Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What now for the EU ?

Good odds BoJo will leave on WTO terms - then invite the EU to negotiate sensibly on trade. The EU is about to score a spectacular own goal.

The IM Bill is a big target indicator that BoJo and Cummings don't think a deal that respects our sovereignty is possible, because if it were and we could get a tariff free deal, then there'd be no point.

But giving ground over the level playing field and fishing will run over the red lines and make a deal untenable for them.

I hope.

Interesting how the EU's angry rhetoric got turned down when it became apparent that BoJo's bill would pass and the EU would have to turn rhetoric into action if they continued to shout about it.

One more outburst coming up as the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) gets binned in a few weeks - which in turn will make it easier to deport those coming over the channel illegally into the UK.

Wordsmith
Can you confirm it’s the ECHR and not the ECJ as the ECHR is not part of the EU?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
And here you are again, you mashed potato headed buffoon.
How many times do you need to get your arrse handed to you on here?
DUH FISHIN INDUSTRY FOR THE UK IS SO POOR BECAUSE WE GAVE IT ALL UP 40 YEARS AGO !!
You give your fellow countrymen a bad name.
You're a repetitive troll who knows less about Brexit than my dog.

And how the flying feck are we 'grabbing fish from them' when it's our territorial waters?

There's thick and then there is proper Spudz thick.

Biff, we gave nothing up.

Our fisher people sold their 'spare' licences to Eu people because a single boat was enough for a good living and the payout from selling a boat licence, well, that bought houses for the kids.

We rely on exporting what we catch in our waters, for money. We dont eat it. We fish for what we eat in our neighbours waters.
How is that getting my arse handed to me?

If they deal with coronavirus like they have dealt with brexit. You have my sympathy.
Moonhowling isn't going to help.
Catch a grip, the people delivering a solution to Coronavirus, you think are going to deliver a workable Brexit
You have my sympathy, edit Little else.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
'Beijing' Biden and his pro-IRA and communist backing bunch of criminals weighs in in favour of the IRA and the EU PDR (People's Democratic Republic),

Trump, 4 more years, please!

Just for the record, the Peter King who signed that abortion of a letter is on record as saying:

"If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it."

Biff, we gave nothing up.

Our fisher people sold their 'spare' licences to Eu people because a single boat was enough for a good living and the payout from selling a boat licence, well, that bought houses for the kids.

We rely on exporting what we catch in our waters, for money. We dont eat it. We fish for what we eat in our neighbours waters.
How is that getting my arse handed to me?

If they deal with coronavirus like they have dealt with brexit. You have my sympathy.
Moonhowling isn't going to help.
Catch a grip, the people delivering a solution to Coronavirus, you think are going to deliver a workable Brexit
You have my sympathy, edit Little else.
It's late and your understanding of the UK fishing industry is that of a 5 year old. Apparently you went to Oxford. You wasted your money.

By Central European Health System, surely they mean a centralised healthcare system, whereby provisions for all matters relating to citizens’ health and welfare are standardised throughout the MS with an overarching bureaucracy/regulatory body?
This would have nothing to do with the WHO which does not descend to such sordid details as personal health matters.
No in that you are quite right, the point is that WHO is supposed to be the global monitoring watchdog and unfortunately they are now tainted, but it’s just one more strand in a schism between Europe and the UN. It’s already starting to happen in terms of EU’s military ambitions. If this continues the UN will cease to exist by default in the future. Mind it’s done better than the league.

No in that you are quite right, the point is that WHO is supposed to be the global monitoring watchdog and unfortunately they are now tainted, but it’s just one more strand in a schism between Europe and the UN. It’s already starting to happen in terms of EU’s military ambitions. If this continues the UN will cease to exist by default in the future. Mind it’s done better than the league.
Ah. See what you mean and agree.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ah. See what you mean and agree.
Its thread drift but the problem for the UN is that its tainted by having some very dodgy members and as a consequence makes some extraordinary choices.

Countries with the most appalling human rights records having leading roles in the Human Rights Commission, countries with the appalling records in D and I having leading roles on the Commission on the Status of Women and on and on.

I think there is a case for an international body that only democracies with the rule of law can join.

It should be an aspirational body that helps non-members to become democracies with good governance and the rule of law.

The EU is getting very overt Imperial ambitions, and feels it is intellectually superior to other nations....
and that SHOULD worry us.

Why?

because at its core, the EU is not an accountable democratic institution, it’s an appointed technocracy.
And Europe has been here before. Young Addi had many of the same aspirations at first as the EU. He was big on workers rights, safety regulation, health, common standards, a strong belief in the superiority over other inferior lands.
His ‘Europa Union’ was also an appointed technocracy - started off well, then it all ended in tears.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The EU is getting very overt Imperial ambitions, and feels it is intellectually superior to other nations....

Why?

because at its core, the EU is not an accountable democratic institution, it’s an appointed technocracy.
And Europe has been here before. Young Addi has many of the same aspirations at first as the EU. He was big on workers rights, safety regulation, health, common standards, a strong belief in the superiority over other inferior lands.
His ‘Europa Union’ was also an appointed technocracy - started off well, then it all ended in tears.
I think you raise a good point. The EU is not a totalitarian state now. It’s not likely to be one in the near future but there are insufficient safeguards to stop it happening.

Why?

And Europe has been here before. Young Addi has many of the same aspirations at first as the EU. He was big on workers rights, safety regulation, health, common standards, a strong belief in the superiority over other inferior lands.
'Uber Alles' hasn't gone away.

Humperdoo

Clanker
I think you raise a good point. The EU is not a totalitarian state now. It’s not likely to be one in the near future but there are insufficient safeguards to stop it happening.
Losing the UK is massive in my view, it hugely erodes their legitmacy and power/money within the eyes of the world. These various proposals/aspirations appear to be damage limitation and denial, they're not as strong as the think they are.

Losing the UK is massive in my view, it hugely erodes their legitmacy and power/money within the eyes of the world. These various proposals/aspirations appear to be damage limitation and denial, they're not as strong as the think they are.
But we're a tiny little Island that needs to pay for infrastructure in Bulgaria. We are no longer an empire and we're just an insignificant third country.
Oh, I forgot to mention 'Isolationist' but quite how trading with the rest of the world on our terms makes us 'isolationist' I have yet to fathom.

oldbaldy

LE
He EU has always been jealous of the UK seat on the Security Council, in practical terms France & the UK have voted the same over the years to give a united EU view but with the UK out it diminishes the EU influence in the UN.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Verhoftwat throwing teddies

4DE8A8BE-3219-49A4-BC5C-55C5526C4F58.jpeg

Yes Guy, thanks for that...... please pass on our regards to your colleagues in the the German Automotive Industry etc etc......

syrup

LE
1.4 Million jobs according to the EU's own figures, many of them high paying manufacturing jobs.

The E.U. is terrified that we become a tax haven and set our own tax to encourage those manufacturers to come to the U.K and set up here
They can threaten as much as they want but in the end money talks with big business and if we undercut the Europeans they won't be happy

Latest Threads