What now for the EU ?

Quite a telling statement, given the thread title.
He also disagreed with my accusation, that he had shown very little objectivity, whose pre-requisite is to look at both sides of an argument....... Its the same with predicting the EU future, you have to take an objective view and the EU in 10 years time will probably survive in some form or other, but it will likely be a much changed product.

The economic picture for the next five years looks appalling and if we do leave on no deal, the damage will be magnified on the continent and those member states can't blame the UK, but those it pays to represent them.

Serious question, but what are you actually trying to achieve? You do know the world has moved on since 2016, so your posts are irrelevant. Would it not make sense to debate the current situation between the UK and the EU? Plus, within the spirit of the thread, where you think the EU is heading post Brexit and COVID. I'm new to the site and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you are coming across as bit of bellend.
Fair enough, when you've been here a bit longer you'll realise who the bellends here really are. They'll most likely announce themselves by liking your post or having a bit of a pop at me. Duck's back, etc.

I point out facts to counter some of the myopic propaganda and BS here. The world may have moved on, but the decision to leave the EU was at least in part brought about my propaganda and lies - the £350m per week one being the most notable, but bluffs along the lines of "...easiest trade deals in history" are up there.

I don't really care where the EU is going, I live in the UK. I was originally in favour of Remain, moved towards a Leave view but having regarded the parlous nature of our current Government and near total lack of progress with negotiation I am seriously doubting our ability to improve on our own as against remaining in the EU. I've posted numerous links and studies backing this up. There is very little decent evidence to back up any argument that we will be better off post EU.

This thread is jam packed full of myopic Brexiteers who cannot even countenance the possibility that it could just possibly go wrong. I righly mock them.

I bet their O Groups ( for those that were in HM Armed Forces ) where both extremely brief and had no paragraphs dealing with possible unfortunate events.

That bad is it? well maybe the EU will see the light before he does.
Don't worry about this bloke, he left the TAs as a Corporal 40 years ago and has long been annoyed that I even exist.

Bizarre, really. But he does wear Reactolites...

He also disagreed with my accusation, that he had shown very little objectivity, whose pre-requisite is to look at both sides of an argument.......
There is no prerequisite to continually look at both sides of an argument when you have previously done so and formed a conclusion.

Do you have Auld Dim on ignore?

Oyibo

LE
Jesus wept. Any chance of a Mod cleaning this thread up before the usual clowns wreck it?

There is no prerequisite to continually look at both sides of an argument when you have previously done so and formed a conclusion.

Do you have Auld Dim on ignore?
The one benefit of the three year referendum debate, was to expose the more vacuous arguments for both remain and brexit. In those years, the democratic and economic arguments were all subject to events and did not come out in your favour.

Now we have corona, which has pretty much wrecked the world economy and is an event of enormous proportions(elephant) in the room and an EU who even remainers(Simon Jenkins) recognise as having showed the EU solidarity is a myth, which has implications for the EU debt mountain.

Your conclusions need to change, when the facts appear to have changed and maybe start to see Barnier as more of an obstacle than your own government.

How will medicines get held up?
The remainers will be taking all the mothers little helpers to cope with their Brexit meltdowns, maybe supplies won't be able to keep up

Your conclusions need to change, when the facts appear to have changed and maybe start to see Barnier as more of an obstacle than your own government.
I've already said they have done, twice.

And not because of CV.

Has any initially Leave voter changed their view?

Truxx

LE
The one benefit of the three year referendum debate, was to expose the more vacuous arguments for both remain and brexit. In those years, the democratic and economic arguments were all subject to events and did not come out in your favour.

Now we have corona, which has pretty much wrecked the world economy and is an event of enormous proportions(elephant) in the room and an EU who even remainers(Simon Jenkins) recognise as having showed the EU solidarity is a myth, which has implications for the EU debt mountain.

But bus bus bus no flights dogging easiest deal Galileo bus bus bus ........

Humperdoo

Swinger
Fair enough, when you've been here a bit longer you'll realise who the bellends here really are. They'll most likely announce themselves by liking your post or having a bit of a pop at me. Duck's back, etc.

I point out facts to counter some of the myopic propaganda and BS here. The world may have moved on, but the decision to leave the EU was at least in part brought about my propaganda and lies - the £350m per week one being the most notable, but bluffs along the lines of "...easiest trade deals in history" are up there.

I don't really care where the EU is going, I live in the UK. I was originally in favour of Remain, moved towards a Leave view but having regarded the parlous nature of our current Government and near total lack of progress with negotiation I am seriously doubting our ability to improve on our own as against remaining in the EU. I've posted numerous links and studies backing this up. There is very little decent evidence to back up any argument that we will be better off post EU.

