What now for the EU ?

Those panic measures will be a blatant breach of the EU treaties.
So nothing new, the politicians started to ignore the rules before the ink was dry. Certain countries use of "imaginative accountancy" in order to meet the entry criteria to the Euro was quite happily accepted by the EU even when it was blatantly obvious.

Last edited:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
'Ave it!
View attachment 496774

Therein the EU's dilemma. BoJo is clearly happy to exit on WTO terms if the EU doesn't stop insisting on us adhering to their rules and regulations + the ECJ. And if that's BoJo's attitude, there's no pressure the EU can bring to bear. It's either WTO or a seriously improved offer from the EU.

My gut feel is that in the short term, the UK will benefit from WTO terms. We run a £70 billion a year trade deficit with the EU - and in the immediate aftermath of Brexit, UK manufacturers are well placed to pick up a lot of that business. Probably more than offsetting the reduced trade with the EU.

Wordsmith

Well this is going to be fun.

The duty troll is going to give us the lowdown on agriculture in general and milk production in particular.

@Cloth bomber and @jagman2 and a couple of others you need to stand by for re-education by someone who wouldn't know one end of a cow from the other.

To be fair, I could tell you which end is the arse end and I know its a bad idea to try milking a bull but beyond that I know jack all about cows.....

On refrigerated distribution I can give you chapter and verse, it is what I do all day every day. Cows, I know fook all!

I've driven a tractor occasionally if that helps......

Therein the EU's dilemma. BoJo is clearly happy to exit on WTO terms if the EU doesn't stop insisting on us adhering to their rules and regulations + the ECJ. And if that's BoJo's attitude, there's no pressure the EU can bring to bear. It's either WTO or a seriously improved offer from the EU.

My gut feel is that in the short term, the UK will benefit from WTO terms. We run a £70 billion a year trade deficit with the EU - and in the immediate aftermath of Brexit, UK manufacturers are well placed to pick up a lot of that business. Probably more than offsetting the reduced trade with the EU.

Wordsmith
"A deal" was only ever a construct of remainers who hoped we wouldn't notice still being part of the shiit show. Obfuscation, project fear and outright lies, this was also part of their tactics.

Last edited:

Latest Threads