What now for the EU ?

Didn’t he also say to Maitliss at one point: ‘No, that wasn’t a question, that was a statement.’
It takes a bit of bottle when in the witness box to respond to defence counsel in such a matter, but on the few occasions I've tried it, they fold like a wet paper bag.

Panto season is upon us.
On the radio, yesterday, I heard about a theatre troupe that will be taking their pantos around the local towns and performing in the streets á la Miracle Plays.
‘Pantos’ is not a typo, as they will be performing like a rep company, but in each location the audience will be asked to vote for which panto they would like to see.
So they’ll, effectively, be on the stump and complying with the voters’ wishes.
For some that will be seen as a novel concept I would imagine.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It takes a bit of bottle when in the witness box to respond to defence counsel in such a matter, but on the few occasions I've tried it, they fold like a wet paper bag.
Lilley gave her enough rope then pulled tight and strung her up! It was great viewing! I don't think Emily was chuffed!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Panto season is upon us.
And we have the scene where Baron Boris Grrrrruf sees off the bad Pie-eyed Piper of Brussels Barnier. The Munchkins on the Opposition benches were howling their outrage. Great panto.

Emily Thornberry for the ugly sisters.
Both of them.
And her alter ego, the one she doesn’t like (apparently), Lady Nugget, is the ugly, wicked stepmother, as well.
More panto cast suggestions, please.
We’re looking to cast the Wicked Witch, the Fairy, the Prince - who, in the final scene will be strung up by the gonads by the ‘WokeVolk’ for sexual harassment ...

And her alter ego, the one she doesn’t like (apparently), Lady Nugget, is the ugly, wicked stepmother, as well.
More panto cast suggestions, please.
We’re looking to cast the Wicked Witch, the Fairy, the Prince - who, in the final scene will be strung up by the gonads by the ‘WokeVolk’ for sexual harassment ...
Worwy Stewart. He's volunteered to be the front of the horse and he says he doesn't need a costume. Borington_lad is the back end.

wowy.JPG

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The Telegraph are up and down like a pair of whores drawers. Half their articles are pro Boris, the others, like this, twist the story to suggest that Boris is backing down in some way. Watching him in the house yesterday, I very much doubt that he will be in the mood to give any quarter.
I don't think BoJo is backing down. More like he's giving the rebels a chance to give in gracefully by making minor concessions.

The pro/anti BoJo articles are the result of varying columnists expressing their options. One of the more amusing is Nick Timothy, who acted as May's chief of staff. Since resigned along with May after her GE f--- up, he's reinvented himself as an ardent Brexiteer.

The other Torygraph gem was in the leadership campaign that BoJo won. Multiple articles said Rory Stewart was the dark horse rapidly gaining ground - right up to the point where his support declined to 10 votes and he dropped out of the race and headed for well deserved obscurity.

Wordsmith

Desperation - Desperation - Desperation

A British government effort to distract from domestic criticism over the handling of the coronavirus crisis may have contributed to London’s decision to backtrack on the Brexit deal, the EU’s top Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier told ambassadors.

I'm pretty certain that you were told to ram your red lines up your ARRSE back in January.

The EU seem determined to assist BoJo - they've just made the very point that BoJo was. The text in the withdrawal agreement can indeed by exploited by the EU in the manner that he stated.

Looks like if BoJo gives a little ground, the Tory rebellion will fizzle out. The rebels will feel they've made their point, BoJo gets his bill through largely intact and the EU froths with impotent rage.

In any event, BoJo (although he won't put it as bluntly as that) can hold the ROI hostage, simply by making it difficult to cross the UK land bridge in both directions. All he needs to do is let the EU make the first move, impose reciprocal restrictions, say the EU started it and watch the ROI's economy go down the $hitter.

Wordsmith
Mrs L is firmly on Boris side over this and thinks the EU are being a bunch of Tuesdays.

Ive pointed out that whilst article 38 could be interprated to allow this - its perhaps not in the spirit and helpful to do so at this point.

She opines that since the EU is determined to hold the UK to ransom and penalise it for leaving - we should stick 2 fingers up and walk away.

Macrons comments on the matter have not endeared him to her either and unless the other candidates a communist - he isnt getting her vote

Truxx

LE

Latest Threads