Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

syrup

LE
So Guy speaks for the European Parliament does he? That's democracy Euro stylee

He doesn't speak he rants in a style Adolf would be proud of.
Check out the YouTube videos if him ranting and demanding that nations should hand all their powers over to Brussels
It was so good half the pensioners in Germany went up the loft to get their old gear back out for another go.

Check out the YouTube videos if him ranting and demanding that nations should hand all their powers over to Brussels
It was so good half the pensioners in Germany went up the loft to get their old gear back out for another go.
I'd personally like to thank Mr V. should I ever suffer the misfortune of meeting him.
I know that of an admittedly minute sample of voters, of my acquaintance every time the Gap toothed Gobsh#te made an appearance on't telly prior to the Referendum one on two more 'Dont knows' were swayed towards Independence rather than Federalism ( they expressed it in simpler and more Non PC. terms)
Farage didn't have to work that hard in some places, V did it for him.

Eine Reich! Eine Volk! Eine EU!

I'd personally like to thank Mr V. should I ever suffer the misfortune of meeting him.
I know that of an admittedly minute sample of voters, of my acquaintance every time the Gap toothed Gobsh#te made an appearance on't telly prior to the Referendum one on two more 'Dont knows' were swayed towards Independence rather than Federalism ( they expressed it in simpler and more Non PC. terms)
Farage didn't have to work that hard in some places, V did it for him.
I said that from the moment the referendum is announced.

Guy wants the UK out - his whole aproach - his talk of punishments for leaving the threats - you could do nothing more to ensure a nations belligerance and a big F U vote

I said that from the moment the referendum is announced.

Guy wants the UK out - his whole aproach - his talk of punishments for leaving the threats - you could do nothing more to ensure a nations belligerance and a big F U vote

be has always seen the UK as the brake on greater, and faster, EU integration.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The E.U. is terrified that we become a tax haven and set our own tax to encourage those manufacturers to come to the U.K and set up here.

They are also worried about the UK selectively trimming back burdensome EU regulation and becoming more cost effective by that route.

1600422607565.png

Some regulation is necessary, but excessive regulation is an "unquality" thing that costs money. We need subject matter experts (not politicians) to go through the EU rules and regulations we will be free of in January and selectively prune them so that we end up only with the ones that serve a practical purpose.

Wordsmith

Truxx

LE
They are also worried about the UK selectively trimming back burdensome EU regulation and becoming more cost effective by that route.

View attachment 505370

Some regulation is necessary, but excessive regulation is an "unquality" thing that costs money. We need subject matter experts (not politicians) to go through the EU rules and regulations we will be free of in January and selectively prune them so that we end up only with the ones that serve a practical purpose.

Wordsmith
It has been a hell of a way of doing things.

First, get nations to agree in law to apply the regulations

Then rule by regulation (with no democratic oversight whatsoever)

A dictatorial technocrats wet dream.

View attachment 505370

Wordsmith

ah EU excessive regulation.

they have a EU wide standard for bananas, but there are 14 different types of incompatible gas fittings on domestic LPG cylinders across Europe.

Truxx

LE
ah EU excessive regulation.

they have a EU wide standard for bananas, but there are 14 different types of incompatible gas fittings on domestic LPG cylinders across Europe.
There was reason for me the other day to have a quick google relating to EU regulations on manure.

My gob was well and truly smacked.

be has always seen the UK as the brake on greater, and faster, EU integration.
.... or even the break to cause greater and faster EU disintegration .

There is a thriving industry in France, making adapters for LPG cylinders. Must be.
There certainly is the in Far East.
Got an adaptor made in Korea that lets me use cheap gas cartridges out b&q
1600424851858.png

There is a thriving industry in France, making adapters for LPG cylinders. Must be.

there is all over EUropa.

going on holibobs to Italy with the caravan, UK, French, Belgian, German, Italian LPG cylinders all incompatible. But at least the bananas are all common.

going on holibobs to Italy with the caravan, UK, French, Belgian, German, Italian LPG cylinders all incompatible. But at least the bananas are all common.
And electric sockets, don't start me on electric sockets..

But that might well be because the UK 13 amp is by far the best, of course.....

get yourself a LIDL induction hob mate . £30 ish you're taking a caravan so you'll be using electric hook up probably all the time added advantage , when it's time to move they cool down very quickly and can be put away in no time at all
we have gas and electric in the camper, , but anytime we use a site or Aire with hook up first thing on is the hob , with the kettle , and a brew on the go as I sort out the pitch...only use the gas when no EHU available, (almost never) or when travelling and want an evening shower)

going on holibobs to Italy with the caravan, UK, French, Belgian, German, Italian LPG cylinders all incompatible.

Is this a new thing ?

I had many friends who were into caravanning in a big way when I was in Germany and I do not recall any of them mentioning having difficulty with LPG cylinders, even though they travelled extensively throughout Europe.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Last year I stayed in a hotel in Greece that had universal electric sockets. You could plug in all the major world sockets and USBs.

The EU could have mandated that all new hotels And all hotels being refitted must have those type of sockets. Cost is minimal and it would be useful for citizens. Of course the EU would never do anything like that because the citizens don’t matter. The EU had to be dragged screaming to sort out roaming charges and pet passports which are about the only things it has ever done that directly benefited citizens. Why doesn’t it care about the punters? Because there is no democratic accountability or any other accountability.

Latest Threads