This thread is jam packed full of myopic Brexiteers who cannot even countenance the possibility that it could just possibly go wrong. I righly mock them.

I bet their O Groups ( for those that were in HM Armed Forces ) where both extremely brief and had no paragraphs dealing with possible unfortunate events.
Are you aware that propaganda and BS has been used by mankind since we left the caves? You haven't mentioned the PR from the remain side which was beyond ridiculous, It's still continuing now! Do you believe the result would have been different if the red bus wasn't used? I don't. Most people had made up their minds years before hand, the numbers don't lie. The EU's affect on the voting population was either positive or negative, the negative generally being economic decline and jobs. I will give an example;, I currently live in Morpeth Northumberland, but I'm originally from Amble (coastal village), I watched within a 10 year period 150 fishing boats decline to 3! Now think of the disproportionate affect that had on the local economy, no wonder they voted to leave. (big red buses mean fook all)
The rest of your post appears to be fence sitting, blaming other's and lacking spine. Unfortunately, this appears to be a serious problem we have had politically since John Major got into office. We haven't had any real leadership and competence since then, (this affects the western world in particular) look at BLM, look at the EU currently tying itself in knots, look at free speech and immigration. I keep hearing the word "populism" being hoyed around, with out asking why? maybe people should learn from history. The problems between the EU and UK are not insurmountable, whether we leave with a deal or not. We should be optimistic, the real world will get on with it as it always does.

The remainers will be taking all the mothers little helpers to cope with their Brexit meltdowns, maybe supplies won't be able to keep up
Because the trade deals are going so well...

Are you aware that propaganda and BS has been used by mankind since we left the caves? You haven't mentioned the PR from the remain side which was beyond ridiculous, It's still continuing now! Do you believe the result would have been different if the red bus wasn't used? I don't. Most people had made up their minds years before hand, the numbers don't lie. The EU's affect on the voting population was either positive or negative, the negative generally being economic decline and jobs. I will give an example;, I currently live in Morpeth Northumberland, but I'm originally from Amble (coastal village), I watched within a 10 year period 150 fishing boats decline to 3! Now think of the disproportionate affect that had on the local economy, no wonder they voted to leave. (big red buses mean fook all)
The rest of your post appears to be fence sitting, blaming other's and lacking spine. Unfortunately, this appears to be a serious problem we have had politically since John Major got into office. We haven't had any real leadership and competence since then, (this affects the western world in particular) look at BLM, look at the EU currently tying itself in knots, look at free speech and immigration. I keep hearing the word "populism" being hoyed around, with out asking why? maybe people should learn from history. The problems between the EU and UK are not insurmountable, whether we leave with a deal or not. We should be optimistic, the real world will get on with it as it always does.
So you're a Leave voter.

No wonder you get annoyed at my posts.

Joiner's Arms is a top pub, mind.

Truxx

LE
You get a like just for using the word "hoyed"

Humperdoo

Swinger
So you're a Leave voter.

No wonder you get annoyed at my posts.

Joiner's Arms is a top pub, mind.
It is, let's hope it survives.

My boss at work voted remain, what I like is we can discuss and debate the EU without resorting to arguments. (rare these days) What does consistently come across however is the fear of leaving. There is very little discussion about any tangible benefits to remaining. I don't have a problem with people who voted remain, however the cult like outrage from some of the remain demographic, including the attempted subversion of a democratic vote, was embarrassing/weak and nothing short of criminal.
Ultimately, remain failed in it's argument and as I said previously, it's no longer relevant. Politically, it's about time we got some balls back.

It is, let's hope it survives.

My boss at work voted remain, what I like is we can discuss and debate the EU without resorting to arguments. (rare these days) What does consistently come across however is the fear of leaving. There is very little discussion about any tangible benefits to remaining. I don't have a problem with people who voted remain, however the cult like outrage from some of the remain demographic, including the attempted subversion of a democratic vote, was embarrassing/weak and nothing short of criminal.
Ultimately, remain failed in it's argument and as I said previously, it's no longer relevant. Politically, it's about time we got some balls back.
There has been plenty of discussion about the benefits of remaining, which are now obviated.

As for us getting some balls back, I dontbthink we ever really lost them.

Second most influential country on earth, our Armed Forces are constantly on Ops of various sizes, and I'd suggest we had more influence as a major player in the biggest trading bloc on the planet, rather than a solo state going it alone with a poor hand.

Latest Threads