What now for the EU ?

Oyibo

LE
Then you have the AfD as well.
Luckily the Alternative isn't an alternative. They have no realistic chance to win the "big" elections or to be part of a coalition government in the Federation. They started out as an EU-sceptical party but those days are long gone and now they are just another party on the extreme right. There they have the failures that extreme in both directions brings with it. Put in a bit Holocaust denial and Glorification of the Third Reich and similar rubbish an no one with all his senses intact can vote them.

I think the shrieking emanates from the whinners who got duped into believing the EU trade deals will be amongst the easiest deals in history...

You "won", get over it.
You think? No one ever accused you of thinking. Well that's really breaking news then, I'll contact CNN and the European "parliament".

You lost and you are still losing, get over it.

You think thats true?

Oh, dear.

So it's the £350M figure specifically, not the NHS bit? Try not to be evasive this time.

Luckily the Alternative isn't an alternative. They have no realistic chance to win the "big" elections or to be part of a coalition government in the Federation. They started out as an EU-sceptical party but those days are long gone and now they are just another party on the extreme right. There they have the failures that extreme in both directions brings with it. Put in a bit Holocaust denial and Glorification of the Third Reich and similar rubbish an no one with all his senses intact can vote them.
Didn't they say that in 1933?

You're on the wrong thread - this one is about the EU, not about a bus a few years ago.
Think you called that one wrong.

The 3 stoogies are on the correct thread.

It's a concentrated trolling effort to get the thread closed.

They have no positive counter arguments - Like a slack hand full of good reasons, that might, just might, make people think, hmmmmmm, perhaps the EU is a bit tasty and a bit of alright.

Nothing, zip, nada, zilch, so lets troll like f**k and get the thread closed.

I think the shrieking emanates from the whinners who got duped into believing the EU trade deals will be amongst the easiest deals in history...

You "won", get over it.
The EU for the past three years has claimed that it doesn't know what our side wants ? I've heard that statement enough times on channel 4 news from the voices of europe on the show.

Lots of things are easy, a marriage for instance is a doddle, so long as you go along with everything the fuhrer demands.. But when a break comes, the deal making, requires both parties to be willing to debate and the understanding what the other side wants, to find a compromise.

I am baffled why you never give an objective view, that the EU is and remains a bad faith player. The inability to see that (validating our exit), is your achilles heel and the same narrow logic that the 'EU is good, because eh it is', will eventually see its eventual demise.

Didn't they say that in 1933?
Oh, they fell for that inbred little Austrian with his ridiculous pronunciation.
Whereby he was right, he said give me 12 years and you won't recognize Germany and in fact you didn't recognize Germany and large parts of Europe after 12 years.

philc

LE
More Italian Banking woes. Now who in their right mind will buy the Italian Governments stake, step forward the ECB, so more money from the EU to prop up the Italian Banking Sector. Italy is riddled with banks like this, small provincial and poorly run.

Italian state-owned bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena expects to remain loss-making through 2022 after the COVID-19 crisis further derailed its restructuring plan, it said in its fist-half financial statement.

Italy must sell its 68% stake in Monte dei Paschi by the end of next year and the bank has recently hired Mediobanca as financial adviser.

The bank, which mismanagement and risky derivatives trades brought to the brink of collapse before an 8 billion euro state bailout in 2017, faces 10 billion euros in legal claims.

Leading to Germany attempting a European Union in 1939
You nasty little Englanders thwarted that attempt on real EUropean greatness back then und you do it again. But this time the Le Grande Forza Armate Wehrmacht will win.
An d then all of you will have to eat Pfälzer Saumagen every day.

More Italian Banking woes. Now who in their right mind will buy the Italian Governments stake, step forward the ECB, so more money from the EU to prop up the Italian Banking Sector. Italy is riddled with banks like this, small provincial and poorly run.

Italian state-owned bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena expects to remain loss-making through 2022 after the COVID-19 crisis further derailed its restructuring plan, it said in its fist-half financial statement.

Italy must sell its 68% stake in Monte dei Paschi by the end of next year and the bank has recently hired Mediobanca as financial adviser.

The bank, which mismanagement and risky derivatives trades brought to the brink of collapse before an 8 billion euro state bailout in 2017, faces 10 billion euros in legal claims.
Talk about monetary black hole!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The EU for the past three years has claimed that it doesn't know what our side wants ? I've heard that statement enough times on channel 4 news from the voices of europe on the show.

Lots of things are easy, a marriage for instance is a doddle, so long as you go along with everything the fuhrer demands.. But when a break comes, the deal making, requires both parties to be willing to debate and the understanding what the other side wants, to find a compromise.

I am baffled why you never give an objective view, that the EU is and remains a bad faith player. The inability to see that (validating our exit), is your achilles heel and the same narrow logic that the 'EU is good, because eh it is', will eventually see its eventual demise.
What the EU negotiators say always needs interpretation, in this case it means "we can't hear the UK saying what we want them to say".

What the EU negotiators say always needs interpretation, in this case it means "we can't hear the UK saying what we want them to say".
Very true and very rarely challenged by the media. Because like bravo 2, the objectivity is absent and a wish to create a tough question, to then challenge the evil brexit UK Government minister, is more important and all rather puerile. Leaving with no deal, seems the only solution and whereas I personally was against the idea back in the day, it seems the EU leaves us no other choice.

I don't think it's that nuanced; to the EU, "leave*" means everythings stays exactly the same, except you no longer have any representation.

*Also see "Withdrawal Agreement".

Latest Threads