial to both sides with no subjugation involved

I suppose I should throw in a c

c. Why are you determined to get a deal ? The EU are brilliant and don't need a deal :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Morning precious…

Have you worked out how countries with populations set to reach half a billion in a decade or so and become the biggest countries in their continents are geo-politically unimportant yet?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

The real question is, are you determined to get a deal that

a. Subjugates the UK to the EU

or

b. Is beneficial to both sides with no subjugation involved

I suppose I should throw in a c

c. Why are you determined to get a deal ? The EU are brilliant and don't need a deal :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Given BoJo has proven to have a big set of balls as far as Brexit is concerned, the EU are now on the horns of a dilemma. As BoJo is clearly prepared to exit on WTO terms - and will in all probability advise the UK's businesses on the 15th of next month that a no deal Brexit is now the probable outcome - the EU has painted itself into a corner and has two equally unpalatable choices.
  1. Perform a humiliating climbdown to get a trade deal
  2. Watch the UK exit on WTO terms
I suspect even if the EU climb down, they still won't get a deal. BoJo will move the goalposts again. From the UK's perspective, the best bet may be to exit on WTO terms, rapidly sign a lot of FTA's with ROW countries and let the EU finally understand that they need to sign a genuine FTA with the UK or face losing the lucrative UK market.

The entire EU negotiating strategy was based on the idea that if enough pressure was applied, the UK would roll over and play dead. That's proved to be an epic misconception.

Wordsmith

Given BoJo has proven to have a big set of balls as far as Brexit is concerned, the EU are now on the horns of a dilemma. As BoJo is clearly prepared to exit on WTO terms - and will in all probability advise the UK's businesses on the 15th of next month that a no deal Brexit is now the probable outcome - the EU has painted itself into a corner and has two equally unpalatable choices.
  1. Perform a humiliating climbdown to get a trade deal
  2. Watch the UK exit on WTO terms
I suspect even if the EU climb down, they still won't get a deal. BoJo will move the goalposts again. From the UK's perspective, the best bet may be to exit on WTO terms, rapidly sign a lot of FTA's with ROW countries and let the EU finally understand that they need to sign a genuine FTA with the UK or face losing the lucrative UK market.

The entire EU negotiating strategy was based on the idea that if enough pressure was applied, the UK would roll over and play dead. That's proved to be an epic misconception.

Wordsmith

I don't think HMG really wants much if anything to do with moribund EUtopia any more.
The VDL State of the Union Address sets EUtopia on a path to further integration and decline.
In a decade, it will represent just 10% of global trade, and will continue to slip down the league into its obscure gerontophile back water.

60% of global growth is in Asia, South America and Africa are going into overdrive too.
The future is not Europe

Dread

LE
Must have trumped up the drug smuggling charges so they could blow her brains out .
I suspect she was unlucky enough to be a match with a Chinese Communist Party official needing a new kidney, as it is usual practice in China, when a senior official starts falling to bits, to harvest organs from the prison population. If no match is immediately available, then the first person arrested who is a match will receive the death penalty (which in China is often carried out immediately). So even getting caught stealing a slice of bread can result in a death sentence (all people arrested are automatically DNA swabbed).

Partitioning your own country to own the EU....ballsy move you crazy bastards....ballsy!!8)

Can't wait for the threat(?) to nuke Swansea to get back into Galileo....

Partitioning your own country to own the EU....ballsy move you crazy bastards....ballsy!!8)

Can't wait for the threat(?) to nuke Swansea to get back into Galileo....

19 hrs on a ferry to France from Ireland? You had better hope that the landbridge doesn't get shut if Cabotage rights are not negotiated satisfactorily... :grin:

19 hrs on a ferry to France from Ireland? You had better hope that the landbridge doesn't get shut if Cabotage rights are not negotiated satisfactorily... :grin:

And as we know, Cherbourg is right at the heart of the action with direct motorway links to the rest of EUtopia....

oh wait!

8DE5FC7F-50A5-4BF4-91EA-68ED673647D1.png

Latest Threads