What now for the EU ?

I admit that there is much to smile about watching the UK finally finding its Mojo.

We are nowhere near hoot territory yet. Although to be fair I have not read Mr Coveneys latest.
I would love to be a fly on the wall when the Irish chap has his little tete a tetes with his european pals about how this is going.
” Now then lads, you said this was going To be grand, but my lot back home are getting twitchey .you are all going to stand by us lads.
lads...............
Like you said you would...........
lads ?”

y

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I admit that there is much to smile about watching the UK finally finding its Mojo.

We are nowhere near hoot territory yet. Although to be fair I have not read Mr Coveneys latest.
Next week will be entertaining.

Their night vision would be awesome if they did.
Robert Watson-Watt walt!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Truxx

LE
I would love to be a fly on the wall when the Irish chap has his little tete a tetes with his european pals about how this is going.
” Now then lads, you said this was going To be grand, but my lot back home are getting twitchey .you are all going to stand by us lads.
lads...............
Like you said you would...........
lads ?”

y
He definitely looks like Nobby O'Nomates right now. Doesn't stop him continuting to play the big man though.

I don't think BoJo is backing down. More like he's giving the rebels a chance to give in gracefully by making minor concessions.

The pro/anti BoJo articles are the result of varying columnists expressing their options. One of the more amusing is Nick Timothy, who acted as May's chief of staff. Since resigned along with May after her GE f--- up, he's reinvented himself as an ardent Brexiteer.

The other Torygraph gem was in the leadership campaign that BoJo won. Multiple articles said Rory Stewart was the dark horse rapidly gaining ground - right up to the point where his support declined to 10 votes and he dropped out of the race and headed for well deserved obscurity.

Wordsmith
the ’concession’ seems to be a one liner that requires Parliament to be asked first before telling the EU to FOAD.

but like asking the wife if it’s OK to brain the bloke you see fiddling with her car door before braining him.

the ’concession’ seems to be a one liner that requires Parliament to be asked first before telling the EU to FOAD.

but like asking the wife if it’s OK to brain the bloke you see fiddling with her car door before braining him.
Urban Dictionary: Car Door :eek: :p

He definitely looks like Nobby O'Nomates right now. Doesn't stop him continuting to play the big man though.
Were they in the same position, most other heads of MS would be making grand public speeches about trust, cohesion and delivering on one's word. Using the EU's own grand language against it, so as to highlight any subsequent hypocrisy.

His relative silence on the "grand stage" suggests he hasn't yet departed Stockholm.

I'm feeling paranoid, despite everything going well. I have an uneasy feeling that we may give something away right at the last minute.

I'm feeling paranoid, despite everything going well. I have an uneasy feeling that we may give something away right at the last minute.
Probably fishing as the industry was sold down river the last time despite assurances to the contrary.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Probably fishing as the industry was sold down river the last time despite assurances to the contrary.
The British fishing fleet has been run down to the extent we could not take over and catch all that is required. I expect temp licences will be sold to foreign boats to fish our waters.

This will allow the British fleet to build up over time, bring in good EU money for the licences and if done properly and policed well, conservation of dwindling stocks.

That would be the ideal, let's hope we get something close.

Last edited:
The British fishing fleet has been run down to the extent we could not take over and catch all that is required. I expect temp licences will be sold to foreign boats to fish our waters.

This will allow the British fleet to build up over time, bring in good EU money for the licences and if fine properly and policed well, conservation of dwindling stocks.

That would be the ideal, let's hope we get something close.
With strict limits on size of vessels - nets lines etc ans a complete ban on double trawling in the uk EEZ.

I would also reduce the catch from current levels by 10 - 20% thus further enabling recovery of the waters

Aren’t there a lot of EU boats that have been registered as ‘British’?

Aren’t there a lot of EU boats that have been registered as ‘British’?
I don't know about that but AY is right. We would/should allow the existing EU fleets temporary access but it will be on our terms and profit from the catches/licences come back to the UK, not the EU. It would be interesting to see how much the EU has made out of our fishery waters over the last 40 years by doing nothing but collecting their cut. Our fisheries and supporting industries and communities were decimated by Heath after we he signed away our jewels. A grave mistake at the time and by subsequent governments for not trying to recover.

Latest Threads